Peel the original screen cover and rock naked. No sense in covering this bad boy up considering the news. I guess they could have me send this one back and replace the battery and resend, but I would think samsung would just replace the unit. Oh well. Time to Rock Out With My... well my Note 7 out, what were you thinking?
    09-02-2016 07:56 AM
    Peel the original screen cover and rock naked. No sense in covering this bad boy up considering the news. I guess they could have me send this one back and replace the battery and resend, but I would think samsung would just replace the unit. Oh well. Time to Rock Out With My... well my Note 7 out, what were you thinking?
    It would be a logistical and liability nightmare to send these for repair and return to individuals for 2.4 million-ish devices. It makes more cost sense to replace the devices and then refurbish the returned devices in mass at designated rework facilities with a strict QC process. The catch is future buyers could end up with a refurbished device instead of brand new one down the road, so that will be interesting how it is managed.
    09-02-2016 08:03 AM
    They are not going to recall all devices. Only what they determine as the defective lot from production. That is how i understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    All devices
    verks and Jona005 like this.
    09-02-2016 08:05 AM
    Sorry, my dumb self did not read all the info b4 I opened my mouth.
    09-02-2016 08:07 AM
    They are going to replace devices:

"For customers who already have Galaxy Note7 devices, we will voluntarily replace their current device with a new one over the coming weeks."
    09-02-2016 08:10 AM
    btw, I agree they will replace them. I was covering myself in case someone took it out of a case, cracked the screen and got it back from repair with a cracked screen and came out yelling at me for suggesting. BTW I see that as likely as replacing my LGG4 (which had a known faulty motherboard that LG was replacing regardless of warranty) with a brand new top of the line cell phone with the Samsung Note7 only to have that one recalled ( a first of some sorts) because it may burn my house down.

BTW I also owned the nvidia shield tablet, which was recalled for the same reason. From now on I will post a consumer warning on this forum for any electronic decisions I make so everyone else can go the other way.
    TwitchyPuppy and msm0511 like this.
    09-02-2016 08:15 AM
    I have the Shield Portable. Great hardware, terrible firmare.
    09-02-2016 08:17 AM
    Do you think this replacement is worldwide? I bought the unlocked / international version here in Dubai for $880 USD with an extra 1 year insurance (not warranty but damage insurance), do you think Samsung will replace my Note 7 too?
    09-02-2016 08:27 AM
    Yes it is a global recall...
    09-02-2016 08:29 AM
    Yes it is a global recall...
    even if my phone was manufactured in Vietnam bro?
    09-02-2016 08:34 AM
    I have the Shield Portable. Great hardware, terrible firmare.
    The shield tablet has been a fantastic tablet. still one of the top spec tablets on the market. My son dropped it within a week of owning it and cracked the screen. It was used hard every day. then when recalled we got a brand new tablet, new screen, new battery. Still a powerhouse for gaming and production.
    09-02-2016 08:49 AM
    Do you think this replacement is worldwide? I bought the unlocked / international version here in Dubai for $880 USD with an extra 1 year insurance (not warranty but damage insurance), do you think Samsung will replace my Note 7 too?
    I think I read that the ones sold in China were manufactured in a separate location so not the same battery. That may have been early news and Samsung might have decided to pull them all since.
    09-02-2016 08:51 AM
    Seems like Dubai purchased Note 7 devices won't be replaced, as usual, they will always find a way here to NOT give you a replacement!

No issues of Samsung’s Note 7 catching fire in the UAE, retailers say | GulfNews.com

Dubai: There were no issues of Samsung’s Note 7 smartphone catching fire in the UAE, retailers told Gulf News.
    Following reports in the US and South Korea of the phone exploding during or after charging, Samsung said in a statement that they will voluntarily replace their current device with a new one over the coming weeks.
    The Korean company said that as of September 1, there have been 35 cases reported globally and “we are currently conducting a thorough inspection with our suppliers to identify possible affected batteries in the market. However, because our customers’ safety is an absolute priority at Samsung, we have stopped sales of the Galaxy Note 7”.
    Samsung Gulf declined to comment on any plan to recall its flagship device.
    One of the distributors, on condition of anonymity, said that there were no issues in the UAE and he himself has been using the phone for the past month.

“We have sold more than 45,000 units in the UAE and there was not even one issue regarding the fire or the battery getting warm,” he said.
    He added that there has been no official statement from Samsung Gulf about the recall and if that is the case, then all the users can return the device and will be replaced with a new one.
    “All the Note 7 had been sold out and we are waiting for fresh stocks,” he said.
    He said stories about lithium-ion batteries used in smartphones do make the news from time to time and even Apple’s iPhones had similar cases.
    The Note 7 was only launched on August 19 in 10 countries — the US, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan, the UAE and Korea — and has since them been generally well-received by critics and consumers.
    Mahesh Chotrani, assistant vice-president of Jacky’s Electronics, also said there were no issues so far, and only some phones in the US and South Korea were affected.
    “We have no official confirmation from Samsung Gulf regarding the recall; it is just a precautionary measure. It is a good phone and I am using it. We have no stocks left,” he said.
    SK Telecom, South Korea’s largest mobile carrier, said in a report that about 400,000 units of the Galaxy Note 7 were estimated to have been sold in South Korea.
    Omar Abushaban, General Manager at Plug Ins, said that no official communication from Samsung regarding the recall in the UAE.
    “We have had no issues so far apart from the firmware issues on some devices, which are expected to be fixed in the coming days via a software update,” he said.
    09-02-2016 09:28 AM