Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Be warned. If you ordered through Sprint online, you can't just walk in the store and swap the phone out. I tried while I was at work. It has something to do with their "OTM" tool and getting the swap in and out the system.

Store manager gave me a printout of all my pertinent account info and the info customer service will need to send me my replacement and I send this one back.

I got my Note 7 from Sprint online, and exchanged it this morning (11:30am) for a new one. I got mine from the Corporate store in Maple Grove MN. For those interested, they also have them at the corporate store in Minnetonka. You must go to a corporate store to do the exchange. Go to Sprint.com, and use their store locator. Corporate stores are designated on the map with a star.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure about this? I had a few reps at sprint tell me ill have no issues walking into a store

Oh I'm VERY SURE. They are selling the phones don't get me wrong. But you can't walk into a Sprint store and swap the phone out if you ordered the phone through Sprint.com. I tried. I contacted customer service and they have ordered my replacement. Was weird because I had the phone in hand and was ready to do the data transfer.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure about this? I had a few reps at sprint tell me ill have no issues walking into a store

One more thing. When I called Sprint to order the phone, the rep told me that Sprint stores won't have the phone till the 21st. I then asked her "well why did I watch with my own two eyes two people buy the silver Note 7?" She couldn't answer the question.

I honestly think that Sprint is not suppose to be selling the phones till the 21st but the stores either don't know that or not adhering to it because cust service was completely clueless.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Oh I'm VERY SURE. They are selling the phones don't get me wrong. But you can't walk into a Sprint store and swap the phone out if you ordered the phone through Sprint.com. I tried. I contacted customer service and they have ordered my replacement. Was weird because I had the phone in hand and was ready to do the data transfer.
I orderrd mine through the phone and got mine exchanged at the store. They had to do some extra leg work but got it done.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Sorry but you're way wrong on this one. My store will even exchange it even with me buying it online cause it is a recall. In fact when order support was giving me a hard time telling me to go to the store she also said if they deny you call us we will report them cause it is a recall NOT a return but sorry you're way off base with this one. Where you pulled that info from i have no idea but it was a bad one.

First off, don't TELL ME what I observed or went through. I took my CURRENT NOTE 7 to a SPRINT STORE. Myself and another customer couldn't get the new phone because whatever the hell an OTM tool is on the computer wouldn't accept the swap. I did what the manager told me to do and contacted cs where I now have a confirmation email that my phone is on back order. It's no biggie because I didn't want to turn this phone in anyway. So what in the world are you talking about??

QuantamPulse

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

This must just be an issue at your store, not the company policy, as MANY of us have stated, we had no problems with exchanging in store orders that were originally online shipping orders. I was even directed that way by Customer Service. Plenty of other people in store doing the same thing.

Again, just because you had an issue, which sucks that you did, dont try to make everyone else follow the same.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
This must just be an issue at your store, not the company policy, as MANY of us have stated, we had no problems with exchanging in store orders that were originally online shipping orders. I was even directed that way by Customer Service. Plenty of other people in store doing the same thing.

Again, just because you had an issue, dont try to make everyone else follow the same.

Well I guess I'm the exception to the rule then huh?

Attachments

• 1785.jpg
    1785.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 69

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
One more thing. When I called Sprint to order the phone, the rep told me that Sprint stores won't have the phone till the 21st. I then asked her "well why did I watch with my own two eyes two people buy the silver Note 7?" She couldn't answer the question.

I honestly think that Sprint is not suppose to be selling the phones till the 21st but the stores either don't know that or not adhering to it because cust service was completely clueless.
They can't sell the note 7 until the 28th according to samsung

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I've actually just tried to exchange my phone at a corporate sprint store, but couldn't because apparently the otm tool wouldn't allow them too because I bought from another sprint store. Bs

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Again, just because you had an issue, which sucks that you did, dont try to make everyone else follow the same.

I didn't have an issue Chuck. I tried to exchange the phone while I was at work. If you took the time to read my posts instead of trying to be a smart guy, you would see that I DON'T want to return the phone. I dropped it while at work and a small crack is on the screen. So instead of paying to get it fixed, I can kill two birds with one stone FOR FREE. Is it registering now?

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I've actually just tried to exchange my phone at a corporate sprint store, but couldn't because apparently the otm tool wouldn't allow them too because I bought from another sprint store. Bs

EXACTLY WHAT I SAID LOL. And the other guy said I was making stuff up lmao!!

His Majesty

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
That's what I was afraid of. My Sprint Corp store told me that because I purchased my Note 7 at a 3rd party store, I would have to return to that store specifically.

That's kind of a **** move for a recall situation. I have a fear the "exchange" is going to get mucked up.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

Call CS. The exact button sequence to talk to a mammal is 1, 5, 5, 5. Give them your last name, first and pin. Just tell the person you want to replace the phone and they should put the order through. Took 10 mins.

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
That's what I was afraid of. My Sprint Corp store told me that because I purchased my Note 7 at a 3rd party store, I would have to return to that store specifically.

That's kind of a **** move for a recall situation. I have a fear the "exchange" is going to get mucked up.
This all just bull****, and it's pissing me off. We all want to exchange our phones and move on but so far only corporate sprint stores got the new phones in which is bs because sprint knows that majority of us bought online or a "3rd party" sprint store.

seajypsy

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
The policy should be more clear. My parents bought theirs in store at a franchise store. They had to get the replacements from only that store, and that store would only issue replacements to customers who bought their original Note there. Online orders can only go to a corporate store. Getting four of these things swapped out has not been fun.

cinnamin

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Called them yesterday,
Spoke to a guy that was nice and friendly.never received a confirmation email so I call back today and now they're telling me they're back ordered. The woman that I spoke to also said they're changing the precedure. She said I have to go to a corporate store.so it's like the guy I spoke to yesterday didn't do anything. My nearest store doesn't have coral blue,last I checked yesterday evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey