Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Oh I'm VERY SURE. They are selling the phones don't get me wrong. But you can't walk into a Sprint store and swap the phone out if you ordered the phone through Sprint.com. I tried. I contacted customer service and they have ordered my replacement. Was weird because I had the phone in hand and was ready to do the data transfer.

YES YOU CAN!@!!~!!! REPORT THE FREAKING STORE IF IT IS A CORP STORE THEY HAVE TO DO IT!!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
YES YOU CAN!@!!~!!! REPORT THE FREAKING STORE IF IT IS A CORP STORE THEY HAVE TO DO IT!!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU.

My phone is already ordered, I have the confirmation email and I'm still using my original Note 7 till the replacement arrives. Now What's your arguement? I have a working phone. A NOTE 7. What is your point??

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
My phone is already ordered, I have the confirmation email and I'm still using my original Note 7 till the replacement arrives. Now What's your arguement? I have a working phone. A NOTE 7. What is your point??

I have 1 ordered also and do not care when it gets here either. But to make a point of saying you can't go to a Corp store is BS. They HAVE to take it the phone is recalled. They can get in trouble if you report them. But you posted you can't that is garbage. The tool thing is garbage also.The guy BOUGHT IT FROM ANOTHER SPRINT STORE NOT ONLINE if you bought it online you can return it to a corp store. Just for arguement sake i called my store 10 minutes ago and they swapped out 4 today alone with people who bought off the web site. Now you tell me again IT CAN'T BE DONE.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I am shocked you got a new one -- I remember you said you were keeping the original.

dakhath

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Could someone who has successfully returned and exchanged their Note7 please answer a question for me? I'm sure I'm not the only person wondering about this.

Did they ask for more than the phone?

All Samsung wants is the phone back. They don't care about the S-Pen and extra tips, the charger and cord or the usb adapters. Which all combined is worth more than the measly $25 inconvenience credit. A new S-Pen for the Note5 is $35.
Samsung just wants the phone off the streets and out of our hands.
Did the Sprint store give you any grief?
This is not a phone swap, it is a recall. They do not need anything but the phone.
I'm sure there are a lot of people that already tossed out the box.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I have 1 ordered also and do not care when it gets here either. But to make a point of saying you can't go to a Corp store is BS. They HAVE to take it the phone is recalled. They can get in trouble if you report them. But you posted you can't that is garbage. The tool thing is garbage also.The guy BOUGHT IT FROM ANOTHER SPRINT STORE NOT ONLINE if you bought it online you can return it to a corp store. Just for arguement sake i called my store 10 minutes ago and they swapped out 4 today alone with people who bought off the web site. Now you tell me again IT CAN'T BE DONE.

You obviously didn't read what other people are posting. People ARE going to corporate stores and are getting REJECTED. If you take the time to READ then maybe you will finally "get it."

QuantamPulse

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Sprint store gave me no issues returing just the phone and none of the accessories. The general manager for the store even came out and told all the reps there that just the phone was fine for the recall exchanges.

I had originally taken my box with me but put it back in the car when i heard that and returned just phone itself. Kept the s-pen as well.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Trolling makes puppy sad

xxoSi6AyCiT2_MAbfKi04sx00tahqLZQ6vJ2C7IPcK4rdfUYKjGE6asZrPIJeJFflbT-mzu81OVp-0hfWPiX1uePR_MD1iuwjxymTofMh1UNK44AXQ5cxJpQXd5MxSL7mrd1zMteqw01ToIsElg61ciHfIX_RFdYqSABu6izrKvWAbgI4xMORUD1mxmNEbX2c7IUb8CWTIDlRudssWAt1bivoePEC1Z8iM5nSAMMQk20kEXgImDpmDyTOEjL5VOiEOI1cXueITolf24FRpvR6y92Y2-cIx_4Vtl1UnG1XA9d_ViwUGRRVCRKe_chy-yDDpmJXr6yGTtLqQVv7v1976OL7SVonWunOyPXWA38WG5P433J3lqLqTQ_oK6pDsUwHpYxtLdUa4wc_5AkAqCF-rSeuqk00sx1itni72Ga2jw4-mXUSbRFJvgFlyTH6tva1ls72mBs4qnZd-qpP4B5ydRYvCbDVfwe_cQXTw6WsgR0-drpNWRE-ShMxLRBT92wgmd6gx1ePEoRyWznU8DkgWXz5j-yG_aBi2Zv0XUnaYW_iUNPIJprksU1D9EIt6q0F6X5BLw-pm7JjHR_rVp9ZMWLxFkVuk5K6JbVGcqqNQ1azRh6OQ=s950-no

