Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Ok Verizon is aggravating me

I just called to try to replace my note7 with iphone7 plus. The customer service lady told me that yes they discontinued it but were going to fix it so they can get it back on the market. I'm like what? Is it discontinued or not? Im bout to call Samsung and see what they tell me.

Call verizon back they will tell you something different

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Ok Verizon is aggravating me

I just called to try to replace my note7 with iphone7 plus. The customer service lady told me that yes they discontinued it but were going to fix it so they can get it back on the market. I'm like what? Is it discontinued or not? Im bout to call Samsung and see what they tell me.

Is going to a store out of the way for you?

Verizon CEO on Samsung Note 7 issues: 'I've never seen a recall like this'
Verizon will also stop issuing replacement Galaxy Note 7 phones - The Verge

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Well I was going for the iPhone 7 plus but my store didn't have any so was going to order on the phone when I the cs lady told me that. I called Samsung and she said i can keep using note7 if no problems with it til the official investigation is over. She said they haven't totally discontinued it yet. Just asked the carriers to not sale or replace those. She said it might be permanently discontinued in future and it might not be. So I think I'll power down my note7 for now and just still order iphone7 plus on another line. Sorry I like a lot of people haven't gone thru this before. Lol

Jaydabee

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I can't keep track of conversations anymore because they are collapsing all Verizon associated topics into this thread....so confusing .
No doubt. I had a perfectly good rant going about how I was going to hold my free 256Gb SD card hostage if they tried to get it back or bill me for it and then they blended it into a mismatch of unrelated rants.

Laura Crusader

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Verizon can't even communicate with their own god dann workers. I spoke to 3 different employees, (1 online, in person & on call) & all 3 said things completely different. I got so frustrated that i hung up the last time. I'm gonna be calling samsung & see what they say. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Lokust2501

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
I talked to a chat rep that said they knew nothing about how VZ would handle this, and they said to call a store. I called the store and they said they haven't received any information either.

At this point I think the phone I want is an Asus, which is GSM so not supported by VZ. I'm hoping I can just return the phones for refund instead of exchange and move on from all this when the new Asus Zenfones come out.

Amb312

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Verizon is starting it

1e851e491589be8f2d4d8aac5be77769.jpg

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is notorious for not having its act together and all employees on the same page. This phone is sadly dead. It is not coming back.

On another note, pardon the pun, my device contract has been cancelled and my upgrade date restored back to August. I did not ask, it was just done because this phone is over.

Not all the accounts pages indicate the backdated upgrade date but Verizon is working on getting the accounts pages to reflect the updated info.

I was also told I could take the phone to a retail location or wait for the safety packing box to arrive.

Allnicksgone

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Re: Verizon is starting it

I tried to order a replacement, but it wasn't allowing me to keep my unlimited data. Chatting with rep was almost comical.
bb4d4f034bbf58a3b8c4a4cae4adf47f.jpg

cb8b5a4a2f4f1f43ad98618b5a0c13f9.jpg

Bonjovigirl

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Just got this text from verizon. Free VZW Message: Samsung has announced that the Galaxy Note7 will no longer be sold for safety reasons. We strongly recommend that you power down and exchange your Note7 for another device of your choice. You can exchange your Samsung Galaxy Note7 at go.vzw.com/note7faq. Exchanging your Note7 online instead of visiting a Verizon store will be your most efficient way to get a new device.

My payment plan says paid in full, upgrade eligible and that I received a $36 credit (don't see that) but I haven't returned my replacement phone yet?

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Just got this text from verizon. Free VZW Message: Samsung has announced that the Galaxy Note7 will no longer be sold for safety reasons. We strongly recommend that you power down and exchange your Note7 for another device of your choice. You can exchange your Samsung Galaxy Note7 at go.vzw.com/note7faq. Exchanging your Note7 online instead of visiting a Verizon store will be your most efficient way to get a new device.

My payment plan says paid in full, upgrade eligible and that I received a $36 credit (don't see that) but I haven't returned my replacement phone yet?
Samsung will ship a box kit for you to return the phone.
My dad just walked out of Verizon with his N3 reactivated and was told to keep the N7 until Samsung sends a box kit

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Heads Up

For verizon users, i got a refund from verizon for my note 7 and then went to best buy for the s7 edge. You get a free TV and then you can also apply for the gear vr/sd card promo.

MikeS1971

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Wow. This thread is now a mess with all the other Verizon threads moved and mixed in. The mods should leave stuff alone. Just because a topic has "Verizon" in the title, it doesn't mean it should be closed or moved because this one exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle