Carrier Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I mean what are the chances of the phone exploding unless you do something stupid. If AT&T offers exchanges I'll do it, but I'm not gonna return my phone
All the other phones were fine until they weren't.

No way Samsung would do all this, halt sales, stop releases, replace 1 million phones, the week before the iPhone release and the day after billions lost on the market, unless they considered it necessary. They are in the business to turn a profit and keep customers.

That makes zero business sense.

Sam_Cohen

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Except the local store near me had NO IDEA what I was talking about when I went it, they hadn't heard anything about a switch. I am happy I still have my S5 so I had it reactivated for now, I am going out of town and just can't risk it right now.
They looked at me like I was crazy in the store, I told them it was on their Facebook page and they said "i don't know who's facebook page you mean" I told them Sprints. They still had no answers.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
This may have been asked already and I apologize if so, but...do you think online orders would only be handled through mail replacements? I'm just wondering if it will even be possible to return/exchange a phone in store when that time comes.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
i still don't see anything on the verizon website... mine doesnt get hot just slightly warm when charging which is normal.. would you still exchange it if you were me?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I switched back to my old phone because my Note 7 gets insanely hot when charging. Elected not to outright return my Note 7 because I want to make sure I get one of the first replacements and don't have to get on a waiting list with everyone else in order to get one.

Yeah mine would get warm sometimes and sometimes would get hot when i used my note 5 charger with the adapter that came with note 7 cause I was lazy to switch out chargers lol. Even the adapter was quite warm. It worried me so I started using the charger that came with the note 7 and my phone hasn't got hot since. It gets a tiny bit warm every now and then but that's if I'm using the phone while it's charging. So I don't think i will send mine back unless they make it mandatory cause I really don't think anything is wrong with mine. I just don't think my battery liked being charged thru that adapter or note 5 charger lol. I use the adapter on my car charger and it gets warm so I'm going to buy a usb-c one. But hey if I had to do the recall at least I still have my note 5 to use.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I mean what are the chances of the phone exploding unless you do something stupid. If AT&T offers exchanges I'll do it, but I'm not gonna return my phone

It doesn't matter the probability. The point is that it shouldn't even be a possibility. You won't know something is wrong until something is wrong. It's not worth taking the chance. Samsung isn't going through all of this if this wasnt necessary. Suit yourself but in my opinion just not something worth taking the chance when you can get a new device for free.

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
What is Verizon thinking with not offering a loaner phone? So we get a refund, great. Then what do we do for the next 2-4 weeks while we wait for the new batch to arrive? Do they just expect everyone to have no phone for weeks or choose a different phone and not get another N7? Ludicrous.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
i still don't see anything on the verizon website... mine doesnt get hot just slightly warm when charging which is normal.. would you still exchange it if you were me?
Absofreakinlutely. Think about what "might" happen and the trade-off. A little inconvenience doing the swap vs. a possible fire and or injury in your home or care. No one knows the extent of this yet.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This may have been asked already and I apologize if so, but...do you think online orders would only be handled through mail replacements? I'm just wondering if it will even be possible to return/exchange a phone in store when that time comes.
It depends on your carrier. All carriers should be getting out updated info soon.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
What is Verizon thinking with not offering a loaner phone? So we get a refund, great. Then what do we do for the next 2-4 weeks while we wait for the new batch to arrive? Do they just expect everyone to have no phone for weeks or choose a different phone and not get another N7? Ludicrous.
Agreed. So glad Sprint is giving temporary, free replacements with zero charges.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah mine would get warm sometimes and sometimes would get hot when i used my note 5 charger with the adapter that came with note 7 cause I was lazy to switch out chargers lol. Even the adapter was quite warm. It worried me so I started using the charger that came with the note 7 and my phone hasn't got hot since. It gets a tiny bit warm every now and then but that's if I'm using the phone while it's charging. So I don't think i will send mine back unless they make it mandatory cause I really don't think anything is wrong with mine. I just don't think my battery liked being charged thru that adapter or note 5 charger lol. I use the adapter on my car charger and it gets warm so I'm going to buy a usb-c one. But hey if I had to do the recall at least I still have my note 5 to use.
It will never be mandatory. Some that exploded used the Samsung chargers.

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Question: DO we go to the carrier or where we purchased the phone? I got mine from Sam's Club but on Sprint. So should I go back to that Sam's Club or go to a Sprint Store?

Also, is it possible to just wait a couple weeks and keep the note 7, and then do a clean exchange once the new Note 7's get shipped to the stores? I'd rather do that than have a loner.

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to wait at least a few days until we have more specifics on a timeline. I think I will charge my phone on a baking pan on the stove just in case? Or just when I am awake and nearby? Maybe?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
It will never be mandatory. Some that exploded used the Samsung chargers.

Hmmmm....ok. Thanks. I'm not going to panic just yet tho😊 I'm going to wait it out for a bit. Supposedly Verizon said they stopped selling it but I still see it on website so I'm going to wait a bit. Maybe it just selected units. I'll have to read some of the articles on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc