Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Samsung has an app to test the battery for the Note 7. I just can't find it anywhere. They were supposed to send it to carriers to check the phones. That was in the video when they did the recall announcement.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
And I bought Mine, and my Hubby's in Oregon, and Live in Southern California! Do I have to actually take a trip back to Oregon, or can I swap them out for new note 7's at my local Verizon Store when they become available?
Was it a corporate store? If not, you have to take it back the VAR/VPR you bought it from but they may be able to do it by mail.

daisyd1224

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I thought they wouldn't have the new ones with good batteries until next week at the earliest? I wouldn't trade yet. That sounds like misinformation.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Apparently my verizon store may have the new note 7's. Gonna go now to exchange for a new one.

Is it true the smart switch cause lag?

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
It was from a Premium Verizon Retailer.. Not an Authorized Retailer!

Those are franchises so I doubt they have the same franchise owner down where you live. You are going to have to contact the VPR you purchased from.

FYI - both VARs and VPRs are franchises, I would never buy from them. You get the worst deals from them. Either buy from Verizon corporate or buy from Best Buy or Costco or Sam's Club.

And I especially would not buy from a VAR/VPR out of state.

daisyd1224

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I called Verizon and the guy said they have replacements in stock already. The reason they aren't selling new Note 7 is because they are using their current stock for replacements. I bought mine online and he said to bring it to any corporate store to exchange.
I'm new and did this wrong. I was under the impression that all current stock has to be sent back and the phones with the new batteries wouldn't be there until next week at the earliest. I believe your rep is misinformed. Personally I'm not trading until I know for sure they have new stock.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I called Verizon and the guy said they have replacements in stock already. The reason they aren't selling new Note 7 is because they are using their current stock for replacements.
No not yet they aren't. Samsung is sending Verizon the affected IMEIs next week. No sales and no replacements are going to happen until then.

Jvazquez930

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Here's my question, when did they start producing devices with the "good batteries". When you get your replacements, check the manufacturering dates on them. I would say anything after 9/2 date to be safe. Be careful with stores trying to give you "older" ones.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I just called my corporate Verizon store and she said they will let us know when the new ones are in stock. I guess I'm going to wait a while until the bad stock clears. These stores better be sending these faulty units back to samsung.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I was just online at MyVerizon.com and had a chat rep. She totally transferred my service back to my previous phone (they still had the sim and IMEI and all that on record) and Verizon is snail mailing me the shipping label to send my baby back to them for exchange. I'm happy with that. :p

I DON'T KNOW if that's Verizon's nationwide procedure for everyone who pre-ordered from MyVerizon.com, but that's how it's playing out for me.

Happy Dog, here.
Peace. Alan

budven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Message I received from Verizon today...

FREE VZW MSG: On September 2, 2016, Samsung announced a voluntary recall of the Galaxy Note7 in response to an issue with the device's battery. Because customer safety is our top priority, Verizon has stopped selling the Galaxy Note7. If you wish to return or exchange the device, please visit the store you purchased it from. Learn more at https://news.samsung.com/global/statement-on-galaxy-note7.

Status
Not open for further replies.