PUPPAH makes puppy happy :)

e5fqHv4bC1UW2gsdSRt-03WU425sn-Y6VHJWUJTqW24lG9XxobZR6KNIllT805VJy43lpsTepQwtxeN6DH0I1rCpn35YHiEgwRYBZR2s0rEpUqdS83f0FjvI2pbWqOZ6WAt5RXD_7xbwGKsfnExdaybfBgjiyP1IPpjQ6M9oX7nwH9Qa7qiva1PZPCCYOtXWZSw5UsAMm23dYVUOd1jcVojwPtWvmcJq-ZO4VcWtMBeRDujc7IEIN91bGLLBe1lpXjNgUGERo3qM-kXOikanm4wHyPAXG9ZIT8oSqK_2j_G_MzSYAJyZW0rORjz7sZ0U1pAnHwxK6sIjq4OvOi8khCdKKGJvcNQq0jLCino07Irievzi602tjovACdX-dSH-Ymp2186mrHshfeNiEmnhI26h29rI4yjtK53WkEVydykDLL2BHSUO8c49gIRvSI9IGVX4ANVLQs5Qr-JefFZkj79Bs7D0HC-46HXU1q88MXkyNbJJECENcwZMWwzwnc2G9IfFXIcVdP8KwXxH0hOq8nXCFbFJ20ConcOvUAfImebuDF2f1l-kYKnwfSc0nEGShKLNpITL1WTzgZ4iCZ15vXuEBDGpHEp8IXUAMuyP5buc7wgUlg=s951-no

lkramer18

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I must have gotten lucky then. I ordered online originally and was going thru the advance exchange team for the replacement. They said it would be 3 weeks til they shipped out. However, I walked into a corporate store near my office and swapped out no problem

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
The bottom line is this: there is obviously no set PROTOCOL on how these phones are getting replaced. I went to a corporate store and attempted to replace it and the OTM tool on the computer was jacked up, thus not allowing me to swap out. The same for a customer behind me and TWO Androidites here.

Some folks are posting as if their experience is set in gold and that simply is not the case. Between the store and Sprint CS, NEITHER knew what the other was doing nor had any answers. Or the answers contradicted each other. All I ask Admin is that the folks who have actually received a replacement; don't automatically ASSUME that someone elses experience was the same as theirs. While I'm still functioning fine off my original, there are others who desperately need or want this phone.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
All of you people who couldn't wait and bullied your way into a phone replacement and are now trying to reverse it to get a phone from a store...you are the worst. Just the worst.

Glad to be part of the "worst" lol. I simply did what i needed to do to get the phone as early as i could. The advanced replacement team had no issues reversing it and encouraged me to do so if i could get the phone that day. No regrets!

Rustler5150

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Call CS. The exact button sequence to talk to a mammal is 1, 5, 5, 5. Give them your last name, first and pin. Just tell the person you want to replace the phone and they should put the order through. Took 10 mins.
I followed this process and talked to a really nice guy named Jeff today. In less than 10 minutes i was done and off the phone with him. Thank you very much for this useful info NotAnAppleGuy!!

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I followed this process and talked to a really nice guy named Jeff today. In less than 10 minutes i was done and off the phone with him. Thank you very much for this useful info NotAnAppleGuy!!

Not a problem bro. Some people would have you think I was telling tall tails or something. Glad you got your phone on the way. 😉

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Be warned. If you ordered through Sprint online, you can't just walk in the store and swap the phone out. I tried while I was at work. It has something to do with their "OTM" tool and getting the swap in and out the system.

Store manager gave me a printout of all my pertinent account info and the info customer service will need to send me my replacement and I send this one back.
I just swapped mine tonight. It took 2.5 hours, but the guy got it done. It was definitely a process because I didn't buy it there. The guy helping me wasn't even a manager, but he went the extra mile to make it happen. There wasn't even a manager in the store, so it was even harder. Sprint really needs to get their stuff together on this process if they're going to force online orders to go to a store to swap.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Could someone who has successfully returned and exchanged their Note7 please answer a question for me? I'm sure I'm not the only person wondering about this.

Did they ask for more than the phone?

All Samsung wants is the phone back. They don't care about the S-Pen and extra tips, the charger and cord or the usb adapters. Which all combined is worth more than the measly $25 inconvenience credit. A new S-Pen for the Note5 is $35.
Samsung just wants the phone off the streets and out of our hands.
Did the Sprint store give you any grief?
This is not a phone swap, it is a recall. They do not need anything but the phone.
I'm sure there are a lot of people that already tossed out the box.
I left my spen in the truck and my box and accessories at home. The guy never questioned it. Walked out with a new never opened note 7. YMMV

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Just exchanged the wifes and mines at a Sprint store. Was doing the Advance Exchange and stopped in at a store just for the heck of it. Rep said they had them in and do i want to exchange them. Hecky yea!!!!
Even asked of I did it online because he didn't see a receipt, told him yea...he said no problem. Walked out with 2 new phones with old s-pens also.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.