Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Heads Up

For verizon users, i got a refund from verizon for my note 7 and then went to best buy for the s7 edge. You get a free TV and then you can also apply for the gear vr/sd card promo.
The Samsung promo end date for purchase said 10/9. Did they expand the date range?

ikarmag

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
When you look at all the Samsung phones you see "Included Free: 1 item" and if you click on that it says "Samsung - 32" Class (31.5" Diag.) - LED - 720p - Smart - HDTV - Black"

Allnicksgone

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Re: Verizon is starting it

I tried to order a replacement, but it wasn't allowing me to keep my unlimited data. Chatting with rep was almost comical.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161011/bb4d4f034bbf58a3b8c4a4cae4adf47f.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161011/cb8b5a4a2f4f1f43ad98618b5a0c13f9.jpg
I called and I'm on hold with Verizon. She offered to send me another note 7. I had to explain that the replacement phone is also being recalled....

I'm off the phone. They cannot exchange my phone without losing my current plan. I have to keep using the Note 7.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I ordered the iphone7 plus black matte 256gb. Did overnight. Supposed to be delivered tomorrow by 8pm. Figured I'll give note7 a shot til the note8 comes out

wcourtois

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Verizon text message

Free VZW Message: Samsung has announced that the Galaxy Note7 will no longer be sold for safety reasons. We strongly recommend that you power down and exchange your Note7 for another device of your choice. You can exchange your Samsung Galaxy Note7 at go.vzw.com/note7faq. Exchanging your Note7 online instead of visiting a Verizon store will be your most efficient way to get a new device.

So far they only "strongly recommend" exchanging it? Think I'm gonna hold out as long as it's not mandatory and still works.

Stillmorningrise

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Well it's been a long day of dealing with Verizon. I went to the corporate store this morning to return our 2 note 7's and decided to go with the iPhone7 plus (since I'm done with Samsung for awhile). Verizon had to ship me the iPhone's since they weren't in stock. Interestingly though, the rep told me the store does not want the phones back, and that they are "ours to do with as we please". So after the transaction, I left and got home and realized they never said anything about getting the full refund for the note 7's (that we paid for with the contract price already).

I call Verizon customer support to make sure I'm still getting my refund, and he was shocked to hear that the store would not accept our phones back since they are considered to be a "hazard". He did some research and said we'll be getting a "special box" in the mail to ship back the devices to Verizon, once they receive them we will be getting the full refund.

Oh it was also a nightmare getting my $25 bill credit, that's another story. Sorry Samsung, I'm no longer a diehard supporter.

Laura Crusader

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site

I called and I'm on hold with Verizon. She offered to send me another note 7. I had to explain that the replacement phone is also being recalled....

I'm off the phone. They cannot exchange my phone without losing my current plan. I have to keep using the Note 7.
Jesus Christ. All around hot mess.

Allnicksgone

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site

Jesus Christ. All around hot mess.
Trying twitter now. Looked promising at first, then this.

af14ee1f0ce30aec187c14d27cae0f92.jpg

Basically, if i want to keep the plan my Note 7 is on, I have to pay more than double what I originally paid for it.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I talked to a chat rep that said they knew nothing about how VZ would handle this, and they said to call a store. I called the store and they said they haven't received any information either.

At this point I think the phone I want is an Asus, which is GSM so not supported by VZ. I'm hoping I can just return the phones for refund instead of exchange and move on from all this when the new Asus Zenfones come out.
Does ASUS support VoLTE and the Verizon LTE bands?

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Too bad Verizon is charging customers the upgrade price and fees until the phone is returned. I personally dont have $300+ laying around for them to hold on to. This is ridiculous.

golfergirl13

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
For verizon users, i got a refund from verizon for my note 7 and then went to best buy for the s7 edge. You get a free TV and then you can also apply for the gear vr/sd card promo.
In order to get the TV, do you need to pay the s7 edge in full or can you do the payment plan. Sorry, never bought a phone at best buy.

DatsyukianDeke

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
If i return it for a refund and use my old phone will will my upgrade reset so thst I can use it? Would rather wait to see if a better phone comes out next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan