Carrier Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
Normally a bad cell is obvious within the first few charges showing at least one of these attributes:

Gets hot

Poor battery life

Goes boom

If none of those issues are exhibited early on, you should be good.

With all due respect, this is insanely inappropriate advice to be giving people. Li-ion technology relies on chemicals that are volatile and can be extremely dangerous. There is potential for the types of fires that water will not put out and flames that are very hot. Forget about the pictures that you see, there is real potential for much more serious damage to occur.

People need to carefully listen to and recognize what Samsung and the carriers are saying and doing. This is going to cost Samsung unfathomable amounts of money, if there was any way to avoid it they would. Sprint is saying to go to a store TODAY and get a temporary device. This is unprecedented!

Ultimately it will be up to each individual to choose what action they are going to take, but no one should be downplaying the potential for danger.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
People are saying different things. I don't know really what to think either. There was one article that said that phones made in China used a different battery supplier and were not being recalled. Mine was made in China so I hope that means it is safe. Other people's were made in Korea which is where the problems started. There needs to be some concrete information given.
Samsung, the head of all of Samsung, said all phones would be replaced.

True_RL

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
People are saying different things. I don't know really what to think either. There was one article that said that phones made in China used a different battery supplier and were not being recalled. Mine was made in China so I hope that means it is safe. Other people's were made in Korea which is where the problems started. There needs to be some concrete information given.

I agree.

Currently kicking back to see what my carrier (T-Mobile) says about resolving the issue. (if there is one with our phones).

trusigma

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
hoping there wont be any color issues with the exchanges....i want what I have now..no exceptions

unless samsung wants to bring the gold variant due to the inconvenience

IJS

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
what do you people expect after just a few hours have passed since the recall announcement????

NO ONE has a clue as to what the next step will be, so learn some patience, and pretty soon you will receive your instructions on how to proceed
the world is not one big Twitter post, and plans to resolve this nightmare take some time to work out, so find something else to amuse yourself with for the next 24 hours, besides your precious cell phone...

totaled

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

How do we tell where our phones were made?

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
hoping there wont be any color issues with the exchanges....i want what I have now..no exceptions

unless samsung wants to bring the gold variant due to the inconvenience

IJS
I just called T-Mobile. The lady told me that you will get exactly what you have because they don't want you to get something different. I asked her about being without a device while waiting for a new one and she said you won't. That they are working with Samsung to get the replacements and they most likely will be available by next week. That T-Mobile will contact you before anything is sent out to you and you can keep your current device until the new one arrives and then you return it.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

Wouldn't be surprised if other carriers do the same.
This approach allows people to get out of their N7's now if they are concerned, and purchase a new one a couple of weeks from now, or purchase something else altogether.

For practical reasons, I'd imagine that most of us will play the odds (35 in 1,000,000), figure that we're likely to be OK for two weeks, and do an exchange at either the carrier store, or place of purchase if not the carrier store.

No biggie. Some inconvenience, but nothing more than that really.
Samsung is doing the right thing. Good for them, and us.

Can we now get back to topics that are really truly critical like "This Lag is Unfreakinbelievable"? :D

Infamousx14

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I don't get Tmobile's statement.

Does it mean you either get a full refund, and have to wait until new Note 7's are shipped, which means you will be phoneless.

OR

Continue your contract by choosing another phone?

This is so .... up.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Got my ATT version through Best Buy. They just told me that their directive has been to tell customer to contact Samsung directly. This will have to change as they get more details ..etc. But so stupid of BB to make a statement/directive like that. Would be so easy to say "we are determining next steps with Samsung and will have more details asap.". But instead they gave me the Heisman

I understand Best Buy is in middle man position.. Since Samsung is the manufacturer and AT&T is the carrier.

I would hope they just give customers a choice similar to what T-Mobile is doing... I like the Note7 and I plan on keeping it. But I know for some might want to go a different route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia