09-02-2016 01:29 PM
278 ... 56789 ...
tools
    You are going to have to give it some time. Samsung just announced this at 3 am central time.
    Sorry. I can't clarify. Only Verizon can.

Well will hold onto it for now. But i am hoping just for a replacement phone.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-02-2016 11:24 AM
    I'm kind of tempted to switch to the S7 Edge. Cheaper and I haven't used the S-pen a lot. I'm sure I could buy a stylus that would work on it. Not sure what to do. I really want to keep my Note 7. But now with all this going on I'm starting to get paranoid. Other option would be to buy a cheap back up phone. Just to have around.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-02-2016 11:25 AM
    Very disappointed in AT&T.

All carriers are issuing refunds or exchanges, but noooo.. AT&T decides to do exchanges only.
    This was posted by an ATT employee on Reddit. Hopefully it's correct:

We got a message saying waive all restocking fees from our district manager and make it as hassle free as possible including returning/exchange. All accessories even if out of the return period
    09-02-2016 11:26 AM
    If I had to guess, 98% of T-Mobile employees know nothing of this yet and there will be hundreds of verbal fights going on in stores today or tomorrow.
    I'm honestly thinking about bringing in a dozen donuts or maybe some coffees to the t-mo store I go to tonight for the crew. I did that once before during the Great Sidekick Outage of 2009 and it was greatly appreciated.
    09-02-2016 11:28 AM
    This was posted by an ATT employee on Reddit. Hopefully it's correct:

We got a message saying waive all restocking fees from our district manager and make it as hassle free as possible including returning/exchange. All accessories even if out of the return period
    Well... Thats interesting.

Maybe AT&T needs to update their statement to avoid confusion, because up to this point AT&T has said is only issuing exchanges.
    Jona005 likes this.
    09-02-2016 11:30 AM
    I'm tempted to go back to the S7 Edge but I've probably bought $100 worth of cases, type C cables, etc. (not from T-Mobile). So I guess I'll be waiting for a new Note 7.
    Serkle K likes this.
    So wait.. like they get to keep the s7 edge on top of getting the note 7.

Wow!

My phone is starting to heat up really badly.
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    It is finally of the Verizon website.
    09-02-2016 11:31 AM
    Same, I just want a phone like the S7 or something to use in the time I wait for a replacement N7.
    09-02-2016 11:32 AM
    I'm tempted to go back to the S7 Edge but I've probably bought $100 worth of cases, type C cables, etc. (not from T-Mobile). So I guess I'll be waiting for a new Note 7.
    I never had an S7 Edge but I'm tempted to exchange to one. Since you had it before, would you recommend it? I don't use the S-pen a lot. I only use it when playing emulator ds games. I'm sure a stylus could be used for that. I did buy some cases but got them cheap maybe 1.99 each. The only one I bought that was a little more was the Spigen tough armor but it wouldn't work with my screen protector. The defender for the S7 edge is out and I would definitely buy that. Let me know.
    09-02-2016 11:32 AM
    I'm kind of tempted to switch to the S7 Edge. Cheaper and I haven't used the S-pen a lot. I'm sure I could buy a stylus that would work on it. Not sure what to do. I really want to keep my Note 7. But now with all this going on I'm starting to get paranoid. Other option would be to buy a cheap back up phone. Just to have around.
    I'm thinking of asking for it as my temporary replacement, just to try. I hear good things about it, and who knows, we might even get to keep it as a freebie like they are doing overseas.
    09-02-2016 11:33 AM
    Well... Thats interesting.

Maybe AT&T needs to update their statement to avoid confusion, because up to this point AT&T has said is only issuing exchanges.
    It may not be official policy yet. That's a local District Manager saying it. AT&T is expected to supply further information later today, so i guess we'll see.
    09-02-2016 11:34 AM
    Samsung better hope to get the new units to the carriers before the iPhone release!!
    09-02-2016 11:34 AM
    I'm thinking of asking for it as my temporary replacement, just to try. I hear good things about it, and who knows, we might even get to keep it as a freebie like they are doing overseas.
    T-Mobile didn't say they would give temporary replacements. That was Sprint. I think it's a permanent replacement for T-Mobile.
    09-02-2016 11:35 AM
    I wonder if I can get a different color now.
    I'm honestly thinking about bringing in a dozen donuts or maybe some coffees to the t-mo store I go to tonight for the crew. I did that once before during the Great Sidekick Outage of 2009 and it was greatly appreciated.
    They jumped on this first thing this morning.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    T-Mobile didn't say they would give temporary replacements. That was Sprint. I think it's a permanent replacement for T-Mobile.
    I know. I'm talking about Sprint. I'm with them.
    09-02-2016 11:36 AM
    I switched back to my old phone because my Note 7 gets insanely hot when charging. Elected not to outright return my Note 7 because I want to make sure I get one of the first replacements and don't have to get on a waiting list with everyone else in order to get one.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    I'm with Sprint. I'm hoping for the option to hold on to my phone for a couple weeks and then swap it for a new N7. I really love the phone.
    msndrstood likes this.
    Yes that's the unfortunate part. I've bought a Spigen case and a cable for my car charger. Luckily the case was on sale and I got the $20 Samsung Pay promotional gift card after I bought my $18 cable, so I'm not that much out of pocket. I'll still get a Note 7 updated unit. I just hope nothing else goes wrong with those updated units, especially if they're being put together in a rush. I'm dreading getting a unit with a faulty GPS like *all* of my Note 4 units.
    I would use it before. Could be a hassle to call Samsung and get a new card. Surely you can find something you can spend $20 on lol. Some groceries.
    You can call samsung pay and they will switch it to your knew phone. I had to have them do that after I factory reset my phone.
    09-02-2016 11:37 AM
    I switched back to my old phone because my Note 7 gets insanely hot when charging. Elected not to outright return my Note 7 because I want to make sure I get one of the first replacements and don't have to get on a waiting list with everyone else in order to get one.
    I think that is smart on both fronts.
    09-02-2016 11:38 AM
    I just hope nothing else goes wrong with those updated units, especially if they're being put together in a rush. I'm dreading getting a unit with a faulty GPS like *all* of my Note 4 units.
    Yes, one has to wonder about the QA/QC for millions of replacement units in such a short time.
    09-02-2016 11:38 AM
    Maybe they will work on the scratching issue for the glass at the same time.
    09-02-2016 11:39 AM
    Very cool idea.
    09-02-2016 11:39 AM
278 ... 56789 ...