Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyb884

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
And if you bought one there, they will not accept the return at one of the corporate stores?

Yeah, the rep I spoke with in the corporate store even went and checked with the manager, and they said that even though its technically a Verizon store, even with the recall, they couldn't exchange my device. Go figure the one time I use a retail store (since all of the crop stores were sold out at release), this happens.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, the rep I spoke with in the corporate store even went and checked with the manager, and they said that even though its technically a Verizon store, even with the recall, they couldn't exchange my device. Go figure the one time I use a retail store (since all of the crop stores were sold out at release), this happens.

Not sure how much effort you want to put into this, but i would call samsung and Verizon (ask to speak to retentions with verizon). There is no reason the corporate should not do the swap.

Also go on the Verizon facebook page and twitter

dannyb884

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how much effort you want to put into this, but i would call samsung and Verizon (ask to speak to retentions with verizon). There is no reason the corporate should not do the swap.

Also go on the Verizon facebook page and twitter

Unfortunately, I've called and/or chatted with Verizon about 4 times now seeing if I could get a different answer from anyone. Sadly, they all came back with the same response telling me to return to the store I purchased it from. Very odd seeing that their retail stores even show up on their store locator on verizon.com

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately, I've called and/or chatted with Verizon about 4 times now seeing if I could get a different answer from anyone. Sadly, they all came back with the same response telling me to return to the store I purchased it from. Very odd seeing that their retail stores even show up on their store locator on verizon.com

Well i would get on verizon twitter and Facebook and unleash the dogs of war. that is my plan if they do not refund the sales tax on the replacement phone.

be nice, be nice, be nice until it is time to not be nice anymore.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I called and the rep told me to return it to corporate store. The whole reason I went thru the Mail is because the store is an hour away from me.

Exactly. And I'm also afraid the credits and payment plan cancellation will get screwed up if I return it where I didn't get it. Just happened with returning the loaner. The store didn't have the Note 5 I needed, suggested I call. I did and received it. I never used it because the text telling us the replacement N7's would be avail in a few day came two hours later. Never opened the box, brought it to the store. The manager (who has been great throughout) assured me there was no upgrade fee or restocking fee. Looked at my bill last night and I had both. Managed to get it taken care of thru chat last night (surprisingly, lol). But I've just got no more hours to give to this mess.

Schlubbe

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
When I think of Montana, I picture John Snow standing atopThe Wall in his big fur coat, shivering as the snowflakes fall all around. :D

Yeah, it's pretty much like that. Plus, cell service is terrible here in the ice cave... what's that, Ygritte? Again?... anyway, yeah, Montana is a cold and terrible place and you should avoid visiting here at all times. Gotta go... Yes, right, Ygritte... I know nothing, right... a little lower...

Something something, The Horn of Winter...

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I originally purchased the Note 7 at Best Buy and returned it there. Since they had no Note 5 in stock I went to Verizon store off same parking lot and got Note 5 there. Exchanged Note 5 for Note 7 at local Verizon store yesterday with no problems.

ladybrown35

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
At least I'm not the only one with the double stickers.

No you are not. I wouldn't worry this phone works better than my original in many ways so I don't worry about the double stickers. My first note 7 got extremely hot like hot potato hot when it charged, it dropped calls constantly, and the screen was very unresponsive. I am sure I had a bad phone without checking anything. This one doesn't get hot at all while charging, screen is excellent and so is call quality. To think I almost gave up and bought the iPhone 7 plus. Now off to find a case that I actually like

kabeeo

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Reporting in and checking out of this thread. Got my replacement from my TP store. All good. No cost. Kept the charger and the S Pen. I gave him the headphones because I didn't care. He wanted the box to ship the old one back in and I didn't care about that either. Got my software update and my green battery. Good to go! See you in (thank God) threads about questions, apps and benefits of the Note 7!

Status
Not open for further replies.