Carrier Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvEr34

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
The battery supplier doesn't need to be publicly outed to get a bad rap. I'm sure they are footing the bill for the batteries at the very least or they just lost their Samsung contract which could put them out of business.

I'm talking from a public standpoint. If you read the op's post I'm sure you realized this thread is about the batteries NOT being the reason for the recall in the first place. Obviously if the batteries are not the real problem why would they lose their samsung contract. If they recall for glass then corning gets a bad rap since we all know who manufactured the glass. Then Corning would blame it on Samsung for having modified the integrity of the glass by curving it...and so on. This would be a public perception nightmare. Anyways, I'm just having fun with this conspiracy theory. It's highly improbable that this is what is going as the battery manufacturer would have a hell of a case against samsung...unless of course they are a subsidiary of samsung :)

Last edited:

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Recall just a cover up for bad GG5?

perhaps there will be a fire-retardant case issued to all owners in the meantime.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yup I think that is going to be the trend. Get a S7 for free while u wait. Samsung cannot expose themselves to the risk of someone getting hurt while they wait for new note 7 in 2 weeks.
I hope T-Mobile does the same. Give us a similar device while we wait for a replacement.

GBP87

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
All Carriers including Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon are all saying the same thing Call Samsung!!!

Stop. Just stop posting for 5 minutes and relax.

Three of the four carrcars have made material, public communications yet you are sitting there calling and speaking to phone reps who know less than we do about this recall.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I hope T-Mobile does the same. Give us a similar device while we wait for a replacement.

Are you sure they are loaners? Seems expensive burden on carriers, since they do not maintain in-box premium loaners. Be careful, since might be a permanent exchange.

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
All Carriers including Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon are all saying the same thing Call Samsung!!!

Sprint already released a statement. It says you can check with Samsung for updates but they will be exchanging for temporary phones while everything is sorted out. 1787.jpg

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure they are loaners? Seems expensive. Be careful, since might be a permanent exchange.
I don't know how that exchange would work with my EIP if it were permanent. I would have to get something in writing that would say this is a loaner until I get my replacement.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
And of course Verizon is completely silent about the issue.

They should say: "Please refer to Samsung's statement. Since Samsung still is not sure and will take a up to few weeks to understand the actual impact, we will update when Samsung does."

What else could they objectively say at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.