09-03-2016 09:19 AM
40 12
tools
    I'm returning my Note 7 this weekend. Many things I love about it but I don't know that I would trust this item for repurchase. I won't rule it out but I will wait and read what people here say next time.

Anyway V20 might be cool. I'm thinking it might be worth a try. What do you think?
    09-02-2016 03:28 PM
    Until another phone includes a pen and this camera quality, I'm sticking with Samsung. I've been with them since the Galaxy 3 had 2 Galaxy S5, 1 note 4, 1 note 5 and now this. No change in my future.
    nonie, htownmmm, rsmin and 2 others like this.
    09-02-2016 03:31 PM
    I'm going to return it as well. Just waiting for a back up S5 that I ordered to have something to use. I'm not thrilled at the non removable battery. This is the first phone I bought with a non removable battery and this happened. I might go for the V20 after I see what they say on the September 6 release and see what the real specs will be and what the phone will actually look like. If I don't like it then I'll continue to use my back up and wait until they say you can either send the Note 7 back or swap it at a store.
    09-02-2016 03:32 PM
    Hi! Though I do not own a Note 7, I understand what you are saying. I, too, am really itching to see what the V20 will be like upon release! I'm thinking of (so far, depending on the Nexus/HTC releases, as well) either switching back to Nexus or sticking with LG for my next upgrade; so the V20 and Nexus line are the two that I'm looking out for!

In general, I feel like there is anticipation about the V20. The V10 went over really well and was arguably one of the more underrated phones of its time; so hopefully the V20 packs just as good a punch, if not better; and we can get our hands on it!

Let us know what you decide to do!
    hailsusy90 likes this.
    09-02-2016 03:33 PM
    It crossed my mind. Impossible to say until the V20 annoucement and the specs are released.
    09-02-2016 03:34 PM
    I am keeping the Note 7. If I were going to switch, I don't think the V20 would be the direction I went. I'd lean to the Pixel XL, depending on what we learn about them.
    nonie likes this.
    09-02-2016 03:35 PM
    After being LG only since the G2, even this small inconvenience of exchanging my Note 7 in a week or two most likely won't get me back to LG. The V20 will be a great device but I don't think it will good be enough to unseat the Note 7.
    nonie and fgcchevy like this.
    09-02-2016 03:36 PM
    After being LG only since the G2, even this small inconvenience of exchanging my Note 7 in a week or two most likely won't get me back to LG. The V20 will be a great device but I don't think it will good be enough to unseat the Note 7.
    I hope they do correct this issue. I really like everything about the Note 7 except for the non removable battery. Hopefully if they replace them there will be no more issues.
    09-02-2016 03:38 PM
    I'm returning my Note 7 this weekend. Many things I love about it but I don't know that I would trust this item for repurchase. I won't rule it out but I will wait and read what people here say next time.

Anyway V20 might be cool. I'm thinking it might be worth a try. What do you think?
    I'm going to follow the announcement and see if I want it. For now, I'm taking back the Note 7, using a nexus 6P and watching out for iPhone 7 and V20. Supposedly Google isn't announcing new nexus devices until October and probably not available until November. So if I'm really not interested in the iPhone 7 or V20 then I may keep using the 6P until next year sometime. I also haven't closed the door on getting another note 7 in a couple weeks but I'm willing to check other devices out in the meantime.
    09-02-2016 03:38 PM
    People think touchwiz is bad...
    09-02-2016 03:55 PM
    This phone isn't perfect, but I'm liking it enough to stick with it. The slightly curved screen, gorgeous display, and Samsung Pay alone are enough to keep me here for now. Plus, I tried the G4 and hated it. I really can't stand any part of LG's UI, and the phone performed like crap. They are not a brand that I will be going back to.
    09-02-2016 03:58 PM
    Until another phone includes a pen and this camera quality, I'm sticking with Samsung. I've been with them since the Galaxy 3 had 2 Galaxy S5, 1 note 4, 1 note 5 and now this. No change in my future.
    The camera is phenomenal. I honestly don't care about the pen. We're all going to lose our N7 for a while anyway.
    09-02-2016 04:01 PM
    Wondering about thoughts about going to S7 Edge
    09-02-2016 04:02 PM
    It crossed my mind. Impossible to say until the V20 annoucement and the specs are released.
    I agree. N7 was the first phone I bought on opening day. From now on I will wait a couple. of weeks and follow user comments here.
    09-02-2016 04:04 PM
    The camera is phenomenal. I honestly don't care about the pen. We're all going to lose our N7 for a while anyway.
    That makes me very sad. And by the sound of the statement, Verizon seems like they aren't going to be very helpful about it. Verizon users will probably have to wait till Samsung comes to our door for an exchange.
    09-02-2016 04:06 PM
    That makes me very sad. And by the sound of the statement, Verizon seems like they aren't going to be very helpful about it. Verizon users will probably have to wait till Samsung comes to our door for an exchange.
    Not at all. We have until 9/30 to return for full refund no restocking fee.
    09-02-2016 04:08 PM
    Yeah, but t mobile is offering their users that plus a phone of comparable value until the new notes come in. I don't want to get a refund. I want to keep this phone. I don't want to start using a different one unless I'm guaranteed a note 7 when the replacement comes in.
    09-02-2016 04:13 PM
    I am sticking with the note.

Plus so far I think that Samsung is handling this very well.
    09-02-2016 04:13 PM
    Yeah, but t mobile is offering their users that plus a phone of comparable value until the new notes come in. I don't want to get a refund. I want to keep this phone. I don't want to start using a different one unless I'm guaranteed a note 7 when the replacement comes in.
    T-Mobile isn't offering loaner phones. It's a permanent exchange if you change it for another phone. Only Sprint is doing that.
    09-02-2016 04:20 PM
    Don't care for the new design on the v20. Looks like the lg g5 plus it doesn't have a spen and the camera on the Note 7 is fantastic.
    jordankreationz likes this.
    09-02-2016 04:29 PM
    Has anyone used an S7 Edge? Would that be comparable if you don't really use the S-pen?
    09-02-2016 04:30 PM
    Has anyone used an S7 Edge? Would that be comparable if you don't really use the S-pen?
    I had the S7 Edge. If you don't use the s-pen then yes it is a good choice. I like the curved display of the Note 7 way better but that is my personal preference.
    09-02-2016 04:38 PM
    I had the S7 Edge. If you don't use the s-pen then yes it is a good choice. I like the curved display of the Note 7 way better but that is my personal preference.
    I'm considering replacing my Note 7 with the S7 Edge.
    09-02-2016 04:41 PM
    I want to keep my phone too. Like I said unlikely anyone here will ever have a battery problem but I'm worried about resale and trade in value and since Tmobile is offering to swap for a newer Note 7 I will jump all over it. No reason not to. I still want to see what the V20 brings but after all the complaints about the G5 I'm really hesitant of rolling the dice and being stuck with a crap phone. I know what I'm getting with Samsung.
    09-02-2016 04:43 PM
    There's already an OtterBox Defender for the S7 Edge and I work in a warehouse so I've had to be super extremely mega careful with the Note 7 because none of the tempered glass protectors work and there's no cases with built in screen protectors yet. The OtterBox for the Note 7 doesn't come out for months. I do use a ds emulator which I would need a stylus for but I'm sure I can get a 3rd party stylus just for that. I don't draw or do anything else like that.
    PraetorianGuard14 likes this.
    09-02-2016 04:44 PM
40 12