Anybody Thinking of Switch to V20?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm returning my Note 7 this weekend. Many things I love about it but I don't know that I would trust this item for repurchase. I won't rule it out but I will wait and read what people here say next time.

Anyway V20 might be cool. I'm thinking it might be worth a try. What do you think?

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Until another phone includes a pen and this camera quality, I'm sticking with Samsung. I've been with them since the Galaxy 3 had 2 Galaxy S5, 1 note 4, 1 note 5 and now this. No change in my future.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to return it as well. Just waiting for a back up S5 that I ordered to have something to use. I'm not thrilled at the non removable battery. This is the first phone I bought with a non removable battery and this happened. I might go for the V20 after I see what they say on the September 6 release and see what the real specs will be and what the phone will actually look like. If I don't like it then I'll continue to use my back up and wait until they say you can either send the Note 7 back or swap it at a store.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi! Though I do not own a Note 7, I understand what you are saying. I, too, am really itching to see what the V20 will be like upon release! I'm thinking of (so far, depending on the Nexus/HTC releases, as well) either switching back to Nexus or sticking with LG for my next upgrade; so the V20 and Nexus line are the two that I'm looking out for!

In general, I feel like there is anticipation about the V20. The V10 went over really well and was arguably one of the more underrated phones of its time; so hopefully the V20 packs just as good a punch, if not better; and we can get our hands on it!

Let us know what you decide to do! :)

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I am keeping the Note 7. If I were going to switch, I don't think the V20 would be the direction I went. I'd lean to the Pixel XL, depending on what we learn about them.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
After being LG only since the G2, even this small inconvenience of exchanging my Note 7 in a week or two most likely won't get me back to LG. The V20 will be a great device but I don't think it will good be enough to unseat the Note 7.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
After being LG only since the G2, even this small inconvenience of exchanging my Note 7 in a week or two most likely won't get me back to LG. The V20 will be a great device but I don't think it will good be enough to unseat the Note 7.
I hope they do correct this issue. I really like everything about the Note 7 except for the non removable battery. Hopefully if they replace them there will be no more issues.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm returning my Note 7 this weekend. Many things I love about it but I don't know that I would trust this item for repurchase. I won't rule it out but I will wait and read what people here say next time.

Anyway V20 might be cool. I'm thinking it might be worth a try. What do you think?

I'm going to follow the announcement and see if I want it. For now, I'm taking back the Note 7, using a nexus 6P and watching out for iPhone 7 and V20. Supposedly Google isn't announcing new nexus devices until October and probably not available until November. So if I'm really not interested in the iPhone 7 or V20 then I may keep using the 6P until next year sometime. I also haven't closed the door on getting another note 7 in a couple weeks but I'm willing to check other devices out in the meantime.

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
This phone isn't perfect, but I'm liking it enough to stick with it. The slightly curved screen, gorgeous display, and Samsung Pay alone are enough to keep me here for now. Plus, I tried the G4 and hated it. I really can't stand any part of LG's UI, and the phone performed like crap. They are not a brand that I will be going back to.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Until another phone includes a pen and this camera quality, I'm sticking with Samsung. I've been with them since the Galaxy 3 had 2 Galaxy S5, 1 note 4, 1 note 5 and now this. No change in my future.
The camera is phenomenal. I honestly don't care about the pen. We're all going to lose our N7 for a while anyway.

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
The camera is phenomenal. I honestly don't care about the pen. We're all going to lose our N7 for a while anyway.
That makes me very sad. And by the sound of the statement, Verizon seems like they aren't going to be very helpful about it. Verizon users will probably have to wait till Samsung comes to our door for an exchange.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
That makes me very sad. And by the sound of the statement, Verizon seems like they aren't going to be very helpful about it. Verizon users will probably have to wait till Samsung comes to our door for an exchange.
Not at all. We have until 9/30 to return for full refund no restocking fee.

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, but t mobile is offering their users that plus a phone of comparable value until the new notes come in. I don't want to get a refund. I want to keep this phone. I don't want to start using a different one unless I'm guaranteed a note 7 when the replacement comes in.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but t mobile is offering their users that plus a phone of comparable value until the new notes come in. I don't want to get a refund. I want to keep this phone. I don't want to start using a different one unless I'm guaranteed a note 7 when the replacement comes in.
T-Mobile isn't offering loaner phones. It's a permanent exchange if you change it for another phone. Only Sprint is doing that.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Don't care for the new design on the v20. Looks like the lg g5 plus it doesn't have a spen and the camera on the Note 7 is fantastic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781