Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Who gives the $25 for my trouble it is Verizon or Samsung and when do you get it ?

Samsung gives it but Verizon will apply it to a case or something. I got a S7E case that was marked $29.99 for $4.99 plus tax. When you return the loaner (if you do) you can return the case as well but you'll only get back what you actually paid.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Seems u had the wrong clerk lol. That is the same store in Canton I was in on Sat. I was in and out in 35 min. No ear buds and I didn't have the adapter. Not a problem. I didn't let them transfer anything, I had it all on my laptop at home. Isnt just amazing how each exchange is so different? Nobody really knows anything. Lol
You just summed up everyones experience with the Note 7 a million and 1 different experiences .......
I would never let the Verizon counter monkey do anything to my phone.
When I get a new phone from the Verizon corporate store I refuse to let them open and play with it.
I set all my devices up as a new device. This is just me though.

Karen Hildebrand

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Who gives the $25 for my trouble it is Verizon or Samsung and when do you get it ?
I got mine credited to my account before I left the store...I am still amazed we were in the same store and the difference in our transactions. Right hand doesn't know what the left hand's doing..craziness. I did go to the Canton store from the Wooster store cause it was a cluster of nobody knowing anything here.

vonskie

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Just spoke with Samsung support they told me that they were going to be shipped this week and available, but things have changed as they were waiting on the cpsc approval and it would be released in up coming weeks. I guess I will get a refund on mine rather than have a 800 dollar explosive phone powered off, that I can not use for several months.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I got mine credited to my account before I left the store...I am still amazed we were in the same store and the difference in our transactions. Right hand doesn't know what the left hand's doing..craziness. I did go to the Canton store from the Wooster store cause it was a cluster of nobody knowing anything here.

The Canton Store manager Armadi got rude when I ask him to note my account that I have the right to return the S7E when the Note 7's come in
He then went off about all this is blown out of proportion do to bad rumors on the internet etc.

He also said there have been no cases of exploding batteries in the USA and only 35 know world wide
I told him about the reports I seen on TV the most recent being in NY .......... He said " We have taken care of your concerns Thank You "

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I told him about the reports I seen on TV the most recent being in NY .......... He said " We have taken care of your concerns Thank You "

So he basically told you to shut the front door and you're dismissed/get out my face... Rude for sure...... I don't think I would've handle it as well as you did...

Karen Hildebrand

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
The Canton Store manager Armadi got rude when I ask him to note my account that I have the right to return the S7E when the Note 7's come in
He then went off about all this is blown out of proportion do to bad rumors on the internet etc.

He also said there have been no cases of exploding batteries in the USA and only 35 know world wide
Wow. Rude for sure... especially from a manager ..Friday Wooster basically told me to keep the note. It would be fine. Not to worry.. I do wanna say the 25$ was credited to my account toward the purchase of a case.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Grrrrr. I was going to just wait till the replacement Note 7's were approved, but my husband and one son were making me feel guilty, like I was going to be the one responsible for torching the family, our four dogs, three parrots, and 25 neighbors! I tried out my other son's S7E and just couldn't do it. Plus the thought of a possible update to limit charging gave me the final push.

(I left BlackBerry's amazing keyboards very reluctantly almost four years ago, but could never use a touch - my finger tips are always so dry and cracked that it simply doesn't work. Actually almost couldn't have a background check done recently since only 5 fingers were registering prints. The guy had to really smash a 6th finger to get it done, lol! Also could never get the fingerprint scanner on the N4, 5 or 7 to work. So the S-Pen was/is a God-send. I type & swype with it, scroll, dial the phone, Action Memo & S-Note galore.)

Anyhow, went to my local VZW corporate store (they're always great) to ask for a Note 5 (been setting my old N5 up to give to my husband) . They're on top of this, and of the 10+ customers in the store, three of us were returning Note 7's. They said it's been a pretty steady flow. When she went to do the exchange I saw the box said 32GB. There's just no way. My 64GB N5 had about 5MB free when I switched to the N7. She said that she'd note :) the account and to call customer service to do the exchange thru them.

I just got off an hour and 20 minutes call with them. OMG. Again...very nice, very helpful, but everything she tried to do wouldn't work. Got a supervisor and the two of them were overriding one thing after another! Finnnnnnally, they said I'll receive a new 64GB Note 5 on Fri. She also said my payment plan would just continue from the original purchase date of the N7, same when I exchange for the replacement N7 (so for the 24 months from Aug 19th).

Geeeeez.

1d2c82dfd1842c5b9e98b57ffc780fd3.jpg

jacko147

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

This is very unprofessional for a corporate store manager, I would write a nice letter to one the executives, I'm certain they would want to know if a manager talks to customers like this. Here's the contact info
Verizon Leadership Executive Biographies - Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.