09-02-2016 01:29 PM
278 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I haven't heard anything from At&t either, but it's still early.
    At&t statement

AT&T Statement on Samsung Galaxy Note7 | AT&T
    Jona005 and dakini03 like this.
    09-02-2016 09:50 AM
    Got my ATT version through Best Buy. They just told me that their directive has been to tell customer to contact Samsung directly. This will have to change as they get more details ..etc. But so stupid of BB to make a statement/directive like that. Would be so easy to say "we are determining next steps with Samsung and will have more details asap.". But instead they gave me the Heisman
    09-02-2016 09:50 AM
    I am not sure if anyone has spoke to a Samsung rep yet but this is what they have told me over the phone: "The issue isn't in phones that were shipped to the US."

Will know more in the next 24 hours I guess.
    People are saying different things. I don't know really what to think either. There was one article that said that phones made in China used a different battery supplier and were not being recalled. Mine was made in China so I hope that means it is safe. Other people's were made in Korea which is where the problems started. There needs to be some concrete information given.
    09-02-2016 09:51 AM
    In all fairness...that tweet is 40 minutes old and the stores ha r been open for 44 minutes...let's give them some time to get updated.
    This was my thought lol. This was all decided while most of the store employees were sleeping. These guys are just getting in and as the day goes on they are going to be bombarded with calls and questions they don't have answers for yet. Which isn't the employees fault. They have to get the answers to be able to give them. It's great that Sprint released info so quick but they need to get the info and action plan out to their stores ASAP so these employees aren't giving the wrong information or being harassed just because they don't have the answers yet.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-02-2016 09:52 AM
    Do you think everyone who cracked their screens will get new ones as well? Maybe an out for them
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-02-2016 09:55 AM
    AT&T will allow exchange for another S7 product with no restocking fee.
    09-02-2016 09:55 AM
    Normally a bad cell is obvious within the first few charges showing at least one of these attributes:

Gets hot

Poor battery life

Goes boom

If none of those issues are exhibited early on, you should be good.
    With all due respect, this is insanely inappropriate advice to be giving people. Li-ion technology relies on chemicals that are volatile and can be extremely dangerous. There is potential for the types of fires that water will not put out and flames that are very hot. Forget about the pictures that you see, there is real potential for much more serious damage to occur.

People need to carefully listen to and recognize what Samsung and the carriers are saying and doing. This is going to cost Samsung unfathomable amounts of money, if there was any way to avoid it they would. Sprint is saying to go to a store TODAY and get a temporary device. This is unprecedented!

Ultimately it will be up to each individual to choose what action they are going to take, but no one should be downplaying the potential for danger.
    09-02-2016 09:56 AM
    People are saying different things. I don't know really what to think either. There was one article that said that phones made in China used a different battery supplier and were not being recalled. Mine was made in China so I hope that means it is safe. Other people's were made in Korea which is where the problems started. There needs to be some concrete information given.
    Samsung, the head of all of Samsung, said all phones would be replaced.
    09-02-2016 09:56 AM
    Do you think everyone who cracked their screens will get new ones as well? Maybe an out for them
    Yes I think they will.
    09-02-2016 09:57 AM
    Just left T mobile about an hour ago.... And are clueless....
    09-02-2016 10:07 AM
    I agree.

Currently kicking back to see what my carrier (T-Mobile) says about resolving the issue. (if there is one with our phones).
    09-02-2016 10:12 AM
    I agree.

Currently kicking back to see what my carrier (T-Mobile) says about resolving the issue. (if there is one with our phones).
    They just updated their statement:

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-a...te7-update.htm
    Thegreatone3 and fishmd like this.
    09-02-2016 10:15 AM
    So they won't give you loaner device. You can get a replacement which will be available in 2 weeks. I wonder if you can just wait the 2 weeks and get a replacement in store.
    09-02-2016 10:20 AM
    Interesting. Anyone going for the refund and switching to something else?
    09-02-2016 10:21 AM
    I'm patiently waiting on Verizon.... I hope they treat their customers right.
    09-02-2016 10:25 AM
    hoping there wont be any color issues with the exchanges....i want what I have now..no exceptions

unless samsung wants to bring the gold variant due to the inconvenience

IJS
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    09-02-2016 10:25 AM

And of course AT&T plans on doing only exchanging will not give customers the choice of refund or replacement.

Smh.. I'm sure they rather avoid refunds given they are charging their customers 30 bucks more for the Note7. I do like how T-Mobile is approaching the situation.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    09-02-2016 10:29 AM
    what do you people expect after just a few hours have passed since the recall announcement????

NO ONE has a clue as to what the next step will be, so learn some patience, and pretty soon you will receive your instructions on how to proceed
    the world is not one big Twitter post, and plans to resolve this nightmare take some time to work out, so find something else to amuse yourself with for the next 24 hours, besides your precious cell phone...
    Serkle K and scottishlassy like this.
    09-02-2016 10:30 AM
    How do we tell where our phones were made?
    09-02-2016 10:31 AM
    hoping there wont be any color issues with the exchanges....i want what I have now..no exceptions

unless samsung wants to bring the gold variant due to the inconvenience

IJS
    I just called T-Mobile. The lady told me that you will get exactly what you have because they don't want you to get something different. I asked her about being without a device while waiting for a new one and she said you won't. That they are working with Samsung to get the replacements and they most likely will be available by next week. That T-Mobile will contact you before anything is sent out to you and you can keep your current device until the new one arrives and then you return it.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-02-2016 10:31 AM
    It doesn't matter. Samsung announced it is all Note 7's.

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/busi...09400320F.html

https://news.samsung.com/global/stat...n-galaxy-note7
    wase4711 likes this.
    09-02-2016 10:32 AM

Wouldn't be surprised if other carriers do the same.
    This approach allows people to get out of their N7's now if they are concerned, and purchase a new one a couple of weeks from now, or purchase something else altogether.

For practical reasons, I'd imagine that most of us will play the odds (35 in 1,000,000), figure that we're likely to be OK for two weeks, and do an exchange at either the carrier store, or place of purchase if not the carrier store.

No biggie. Some inconvenience, but nothing more than that really.
    Samsung is doing the right thing. Good for them, and us.

Can we now get back to topics that are really truly critical like "This Lag is Unfreakinbelievable"?
    Download the app called Phone Info. That will tell you.
    totaled likes this.
    I don't get Tmobile's statement.

Does it mean you either get a full refund, and have to wait until new Note 7's are shipped, which means you will be phoneless.

OR

Continue your contract by choosing another phone?

This is so .... up.
    Got my ATT version through Best Buy. They just told me that their directive has been to tell customer to contact Samsung directly. This will have to change as they get more details ..etc. But so stupid of BB to make a statement/directive like that. Would be so easy to say "we are determining next steps with Samsung and will have more details asap.". But instead they gave me the Heisman
    I understand Best Buy is in middle man position.. Since Samsung is the manufacturer and AT&T is the carrier.

I would hope they just give customers a choice similar to what T-Mobile is doing... I like the Note7 and I plan on keeping it. But I know for some might want to go a different route.
    09-02-2016 10:34 AM
278 ... 23456 ...