Carrier Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Another question for y'all - I haven't used my $20 Samsung Pay promotional gift card yet. If I don't use it before I exchange my device, will it still be there when I get another Note? Should I buy something before I take the phone back to T-Mo?

I would use it before. Could be a hassle to call Samsung and get a new card. Surely you can find something you can spend $20 on lol. Some groceries.

Infamousx14

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Saw this on cnet

Verizon Wireless

Verizon customers can return the Note 7, with Verizon waiving the restocking fee through September 30. The complete statement is below:

This morning, Samsung announced a voluntary recall of the Galaxy Note7 in response to an issue with the device's battery. Because customer safety is our top priority, Verizon has stopped selling the Galaxy Note7. Additionally, through September 30, 2016, Verizon is waiving the restocking fee for any customers who purchased a Galaxy Note7 and wish to return or exchange it.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cnet...amid-global-recall/?client=ms-android-verizon

So, can we wait until new ones are shipped out? I'm so confused. Or we must return the Note 7 and either replace the contract with another phone or get a full refund and be phone-less?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I called. From what I was told, if you choose to get a replacement, you won't be without a phone. They will send it out and you return the other one. They will contact you once they work everything out with Samsung regarding the replacements.

I have Tmobile. So I can keep my current Note 7 and when they get the new ones in I get a new one then simply send in my old Note 7?

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I would use it before. Could be a hassle to call Samsung and get a new card. Surely you can find something you can spend $20 on lol. Some groceries.

Groceries was exactly my thought as well. Hopefully I can get off work early, head to the store, head home and grab my iphone, and head to tmo.

jc2859

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Deeep breath people. Verizon is the best and largest carrier so what comes with that is a lot of coordination to figure out how this is all going to be worked out. We clearly know Samsung is taking ownership of the issue and replacing the phones.

It sucks but even with this hassle it is still the best phone I've ever had, coming from a Note 4. I feel bad for anyone that might change their mind on buying this phone because of this but know that I would do it all over again.

I certainly wish the phone had a removable battery but they do gain some space and efficiency by not doing so. This is a bad situation for Samsung but this is a still a great product and there is no other phone out there that I could consider in it's place (besides my Note 4).

It'll all be worked out in time.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have Tmobile. So I can keep my current Note 7 and when they get the new ones in I get a new one then simply send in my old Note 7?
This..

"Starting immediately, customers who are concerned about using the Note 7 can return the device to T-Mobile for a full, complete refund. They’ll get a full refund of anything paid for the device and any Note7 accessories. We’ll waive any restocking charges and shipping fees, and customers can keep the free Netflix subscription they received with purchase during pre-order.

Customers can visit their local T-Mobile store where they bought the device or call 611 or 1-800-937-8997 to do this, and they can then use their refund to choose a similar device or any device in T-Moble’s stores, including a new Note7 replacement which we expect to be available in the next two weeks."

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/samsung-note7-update.htm

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
So what is the deal?

I go to Verizon.
Keep my current note 7.
Get a new phone until my new note 7 comes.

?

Please help me out. Don't want to be without a phone.

jc2859

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
So what is the deal?

I go to Verizon.
Keep my current note 7.
Get a new phone until my new note 7 comes.

?

Please help me out. Don't want to be without a phone.

If you're on Verizon just give it some time and more details will be made available. Nobody at the call center or corporate store will know anything any sooner than we'll hear through multiple online sources. Go to a backup phone if you have one and you're worried, but otherwise wait for the details. Give them time to work things out.

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
If you're on Verizon just give it some time and more details will be made available. Nobody at the call center or corporate store will know anything any sooner than we'll hear through multiple online sources. Go to a backup phone if you have one and you're worried, but otherwise wait for the details. Give them time to work things out.

Verizon customers can return the Note 7, with Verizon waiving the restocking fee through September 30. The complete statement is below:
This morning, Samsung announced a voluntary recall of the Galaxy Note 7 in response to an issue with the device's battery. Because customer safety is our top priority, Verizon has stopped selling the Galaxy Note 7. Additionally, through September 30, 2016, Verizon is waiving the restocking fee for any customers who purchased a Galaxy Note 7 and wish to return or exchange it.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Very disappointed in AT&T.

All carriers are issuing refunds or exchanges, but noooo.. AT&T decides to do exchanges only.

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I will return mine (verizon, bought at best buy) when they can swap it in store. Until then, it's working perfect and I'm not going to bother. The only reason I'll return it in the first place is because it'll affect the resale to have a "pre-recall" device.

That said... I may not leave it charging in the car unattended... If it catches on fire by my bedside I can wake up and put it out. (I don't expect it'll be a problem).

SAME here, I'm going on the assumption AT&T will be the same way- I wasn't going to at first, but I thought about the resale value, AND I had dropped it the second day I had it, so there are some dings that can be replaced with a shiny brand new phone :-D

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
This..

"Starting immediately, customers who are concerned about using the Note 7 can return the device to T-Mobile for a full, complete refund. They’ll get a full refund of anything paid for the device and any Note7 accessories. We’ll waive any restocking charges and shipping fees, and customers can keep the free Netflix subscription they received with purchase during pre-order.

Customers can visit their local T-Mobile store where they bought the device or call 611 or 1-800-937-8997 to do this, and they can then use their refund to choose a similar device or any device in T-Moble’s stores, including a new Note7 replacement which we expect to be available in the next two weeks."

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/samsung-note7-update.htm

If I had to guess, 98% of T-Mobile employees know nothing of this yet and there will be hundreds of verbal fights going on in stores today or tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki