Carrier Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearlyFloats

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Wasn't sure if this should be included in the recall general, but when I saw there where 713 replies I figured I'd start this thread so we could collect recall information here as it is released.
298cb145074ca7002b76200066fdf347.jpg

If this thread is redudant feel free to delete.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I will return mine (verizon, bought at best buy) when they can swap it in store. Until then, it's working perfect and I'm not going to bother. The only reason I'll return it in the first place is because it'll affect the resale to have a "pre-recall" device.

That said... I may not leave it charging in the car unattended... If it catches on fire by my bedside I can wake up and put it out. (I don't expect it'll be a problem).

Last edited:

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I will return mine (verizon, bought at best buy) when they can swap it in store. Until then, it's working perfect and I'm not going to bother. The only reason I'll return it in the first place is because it'll affect the resale to have a "pre-recall" device.

That said... I may not leave it carrying in the car unattended... If it catches on fire by my bedside I can wake up and put it out. (I don't expect it'll be a problem).
Same here. I won't be replacing mine until I can walk into a T-Mobile store and swap it with no down time. Or they mail me one and I can send this one back.

I won't charge at night anymore out of over overabundance of caution.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I won't be replacing mine until I can walk into a T-Mobile store and swap it with no down time. Or they mail me one and I can send this one back.

I won't charge at night anymore out of over overabundance of caution.
Same. I won't be inconvenienced. I don't have a back up phone lying around so until I can exchange it in store or have one sent to me while I still have this one to use then I will return it.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: Recall just a cover up for bad GG5?

1 million phones affected... 900 dollars a phone.... almost a billion in sales lost.... All I know is someone is losing their job today lol

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Normally a bad cell is obvious within the first few charges showing at least one of these attributes:

Gets hot

Poor battery life

Goes boom

If none of those issues are exhibited early on, you should be good.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Hopefully the person who decided to launch early vs the person responsible for testing...

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

hmm... I never thought of that ;)

As I posted in another thread... since you are all getting new phones... let's put the glass to the test or put the rumors to rest. Everyone drop your phones!

Case or no case. Carpet to concrete. 12 inches to... 5 feet lets say. Tap it on the sides and corners! Do it all!

I'm just sayin...nothing like a good conspiracy theory to get the day going. :cool:

PeakyBlinder

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site

hmm... I never thought of that ;)

As I posted in another thread... since you are all getting new phones... let's put the glass to the test or put the rumors to rest. Everyone drop your phones!

Case or no case. Carpet to concrete. 12 inches to... 5 feet lets say. Tap it on the sides and corners! Do it all!

You need to seriously get out more.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Normally a bad cell is obvious within the first few charges showing at least one of these attributes:

Gets hot

Poor battery life

Goes boom

If none of those issues are exhibited early on, you should be good.
I have not experienced any of those issues. Only when using an adapter to use a micro USB cable. Even then it only got a little warm not hot enough to say it's going to blow up. After that I've used a wireless charger to charge overnight and also a USB c charger when I need to at work or at home. The phone has never got hot.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Here's Sprint's auto-reply via chat...I find it facinating they haven't stopped sales through their website:

From what I read the phones that "exploded" during charging were their over seas models that were shipped within South Korea and because of this they put a halt on the latest batch of phones from shipping out to perform more quality checks. Samsung makes a slightly different model for it's US variants versus the ones that are shipped to other countries. At the moment there is not any known issue listed but I'm sure out device team is looking into the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2