Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Anybody who has a replacement Note 7 that catches on fire due to a bad battery please contact me. I will be inclined to give you $100 to buy a lottery ticket if you agree to split the winnings.
The Battery Institute says that new lithium batteries have an average failure to fire rate of 1 in 10 million.
Even if this was a Note 7 that failed, I don't believe Samsung let another batch of sub standard batteries get installed in our phones.

Another one burned in Minnesota.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is Verizon giving an extended return period for the replacement Note 7's?

After the latest Note 7 eruption I don't think it will be much of an issue. It's feeling like a second and final complete recall is coming.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Anybody who has a replacement Note 7 that catches on fire due to a bad battery please contact me. I will be inclined to give you $100 to buy a lottery ticket if you agree to split the winnings.
The Battery University says that new lithium batteries have an average failure to fire rate of 1 in 10 million.
Even if this was a Note 7 that failed, I don't believe Samsung let another batch of sub standard batteries get installed in our phones.
Maybe it's not the battery. Maybe it's to big of a battery in the spot provided getting pinched.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's not the battery. Maybe it's to big of a battery in the spot provided getting pinched.
Battery and phone should each have safety measures built in. This just shouldn't happen. Someday (more likely already) Samsung will figure out the real design problem but we'll never know it unless some Samsung engineer goes rogue

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

How are you getting along with the new iPhone?

Pretty good actually. I don't feel a need to buy another Android phone, though I did pick up a moto z play for $20 after promotions so I still have a decent Android.

jettie1767

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site

Went to the Verizon corporate store where I had replaced the Note 7 twice and they were aware of the new announcement. They took my N7 and didn't charge me a restocking fee. Refunded the accessories too. I got an iPhone7 and hopefully the N8 next year will be great.

jblackshear

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

Called vzw and spoke with a manager who removed return restriction from my account. Took phone to corporate store and returned with no problem. Went to Apple and got the 7+ activated. Phone is ok, but looking forward to next Note.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

You can exchange your note 7. There's no exchange date, you can do it whenever.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Here's a twist. My wife exchanged the N7 for the S7E and hates it. Unfortunately the local corporate store has been sold out of the replacements for a while and we have yet to be able to exchange back into the N7.

The way things are going, it wouldn't surprise me if Verizon pulled the N7 all together. IF that happens and it's before people like us can get back into the N7, do you think they will allow trade ins of the S7E outside of the 14 day window?

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Verizon exchange replacement

Verizon right now has no official word so most stores are not allowing it. But I'm calling verizon to put a note on my account so I can return.

Milt K

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: Verizon exchange replacement

Verizon right now has no official word so most stores are not allowing it. But I'm calling verizon to put a note on my account so I can return.

Verizon customers with replacement Note 7s are still in a good spot even after the 14-day return window just like with the first recall. More than likely they will follow their closest competitor's (AT&T) lead and allow 1) a refund of the phone and accessories or 2) exchange to a new phone and issue an official statement Monday or Tuesday. If you are within the 14-day window and can't live with the anxiety due to uncertainty, then return/exchange it now. Talk with a manager at a corporate store and they will waive the $35 restocking fee as well.

There is absolutely no risk to your money if you're in the USA and under a nationwide carrier. The uncertainty for me would be whether they will still carry the Note 7 phones for sale.

superdeso

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the update bro. I was on hold for 20 minutes trying to talk to a Verizon rep then hung up. A few tech news sites (the verge, cnet, etc) are reporting that Verizon released a statement saying exchange note 7 devices but I have yet to hear confirmation of that on Verizon's website or hear it from a Verizon rep.

I'd really like to keep my note 7...but three incidents regarding exploding batteries with replacement units in the past week have me really conflicted....I can say that looking from media pictures of the devices, they were all the black colored note 7s, and I have a blue coral one so that gives me a little hope....but not much.

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site

My biggest worry right now is. the lack of carrier support ( ie: Updates ) to those of us who keep the phones. Seeing as how they aren't going to support the phone anymore. also means no local accessories. bums me out because I like the phone.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site

I have to wait for the manager. As of now they are not allowing exchanges because there is no official announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000