Carrier Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piinkRainbowz

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
These updates have all been released this morning.

Give them , the head of theses companies, a day or two to figure out how they plan on handling this. Calling Samsung and your carrier is only going to frustrate you more. Because the person who answers know as about as much as you do, if that.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
So what is the deal?

I go to Verizon.
Keep my current note 7.
Get a new phone until my new note 7 comes.

?

Please help me out. Don't want to be without a phone.
Check the Verizon newsroom for details... Sprint is giving another device for free during the exchange period until the new N7s are ready. Two weeks?

chubz#IM

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
ill hold on to mine until Tmobile has stock. I thought I read that the units that had issues were ones outside North America. Could it be the different chipsets that are having issues with the battery?

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Verizon customers can return the Note 7, with Verizon waiving the restocking fee through September 30. The complete statement is below:
This morning, Samsung announced a voluntary recall of the Galaxy Note 7 in response to an issue with the device's battery. Because customer safety is our top priority, Verizon has stopped selling the Galaxy Note 7. Additionally, through September 30, 2016, Verizon is waiving the restocking fee for any customers who purchased a Galaxy Note 7 and wish to return or exchange it.

Check the Verizon newsroom for details... Sprint is giving another device for free during the exchange period until the new N7s are ready. Two weeks?

It's still nto enough detail. I prefer not to return my note 7. But to have a replacement instead, just in case.

I am not understanding the process through the statement.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm kind of tempted to switch to the S7 Edge. Cheaper and I haven't used the S-pen a lot. I'm sure I could buy a stylus that would work on it. Not sure what to do. I really want to keep my Note 7. But now with all this going on I'm starting to get paranoid. Other option would be to buy a cheap back up phone. Just to have around.

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Very disappointed in AT&T.

All carriers are issuing refunds or exchanges, but noooo.. AT&T decides to do exchanges only.

This was posted by an ATT employee on Reddit. Hopefully it's correct:

We got a message saying waive all restocking fees from our district manager and make it as hassle free as possible including returning/exchange. All accessories even if out of the return period

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
If I had to guess, 98% of T-Mobile employees know nothing of this yet and there will be hundreds of verbal fights going on in stores today or tomorrow.

I'm honestly thinking about bringing in a dozen donuts or maybe some coffees to the t-mo store I go to tonight for the crew. I did that once before during the Great Sidekick Outage of 2009 and it was greatly appreciated.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
This was posted by an ATT employee on Reddit. Hopefully it's correct:

We got a message saying waive all restocking fees from our district manager and make it as hassle free as possible including returning/exchange. All accessories even if out of the return period
Well... Thats interesting.

Maybe AT&T needs to update their statement to avoid confusion, because up to this point AT&T has said is only issuing exchanges.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm tempted to go back to the S7 Edge but I've probably bought $100 worth of cases, type C cables, etc. (not from T-Mobile). So I guess I'll be waiting for a new Note 7.

piinkRainbowz

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: FREE S7 Edge

So wait.. like they get to keep the s7 edge on top of getting the note 7.

Wow!

My phone is starting to heat up really badly.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm tempted to go back to the S7 Edge but I've probably bought $100 worth of cases, type C cables, etc. (not from T-Mobile). So I guess I'll be waiting for a new Note 7.
I never had an S7 Edge but I'm tempted to exchange to one. Since you had it before, would you recommend it? I don't use the S-pen a lot. I only use it when playing emulator ds games. I'm sure a stylus could be used for that. I did buy some cases but got them cheap maybe 1.99 each. The only one I bought that was a little more was the Spigen tough armor but it wouldn't work with my screen protector. The defender for the S7 edge is out and I would definitely buy that. Let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz