Carrier Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam_Cohen

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
My local store had no idea what I was talking about when I went there today, they looked at me like I was crazy for even suggesting such a thing

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
If you buy an AT&T Note 7 from Target who is responsible for replacement? Target or AT&T? I can bring it to Samsung but I am out of town for the entire month of Sept.

My phone got VERY VERY hot when fast charging with a 3rd party cig lighter USB fast charger (Anker) I got from Amazon (we are on a 1200 mile drive now stuck in GA due to storm) so I switched to a slow charger which isn't so bad ...... then I read about the recall. I don't have my Target receipt with me,

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm....ok. Thanks. I'm not going to panic just yet tho😊 I'm going to wait it out for a bit. Supposedly Verizon said they stopped selling it but I still see it on website so I'm going to wait a bit. Maybe it just selected units. I'll have to read some of the articles on it
Samsung issued a recall, worldwide on every single Note 7.

Samsumg.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
My local corporate Verizon store pulled Note 7 from display. Informed not to sell. I was told I had until Sept 30th to return , they extended return policy waiving restocking fee.

I'm just going to return it. I already wasn't the biggest Samsung fan but gave this phone a shot. It started to grow on me but left a bad taste in my mouth now with this and has made it hard to trust going forward.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My local store had no idea what I was talking about when I went there today, they looked at me like I was crazy for even suggesting such a thing
I'm not surprised. This was just announced in South Korea 9 hours ago, at 3 am central time here. It was 5 pm in South Korea.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My local corporate Verizon store pulled Note 7 from display. Informed not to sell. I was told I had until Sept 30th to return , they extended return policy waiving restocking fee.

I'm just going to return it. I already wasn't the biggest Samsung fan but gave this phone a shot. It started to grow on me but left a bad taste in my mouth now with this and has made it hard to trust going forward.
I would think what Samsung is doing would make you trust them more.

I am extremely upset with Samsung over other things, I am very impressed with how they are handling this.

Recalls of things that have killed people haven't been handled this quickly and in this manner.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't matter the probability. The point is that it shouldn't even be a possibility. You won't know something is wrong until something is wrong. It's not worth taking the chance. Samsung isn't going through all of this if this wasnt necessary. Suit yourself but in my opinion just not something worth taking the chance when you can get a new device for free.

Well yeah of course, but technically all phones can explode though, but I agree with you.
But I am gonna wait until Samsung replaces mine. I will not return my phone now

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
If you buy an AT&T Note 7 from Target who is responsible for replacement? Target or AT&T? I can bring it to Samsung but I am out of town for the entire month of Sept.

My phone got VERY VERY hot when fast charging with a 3rd party cig lighter USB fast charger (Anker) I got from Amazon (we are on a 1200 mile drive now stuck in GA due to storm) so I switched to a slow charger which isn't so bad ...... then I read about the recall. I don't have my Target receipt with me,

With 3rd party purchases I'm inclined to believe the carrier is responsible. Way back when, I bought a sprint phone from radio shack but had a warranty replacement directly from sprint.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I would think what Samsung is doing would make you trust them more.

I am extremely upset with Samsung over other things, I am very impressed with how they are handling this.

Recalls of things that have killed people haven't been handled this quickly and in this manner.

In the past when Iphones had similar battery issues and reception issues they told users to go F themselves basically.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I made another thread but here is my post I made in it regarding talking to a tmobile rep on Tmobile help.

I'm currently talking to Tmobile help rep on twitter. I asked about many of us who ordered our phones in store or via over the phone and they're saying the stock would have to come from the warehouse then, but we can keep our current notes until the stock comes in and then have a phone shipped to the store if we like and go in and exchange it there.

I'm currently trying to find out if there is some waiting list to get on.

The store I bought it at is a PITA though and doesn't like handling returns, they're a independent store franchised from Tmobile. I will likely try one of the other stores 30-40 miles away.

I hope this is the case for many of us who ordered and don't have to ship our phones back first and that they will indeed ship the phone to the store so I can simply swap out. If not there is going to be tons of livid people.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
It is a good thing. You get a brand new phone that will go through better quality control than any phone they have.

When it is a recall, the government and standards of every country get involved.

I know but still lol. Surely they will give me the same color I have right? Never done a recall I'm on a phone before but i sure have with a few of my cars. I wonder if we can keep the note 7 we have til the replacement come in.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
If I had to guess, 98% of T-Mobile employees know nothing of this yet and there will be hundreds of verbal fights going on in stores today or tomorrow.

I went by t-mobile on my way into work. They knew about the recall in general but said they didn't know any specifics.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I know but still lol. Surely they will give me the same color I have right? Never done a recall I'm on a phone before but i sure have with a few of my cars. I wonder if we can keep the note 7 we have til the replacement come in.
Oh I expect them to give you the color you have now if you want it and some gifts for the inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.