Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmwjam

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I am sure that Verizon will not refund your money since you were not the original purchaser. They may accept the Note7 for an exchange for a fixed Note7, S7 or S7E idk, you would have to call them.

But if your wife wants an iP7, you need to get the swappa seller to take back the Note7 and refund your money. Dispute the charge with paypal if they won't.

Had to open a claim was on the phone with Samsung then Verizon reps not just a regular rep but someone's boss they said they will not cover 3rd party purchases I said I thought is was a global recall who cares where you got it it's got Verizon branding and I'm using on my account. Didn't matter he said he could not help me I would have to go thru original buyer. I can only imagine how many were bought on swappa and eBay but maybe other carriers might be exchange in store. But I had no luck calling my local store then getting on phone for like 45mins

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I can only imagine how many were bought on swappa and eBay but maybe other carriers might be exchange in store. But I had no luck calling my local store then getting on phone for like 45mins
I would contact the seller. Paypal always sides with the buyers in something like this. The seller sold you a defective phone that cannot be replaced through the recall except by the original owner. The fact that the seller didn't know the device was defective isn't a defense. They have to take it back. The only issue is who will pay for return shipping. I would pay for it as the buyer to avoid any hassles. You can ask the seller to and see what they say but I wouldn't waste time arguing over it.

I also wouldn't waste any more time contacting Verizon, just contact the seller.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Had the S7 Edge Silver/Chrome and sold it and got the black. Now I have the Black Note 7 and thinking about the Silver/Chrome again. :p
I just don't know if I have the nerve for the mirror again.

I know. I was disappointed when you left me. I never fell out of love with the chrome. I don't know why I just didn't stick with it. Onyx is Bad A though too.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I know. I was disappointed when you left me. I never fell out of love with the chrome. I don't know why I just didn't stick with it. Onyx is Bad A though too.

You definitely leaving black for the chrome?
Poor ole Dolphin Tears. :'( Cotton Candy Blue gets old too fast?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I would contact the seller. Paypal always sides with the buyers in something like this. The seller sold you a defective phone that cannot be replaced through the recall except by the original owner. The fact that the seller didn't know the device was defective isn't a defense. They have to take it back. The only issue is who will pay for return shipping. I would pay for it as the buyer to avoid any hassles. You can ask the seller to and see what they say but I wouldn't waste time arguing over it.

I also wouldn't waste any more time contacting Verizon, just contact the seller.
An acceptable resolution for PayPal could be send phone back to seller and have them replace the phone and then send it back to the buyer. Who knows, this is new for PayPal also. Glad I don't have to go thru this hassle.

This makes buying a new released phone thru eBay, or third party a whole new situation. I think i will avoid doing that in the future sell or buy.

Side note... I had Verizon refuse warranty on a less then year old phone because I bought it third party. They said warranty is void if not purchased thru a line on your account. I escalated to executive customer PR and lost.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
You definitely leaving black for the chrome?
Poor ole Dolphin Tears. :'( Cotton Candy Blue gets old too fast?

I'm not sure yet. Haven't seen a silver in person. The blue was weird. I couldn't get attached to it all. Now I'm stuck with two blue cases that match my old phone because I'm cheap.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I just got that message too. Message doesn't say what people who pre-ordered at MyVerizon.com should do. No worries though cause at least VZW is taking national, unified, public action.

Peace. Alan

Am i the only one that notices the text message doesn't say when they'll get the new note7's and if we can exchange for another? All it says is we can exchange it doe a different phone.

And what do you do if you purchased it from Verizon online? Still exchange at the store or will they ship you a new one?

It looks like everything needs to be done in store. I called Verizon and rep told me they won't send me a box. Cheapos

I called Verizon and the guy said they have replacements in stock already. The reason they aren't selling new Note 7 is because they are using their current stock for replacements. I bought mine online and he said to bring it to any corporate store to exchange.

The language in their message is extremely ambiguous. As it currently sounds it almost reads like they don't plan on restocking it. That is very concerning to me.

No not yet they aren't. Samsung is sending Verizon the affected IMEIs next week. No sales and no replacements are going to happen until then.

I just called my corporate Verizon store and she said they will let us know when the new ones are in stock. I guess I'm going to wait a while until the bad stock clears. These stores better be sending these faulty units back to samsung.

I was just online at MyVerizon.com and had a chat rep. She totally transferred my service back to my previous phone (they still had the sim and IMEI and all that on record) and Verizon is snail mailing me the shipping label to send my baby back to them for exchange. I'm happy with that. :p

I DON'T KNOW if that's Verizon's nationwide procedure for everyone who pre-ordered from MyVerizon.com, but that's how it's playing out for me.

Happy Dog, here.
Peace. Alan

All:

I am going to reiterate a previous post of mine (some of it anyway):

Please keep in mind that - as stated previously- at this early stage, you are very likely to get incomplete, conflicting, or incorrect info - from Verizon and Samsung too.

It really is not a bad idea to just wait until new Note 7's are in stock to ask about a Note-for-Note swap. You will be amazed at just how much better and consistent the information will be 1 week from now than it is today. It takes time for info to disseminate from the top down in Verizon and Samsung. It takes time for Samsung to get corrected phones to the stores as well. During the best of times, we get conflicting info from reps. During an unprecedented event, where much of this is being learned on the fly from VZW and Samsung, it is even more likely that we will get bad info at the earliest stages.

Of course we all want to know everything about the recall with Verizon right now. I do too. But sometimes it's best to just let the recall process take shape, let the processes get in place and disseminated to all parties. YMMV, but it is the approach I will be taking. We have until 9/30, so there is no rush at all for now ...

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure yet. Haven't seen a silver in person. The blue was weird. I couldn't get attached to it all. Now I'm stuck with two blue cases that match my old phone because I'm cheap.
I saw the silver. It wasn't really reflective, it looked more like brushed silver to me. Silver is my second choice.

Because you are cheap? Didn't you pay a restocking fee to change phone colors because of wallpaper? 😁

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I returned my note today. Blah. The Verizon rep asked me if I heard when the new notes would be coming in. I said no clue. He said the consumer will probably know before they know at the store.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I saw the silver. It wasn't really reflective, it looked more like brushed silver to me. Silver is my second choice.

Because you are cheap? Didn't you pay a restocking fee to change phone colors because of wallpaper? ??????

How I'm getting two post for the price of one I'll never know.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
All:

I am going to reiterate a previous post of mine (some of it anyway):

Please keep in mind that - as stated previously- at this early stage, you are very likely to get incomplete, conflicting, or incorrect info - from Verizon and Samsung too.

It really is not a bad idea to just wait until new Note 7's are in stock to ask about a Note-for-Note swap. You will be amazed at just how much better and consistent the information will be 1 week from now than it is today. It takes time for info to disseminate from the top down in Verizon and Samsung. It takes time for Samsung to get corrected phones to the stores as well. During the best of times, we get conflicting info from reps. During an unprecedented event, where much of this is being learned on the fly from VZW and Samsung, it is even more likely that we will get bad info at the earliest stages.

Of course we all want to know everything about the recall with Verizon right now. I do too. But sometimes it's best to just let the recall process take shape, let the processes get in place and disseminated to all parties. YMMV, but it is the approach I will be taking. We have until 9/30, so there is no rush at all for now ...

The fact that nothing has been said about online customers has been frustrating though.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

Because you are cheap? Didn't you pay a restocking fee to change phone colors because of wallpaper? 😁

I like silver. And yes, I did change phones because Deadpool and the Winter Soldier clashed horribly with the blue.

Never with the black or the silver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay