Carrier Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
FREE S7 Edge

Anyone else see that Samsung is going to give free S7 Edges to customers in Korea while they wait for new Note7s. Wonder if US carriers will do the same. Now that would keep those who wandered from iPhone on their platform..... Right before big iPhone 7 launch.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
After talking with Verizon. All of the battery issues are overseas like I thought! Verizon said to call Samsung like all other service providers. Samsung is taking orders for new batch that of phone that are coming in 2 weeks time. If your phone is not overheating then you are fine. 0.1 owners are affected. Samsung is just taking precautions!

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
After talking with Verizon. All of the battery issues are overseas like I thought! Verizon said to call Samsung like all other service providers. Samsung is taking orders for new batch that of phone that are coming in 2 weeks time. If your phone is not overheating then you are fine. 0.1 owners are affected. Samsung is just taking precautions!
So they're taking orders for new phones in two weeks? Does that mean that you can order one and then send yours back when you get it? My phone has not overheated. The only time it got sort of warm was when I used an adapter to charge it with a regular USB cable. Obviously a bad idea.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Here's Sprint's auto-reply via chat...I find it facinating they haven't stopped sales through their website:

Im not surprised Sprints unaware of the situation. This is the company who says theyre within 1% coverage of Verizon and cant accept they are last in the industry.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: FREE S7 Edge

They should. If you find an article about this link it. I will send it to T-Mobile and complain enough to see if they'll do it.

GBP87

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
No, they are not all overseas.

I suggest you wait for an official carrier statement rather than some rep on the phone. Verizon will be suspending the sales of this device, just as T Mobile has done.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Samsung has said otherwise.

So for Verizon to be taking that stance is very dangerous.

Samsung has said this is a "worldwide" recall.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Recall just a cover up for bad GG5?

Was quietly thinking the same thing. Battery manufacturer is unknown so no bad rap for them.
The battery supplier doesn't need to be publicly outed to get a bad rap. I'm sure they are footing the bill for the batteries at the very least or they just lost their Samsung contract which could put them out of business.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
No, they are not all overseas.

I suggest you wait for an official carrier statement rather than some rep on the phone. Verizon will be suspending the sales of this device, just as T Mobile has done.

Correct.

ALL carriers are suspending sales.

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Recall just a cover up for bad GG5?

The battery supplier doesn't need to be publicly outed to get a bad rap. I'm sure they are footing the bill for the batteries at the very least or they just lost their Samsung contract which could put them out of business.

This is going to be one crazy corporate mess. The actual cell manufacturer is a Samsung subsidiary, but they pointed fingers at the battery package manufacturers (that take the cell and encase/add electronics). Unfortunately, it will be the little guy (packager) who ultimately loses...

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Samsung still does not know everything and made a broad statement. Seems somebody at Verizon is talking out their butts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1