Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IncredibleJedi

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Re: Verizon exchange replacement

Thats not proof. Thats why i couldn't exchange without official announcement.

I exchanged mine yesterday, and it was day 17 for me. I did deal with the GM of my Verizon corporate store though, and no other rep or manager.

Addiitional Info: I actually got refunded for mine, and then pre-ordered a Pixel XL. I had to do the refund in order to get my upgrade eligibility back, since I used it on the N7

Last edited:

simplystephlb

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site

We talked to our corporate Verizon store, and the guy said our only option is to exchange it for another phone once it's official. He told us to call on Monday to see if he's heard anything official or new.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site

We talked to our corporate Verizon store, and the guy said our only option is to exchange it for another phone once it's official. He told us to call on Monday to see if he's heard anything official or new.

Thats what i got. I have to wait until it is official...smh.

Milt K

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site

Once a recall is "official" you'll be able to exchange or return even if outside the 14-day return period. Just wait and don't sweat it. Nobody is at risk of losing their money. Unless you decided to buy the phones second-hand or through eBay lol. :p

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Just returned the replacement Note 7, 2 $40. a piece chargers and a Gear S2 Classic watch (everything well outside of the 14 day return window).
No problems, just about 2 hours in the store though.

Here's a hot tip: Call Verizon 800# first and have them note your account that you will be returning the Note 7.
It makes things much easier for the counter jockeys.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site

Just returned the replacement Note 7, 2 $40. a piece chargers and a Gear S2 Classic watch (everything well outside of the 14 day return window).

Here's a hot tip: Call Verizon 800# first and have them note your account that you will be returning the Note 7.
I did call. They wouldn't help. Said it's up to the manager.

jettie1767

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site

I was able to return my replacement Note 7 yesterday at a Verizon corporate store. She even told me they were halting sales of the Note 7 yesterday. I switched to an iPhone 7. Was also able to get credit back for the accessories I bought for the Note 7. No restocking fee as well. I was all done in less than an hour.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site

Forget all this mess. I'm keeping my note7 until the note8 comes out and then paying off the rest of what I still owe. Done with all this stress. What I really want is to return my note7 and have my contract go back to normal with my note 3 but I'm positively certain Verizon won't stand for that. So for me, I'm waiting until the note8 comes out. And if the note8 is recalled then I'll do the whole dance again. I have no choice because every other phone is inferior. I'm addicted i guess.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

Forget all this mess. I'm keeping my note7 until the note8 comes out and then paying off the rest of what I still owe. Done with all this stress. What I really want is to return my note7 and have my contract go back to normal with my note 3 but I'm positively certain Verizon won't stand for that. So for me, I'm waiting until the note8 comes out. And if the note8 is recalled then I'll do the whole dance again. I have no choice because every other phone is inferior. I'm addicted i guess.
I may just go to the V20 and come back to Samsung when the note 9 is out

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

That's what I did - the CS rep said he would note the account for a return. We will see if they do.

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I did the same as most of you, I called VZW and spoke with a CSR who at first had no clue what the heck I was talking about. After a few minutes to confer with her super, she came said she was flabbergasted, she hadn't heard anything about this but VZW would in fact allow me to return or exchange my N7. The store was another item altogether, the main thing with the stores is to not go ballistic but stay calm and ask them to do a bit of leg work. In my case, after a moment, she was more than helpful and though she didn't have anything in stock, (I'm going back to IOS until next year when they announce the N8, I hope), she directed me to another local store that had a iPhone 6S plus 128G in stock. It is also worth noting that I went to Best Buy with my Moto360 that I'd purchased on original N7's release date along with a Samsung wireless fast charger and told them my dilemma and though I was outside of the 30 days return they allowed me to return it for store credit which I used to get a snapple watch to go along with my cryphone. I really hate to have to go back to IOS but as my job has us frequenting airports across the country, I'm playing it safe for now.

shrxwin

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

UGH being practical I know I should pursue returning my full-price purchase with Verizon (I am not due for upgrade until April so bought out-right) but I LOVE my phone. I wish there were more details on the burned phones - were they still running the Oculus software that made the phone run hot, etc...

This is the first phone I have added the insurance to in 15 years, but now there is pretty much a guarantee that a replacement would not be available if i needed to use the insurance - so why carry it, etc... not to mention spending 929 (with tax) to buy the edsel of phones...

I would be back to my Note 2 due to some juggling my spouse and I have done with our phones - dipped in the ocean for one, SIM not recognized on another... then have to decide on my next phone...

Sigh... thanks for letting me vent!

Clarice

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site

Same here. I don't want to go back to iPhone but there's no other Android phone I am interested in.

Ugh.

That was my whole problem, there wasn't another android device that really reached out and grabbed my attention like the N7 did. I didn't want to go back to IOS but at the moment I don't really have a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae