Carrier Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm kind of tempted to switch to the S7 Edge. Cheaper and I haven't used the S-pen a lot. I'm sure I could buy a stylus that would work on it. Not sure what to do. I really want to keep my Note 7. But now with all this going on I'm starting to get paranoid. Other option would be to buy a cheap back up phone. Just to have around.
I'm thinking of asking for it as my temporary replacement, just to try. I hear good things about it, and who knows, we might even get to keep it as a freebie like they are doing overseas. ;)

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Well... Thats interesting.

Maybe AT&T needs to update their statement to avoid confusion, because up to this point AT&T has said is only issuing exchanges.

It may not be official policy yet. That's a local District Manager saying it. AT&T is expected to supply further information later today, so i guess we'll see.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking of asking for it as my temporary replacement, just to try. I hear good things about it, and who knows, we might even get to keep it as a freebie like they are doing overseas. ;)
T-Mobile didn't say they would give temporary replacements. That was Sprint. I think it's a permanent replacement for T-Mobile.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I switched back to my old phone because my Note 7 gets insanely hot when charging. Elected not to outright return my Note 7 because I want to make sure I get one of the first replacements and don't have to get on a waiting list with everyone else in order to get one.

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm with Sprint. I'm hoping for the option to hold on to my phone for a couple weeks and then swap it for a new N7. I really love the phone.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm tempted to go back to the S7 Edge but I've probably bought $100 worth of cases, type C cables, etc. (not from T-Mobile). So I guess I'll be waiting for a new Note 7.

Yes that's the unfortunate part. I've bought a Spigen case and a cable for my car charger. Luckily the case was on sale and I got the $20 Samsung Pay promotional gift card after I bought my $18 cable, so I'm not that much out of pocket. I'll still get a Note 7 updated unit. I just hope nothing else goes wrong with those updated units, especially if they're being put together in a rush. I'm dreading getting a unit with a faulty GPS like *all* of my Note 4 units.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I would use it before. Could be a hassle to call Samsung and get a new card. Surely you can find something you can spend $20 on lol. Some groceries.

You can call samsung pay and they will switch it to your knew phone. I had to have them do that after I factory reset my phone.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I switched back to my old phone because my Note 7 gets insanely hot when charging. Elected not to outright return my Note 7 because I want to make sure I get one of the first replacements and don't have to get on a waiting list with everyone else in order to get one.
I think that is smart on both fronts.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I just hope nothing else goes wrong with those updated units, especially if they're being put together in a rush. I'm dreading getting a unit with a faulty GPS like *all* of my Note 4 units.
Yes, one has to wonder about the QA/QC for millions of replacement units in such a short time.

BustAGroove

May 20, 2014
Visit site
FYI: phone is no longer available for purchase on AT&T's or T-Mobile's website.

I read the entire thread and no official response from AT&T yet. I will wait until I can go into AT&T store and do a same day exchange.

I feel a certain kind of way for people that decide on a different device but have already invested in accessories that are past the return policy.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm trolling but I like my note 7. I use the wireless changer. I'll be keeping it until tmobile can send me a replacement and I don't have to wait phone less.

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
People are saying different things. I don't know really what to think either. There was one article that said that phones made in China used a different battery supplier and were not being recalled. Mine was made in China so I hope that means it is safe. Other people's were made in Korea which is where the problems started. There needs to be some concrete information given.

There is concrete information out. And Samsung said it. ALL PHONES SOLD should be replaced. Our carriers are trying to defect any backlash from themselves. It's still early, so i would just wait to hear from Samsung again, or your carrier If they go beyond what Samsung calls for right now and tell you to come in for temp replacement.

Last edited:

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I mean what are the chances of the phone exploding unless you do something stupid. If AT&T offers exchanges I'll do it, but I'm not gonna return my phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay