Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thevaristy

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I got a tracking # for my SD card Friday for my N7....today got my approval for the VR using the s7e receipt. So yep, worked for me. Also when I reinstalled Samsung pay today it's telling me I get 10. For my 1st purchase...already got the 20. So tomorrow I'll use Samsung pay and see if they give me that too.

Does anyone have a link to the promo? The only one I can find is if you buy it from Samsung.com

I was given a receipt for my first swap.

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Went to Verizon this afternoon and was all ready to switch to the S7E. They confirmed the transfer......then the associate said that I would be stuck with the S7E if the note 7 ended up not being released again. Then he said he thought Samsung would replace all the note 7s that needed to be released and would never end up putting it back on sale. So I stopped to process, went home and called Verizon. Note 5 reactivated and Big Red is sending me a shipping box to return the 7. Refunded my screen protector on the phone. I'm done with this crap. I chose note to update my 5 to the s7e months ago and did not want to get stuck with it. When I asked the sales rep in store if I was screwed, he smiled and apologized. Will keep my upgrade intact and will save my $800. There are certainly things I will miss on the 7, especially battery life. However, the 7 is going to bomb in resale. Just need to get away from it now and regroup. Also worth noting that I was on a flight this morning and they asked us to turn off our Samsung 7's because they have problems. What a cluster by Sammy and Verizon. Good luck to all who are waiting this out.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Went to Verizon this afternoon and was all ready to switch to the S7E. They confirmed the transfer......then the associate said that I would be stuck with the S7E if the note 7 ended up not being released again. Then he said he thought Samsung would replace all the note 7s that needed to be released and would never end up putting it back on sale. So I stopped to process, went home and called Verizon. Note 5 reactivated and Big Red is sending me a shipping box to return the 7. Refunded my screen protector on the phone. I'm done with this crap. I chose note to update my 5 to the s7e months ago and did not want to get stuck with it. When I asked the sales rep in store if I was screwed, he smiled and apologized. Will keep my upgrade intact and will save my $800. There are certainly things I will miss on the 7, especially battery life. However, the 7 is going to bomb in resale. Just need to get away from it now and regroup. Also worth noting that I was on a flight this morning and they asked us to turn off our Samsung 7's because they have problems. What a cluster by Sammy and Verizon. Good luck to all who are waiting this out.

So the rep told you he thought they would replace the ones already sold but wouldn't start selling the note 7 for people that don't already have it right? Wow if that is the the case then feel for the ones that don't have it and want it. But like others have said on this site, a lot of people are getting different responses from these reps. So that is why I'm waiting for the replacements to be released.

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I may well end up back with the Note 7 if they decide to put it back on sale later. I just don't want to get stuck with a rare phone with a very negative history. If it goes on sale again and sells swiftly then I may get back in. May go the pixel route though. Bottom line, I just wanted to end my involvement in this mess and move on. Would help a great deal if Sammy and Verizon were sharing more information and that you didn't get a different story from every Verizon rep. Get the stories straight so we can make educated decisions.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Did they really call it "Samsung 7" lol? Last Fri on the noon news the talking head called the Note 7 "Samsung 7 phones."

billw54249

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Read several different threads. Thought I had it figured out. Went to my Verizon Corporate Store this morning. Corporate because I had read that I had to go there to get a loaner. Talked to the store manager. He told me Verizon did not have a loaner program. I could trade my N7 for another phone and then I could trade that phone for the new N7 when they came in. Not wanting to get into a semantics war I said that is what I wanted to do. They got me a new S7E and I handed them my original paperwork. Problem! I had purchased my phone from one of Verizon's authorized sellers (GoWireless) and I would have to take the phone back to them. I went across the parking lot to the GoWireless store and they told me that only the Verizon Corporate Store was offering the loaner exchange. I could exchange my phone with them for a different phone, but that was the only exchange I could make. I still have my N7. It hasn't burned up yet. I just hope Verizon and Samsung get their acts together.

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Are the people that are getting a loaner phone getting some sort of written proof that they can indeed trade that back in for a full refund/equal trade for a new Note7? With all of the random crazy stuff that Verizon employees say I'd hate to go get a 7Edge and then a month from now tell me I can't trade it back in for a new Note7 saying "well I don't know what they told you, but that just isn't true."

The length of this thread is worse than trying to sift through a thread on Flyertalkforums...

I received a return receipt. Which I'm guessing is all I have to bring in to exchange if I decide to do so.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Read several different threads. Thought I had it figured out. Went to my Verizon Corporate Store this morning. Corporate because I had read that I had to go there to get a loaner. Talked to the store manager. He told me Verizon did not have a loaner program. I could trade my N7 for another phone and then I could trade that phone for the new N7 when they came in. Not wanting to get into a semantics war I said that is what I wanted to do. They got me a new S7E and I handed them my original paperwork. Problem! I had purchased my phone from one of Verizon's authorized sellers (GoWireless) and I would have to take the phone back to them. I went across the parking lot to the GoWireless store and they told me that only the Verizon Corporate Store was offering the loaner exchange. I could exchange my phone with them for a different phone, but that was the only exchange I could make. I still have my N7. It hasn't burned up yet. I just hope Verizon and Samsung get their acts together.

What a mess!

Christopher Gilliam

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
So after yesterday's news went to Verizon corporate store and they refused to allow me to exchange or return my phone because it has damaged told me to not use it and what for the replacement to come in..has anyone else been able to return a working damage phone

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So after yesterday's news went to Verizon corporate store and they refused to allow me to exchange or return my phone because it has damaged told me to not use it and what for the replacement to come in..has anyone else been able to return a working damage phone
They're supposed to take it no matter what. The defect has nothing to do with a cracked screen so that shouldn't matter.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Yea, go to another corporate store and you should have no problems.
I've heard of someone returning a cracked note 7 with only the charger and cable and had no problems at all.
I guess it just depends on the counter jockey you get that day.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

Like others have said, Verizon is supposed to take them back no matter the condition. Yesterday I overheard they accepted a Note 7 with a shattered screen for exchange.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

FWIW, I had the Verizon 800 customer service person on my phone tell the manager he had to do the double-return, and he still refused. It appears the corporate stores aren't that "corporate". As somebody else indicated, try a different store.

It also appears that the Verizon policy for Note 7 returns hasn't made it down to all the stores yet. Worst case, you can do the exchange with the 800 customer service people once the new phones are available, and bypass the local store.

Christopher Gilliam

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Given the treatment I had yesterday and how I get treated at this next store today I may wait, I just wanted to return the phone and re buy it once the good ones come out. But the way the manager at the store acted yesterday made me want to leave Verizon all together

WyDave

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Everyone here complaining that you basically want it all fixed RIGHT NOW!!!!

Come on be a grown up!! Look at car recalls, the VAST majority of regular cars (Not High End vehicles), don't get anywhere near what you are getting from Samsung/Verizon right now. Which this (when you finally talk to the right people) you get to do a double swap, and $25 bill credit.

Now let's look at 2 recalls my car was in. One for a shift linkage problem, and the other was a key issue. And what did the manufacturer say...."park the vehicle and don't use it till it's fixed". There was no loaner while they were coming up with a fix and/or getting parts for the fix, or while waiting for dealership to schedule my repair. When repair was scheduled (didn't do the key recall as it was STUPID), at that time I got a loaner, while it was at the shop for 1 day, but got NO $ of any kind of compensation.

This happens all the time. People need to CALM DOWN. Getting your blood boiling isn't going to help.

Have a GREAT DAY!

mari dub

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Amen!!!

On a side note, a buddy of mine told me his uncle (at&t user) got his replacement note 7 yesterday. Took him about 3 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1