Carrier Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't get Tmobile's statement.

Does it mean you either get a full refund, and have to wait until new Note 7's are shipped, which means you will be phoneless.

OR

Continue your contract by choosing another phone?

This is so .... up.
I called. From what I was told, if you choose to get a replacement, you won't be without a phone. They will send it out and you return the other one. They will contact you once they work everything out with Samsung regarding the replacements.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. Anyone going for the refund and switching to something else?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the refund and go back to my iPhone 6s+ for now. I had until the 23rd to send it back per my JUMP upgrade. I had it in the box ready to return and everything, so it's a good thing I dragged my feet! I'm still concerned though, will those who already had their devices get first priority when the new ones come out? Will I be able to pick one up in store instead of having one sent to me? I'm going to the tmo store tonight to ask these questions. Part of me just wants to keep it since mine is pretty flawless in performance and I'm concerned the new devices will be a bit rushed, but part of me knows the responsible thing to do would be to turn it in.

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
Download the app called Phone Info. That will tell you.

Guys, keep in mind that the country the device was manufactured, very well may not be the place where the actual battery was. Additionally, as already stated; Samsung seems to be clearly communicating that ALL Note7s are being recalled.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I understand Best Buy is in middle man position.. Since Samsung is the manufacturer and AT&T is the carrier.

I would hope they just give customers a choice similar to what T-Mobile is doing... I like the Note7 and I plan on keeping it. But I know for some might want to go a different route.

Yeah that will be interesting. Especially if you got your device on an installment plan because you're still paying your carrier for the device and not best buy. I would imagine they refer these customer to their carriers. Probably.

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I am glad t mobile said they will give refunds for all accessories bought. I wanted to get my money back for the Zagg i bought anyways.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I am glad t mobile said they will give refunds for all accessories bought. I wanted to get my money back for the Zagg i bought anyways.
I didn't buy any accessories from T-Mobile. Bought all of them from Amazon. So I'm SOL on that. Anyways, I plan on keeping it and getting the replacement they give so I won't return them.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the refund and go back to my iPhone 6s+ for now. I had until the 23rd to send it back per my JUMP upgrade. I had it in the box ready to return and everything, so it's a good thing I dragged my feet! I'm still concerned though, will those who already had their devices get first priority when the new ones come out? Will I be able to pick one up in store instead of having one sent to me? I'm going to the tmo store tonight to ask these questions. Part of me just wants to keep it since mine is pretty flawless in performance and I'm concerned the new devices will be a bit rushed, but part of me knows the responsible thing to do would be to turn it in.

On a side note....I remember you from Crackberry. :)

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: FREE S7 Edge

They should def gives us something for this inconvience. Especially if we are going to be waiting a matter of weeks not days with a temporary device. Even if its something like a samsung smartthings hub or something. Samsung needs to make sure to keep their customers happy with the looming iphone 7 release.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that will be interesting. Especially if you got your device on an installment plan because you're still paying your carrier for the device and not best buy. I would imagine they refer these customer to their carriers. Probably.

I don't think it's much of a hassle for Best Buy to simple refund the device and waive the restocking fee.

I'm sure the AT&T system will be bombarded with the amount of AT&T Next contracts being reversed. But Best Buy doesn't necessarily have to rely on the carriers. Samsung is the one that needs to make the decision, it's just the carriers are all about protecting their money.

And AT&T will definitely try their best to do exchanging rather than refunds.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Another question for y'all - I haven't used my $20 Samsung Pay promotional gift card yet. If I don't use it before I exchange my device, will it still be there when I get another Note? Should I buy something before I take the phone back to T-Mo?

left4dead

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm patiently waiting on Verizon.... I hope they treat their customers right.

"Verizon" and treating customers "right" don't go together. I called them earlier and was told to contact Samsung directly about this issue. They are currently not offering any refunds or exchanges if you purchased the Note 7.

Typical Verizon snooty attitude. If At&T, Sprint and T-Mobile didn't suck donkey nutters, I'd leave Verizon in a heartbeat.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Another question for y'all - I haven't used my $20 Samsung Pay promotional gift card yet. If I don't use it before I exchange my device, will it still be there when I get another Note? Should I buy something before I take the phone back to T-Mo?
That's going to be a Sammy question and they are up to their eyeballs right now. I suspect you would have to contact them and provide proof. I'm just going to use mine before swapping (Sprint free temporary exchange while waiting for new one).

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't get Tmobile's statement.

Does it mean you either get a full refund, and have to wait until new Note 7's are shipped, which means you will be phoneless.

OR

Continue your contract by choosing another phone?

This is so .... up.
Hang on, I'm trying to get that answer right this minute.

HaVoK_C89

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Saw this on cnet

Verizon Wireless

Verizon customers can return the Note 7, with Verizon waiving the restocking fee through September 30. The complete statement is below:

This morning, Samsung announced a voluntary recall of the Galaxy Note7 in response to an issue with the device's battery. Because customer safety is our top priority, Verizon has stopped selling the Galaxy Note7. Additionally, through September 30, 2016, Verizon is waiving the restocking fee for any customers who purchased a Galaxy Note7 and wish to return or exchange it.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cnet...amid-global-recall/?client=ms-android-verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer