Carrier Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So AT&T is saying that the defect in fact does not apply to all note7s, but only to certain ones.
Samsung has notified us that they have identified a battery cell issue in certain Galaxy Note7s. They have asked all retailers, including AT&T, to stop selling the device. We are in the process of determining the exchange process for our customers and how they can replace their current Note7 as quickly as possible. We will have more information later today.

http://about.att.com/story/att_statement_on_samsung_galaxy_note7.html

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Samsung's own global offices are saying different things, so to claim that Samsung has said something one way or the other is a bit silly since they can't even communicate the same message across the board.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah but carriers have to bear some of this as well because they have to take care of the customers and distant return and exchange policies. And carriers can choose how they want to handle it. Samsung can't tell the carriers what to do so it doesn't make sense for them to communicate a plan they don't control. They have to go to the carriers because that's where they sell the most devices and have them handle the customers. Now of course people that ordered directly from Samsung have to deal with them directly but I don't expect a uniform policy to come from Samsung. They're just going to work with the carriers to get devices off the shelves and new ones in.

And that's what I don't like... the fact carriers can "choose" how to handle it.

I don't think some carriers have customers best interest in mind, I'm glad Samsung acknowledged the issue and looking ways to resolve it. I believe Samsung should be able to tell carriers how to handle it since they are the manufacturer of the device and is taking the blame along with the cost.

I do get that Samsung can't tell the carriers what to do, I just prefer it being communicated directly through Samsung. There's plenty of users who bought it from Best Buy, Target, or eBay & not thru their carrier. So, with all these voices going around... it would be better if it came from Samsung alone.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
And that's what I don't like... the fact carriers can "choose" how to handle it.

I don't think some carriers have customers best interest in mind, I'm glad Samsung acknowledged the issue and looking ways to resolve it. I believe Samsung should be able to tell carriers how to handle it since they are the manufacturer of the device and is taking the blame along with the cost.

I do get that Samsung can't tell the carriers what to do, I just prefer it being communicated directly through Samsung. There's plenty of users who bought it from Best Buy, Target, or eBay & not thru their carrier. So, with all these voices going around... it would be better if it came from Samsung alone.

Newton's Law #4 - Anything that cell carriers can mess up, will be messed up.

GBP87

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping Verizon releases more information.

The "return or exchange it by 09/30" doesn't help much. Exchange it for what? When will the new Note7s be ready? What if Verizon doesn't have then until mid-October?

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping Verizon releases more information.

The "return or exchange it by 09/30" doesn't help much. Exchange it for what? When will the new Note7s be ready? What if Verizon doesn't have then until mid-October?

Heck, AT&T is worst.

In AT&T information there's nothing about return or exchange only that they are looking into the matter & seeing how to go about "exchanging".. no word in there statement regarding returns or refunds.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You may have to help me with your interpretation this time then, so you're saying that when AT&T says there's a defect in certain note7s, it doesn't mean that only certain note7s have the defect?
AT&T is saying that Samsung is recalling all Notes. That Samsung has determined it is best to replace all of them. At this point, they don't know how many are affected but Samsung believes that all need to be replaced.

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
So what exactly is T-Mobile going to do?

I just went into a Tmobile store in Downtown Minneapolis. They were barely aware that a recall was happening. I was told that the rep would take down my name and number and get back to me when they knew the replacements were going to be coming in. He said that I was outside of the return policy period (received my phone the day before the official launch) however he also said that this falls under buyers remorse and that I could return it if I wanted but I would then be out of a phone for a few weeks. Just bad overall customer service.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: FREE S7 Edge

Wait, so they get a FREE s7 edge AND also a replacement Note 7!!!!

Talk about a deal!!! I'd turn around and sell the S7 edge. IF this is true those people are actually coming out way ahead here!

I just charged my Note 7 on the wall charger. No issues at all. Phone and charger cool as always.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

Wait, so they get a FREE s7 edge AND also a replacement Note 7!!!!

Talk about a deal!!! I'd turn around and sell the S7 edge. IF this is true those people are actually coming out way ahead here!

I just charged my Note 7 on the wall charger. No issues at all. Phone and charger cool as always.
You get a free s7 as a loner phone until the note 7 comes back in stock

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

Ah. Darn. I was excited there for a minute. I don't know if I'd want the loaner. Knowing my luck I'd crack the screen or something would happen and I'd have to pay for it.
Well they won't have new note 7s for atleast 2 weeks so it's either we get loaners or take the risk and hold on to ours...Don't have much of a choice....

xxaarraa

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: Recall just a cover up for bad GG5?

IF we are playing the silly conspiracy game, I think it was apple that sabotaged the batteries. Because the Note 7 was eating their lunch, with the iphone 7 widely expected to be super lame and super 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca