Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I think I may just get a cheap used phone so I don't use up my upgrade. I'll be ready to upgrade again when th S8 comes out I'm sure. I have an S7 edge I can go back to, but my wife traded her phone in unfortunately so we'll still have to buy at least one device.

Is everyone still getting the 300 dollar promo for the trade in? Mine are still processing and I don't want them to screw me over just because the phone got canceled.

HaVoK_C89

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I went for the Pixel XL with my free upgrade. I've only been on Verizon for a couple of months lol.

When questioning sbout my upgrade, the rep on the phone told me that they had a meeting this morning and they were told that this 2nd recall is considered 'voluntary' and that they were giving out the upgrade for 'peace of mind' to their customers. They told me that once I receive my upgraded device, I'll also get a box to return the Note 7 soon after that. Once their warehouse receives the Note, I'll be refunded all the payments and such that I've put towards the Note along with a $25 inconvenience credit.

I also noticed last night that all major named products, like Spigen, have been pulled from Amazon.

ikarmag

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I went for the Pixel XL with my free upgrade. I've only been on Verizon for a couple of months lol.

When questioning sbout my upgrade, the rep on the phone told me that they had a meeting this morning and they were told that this 2nd recall is considered 'voluntary' and that they were giving out the upgrade for 'peace of mind' to their customers. They told me that once I receive my upgraded device, I'll also get a box to return the Note 7 soon after that. Once their warehouse receives the Note, I'll be refunded all the payments and such that I've put towards the Note along with a $25 inconvenience credit.

I also noticed last night that all major named products, like Spigen, have been pulled from Amazon.

Did you have to pay the $80+ in taxes and upgrade fees?

crazyavery

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
I was told the same thing last night. I talked to a rep on the web sight today and asked when will I get my credit I see a lot of people already got it. He checked my account and came back and said I credit your bill for the full amount paid. A few minutes after that I got an email stating my next bull was -11$

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
My s7e should be here tomorrow, but im gonna hold on to my note 7 for the 14 days I have to return the s7e, just in case samsung comes out and says they are safe... which I doubt will happen, but is a nice thought.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Just got told Samsung s7e will no longer be sold in my Verizon store. What the heck? They said all s series r being discontinued for in store sales.

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Apparently Samsung is going to scrap every single device they receive back from the recall both originals and replacements. Verizon probably does not care to get them back.

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Just got told Samsung s7e will no longer be sold in my Verizon store. What the heck? They said all s series r being discontinued for in store sales.
I just picked up the S7E in black yesterday at my store in Dallas. There was no availability when I checked stock for local stores online. I was prepared to have the corporate store order me one on the spot to be shipped to me, however they updated their stock as I was there. Just arrived in time for me to get it.

mynameisnick4

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Sorry if this has been asked (a lot of pages to read) but is there any talk of Verizon doing anything with future upgrades? I went from an S6 to the Note 7 and paid off the S6 just to upgrade. I am going to be pissed if when I turn in my Note and go for another device, I will be stuck with it for two years (or forced to pay it off sooner) before I can get a new device. Right now there are really no Android phones that really compare to the Note IMO, only the S7E which is 7 months old. I really don't feel like getting a 7 month old phone at full price and being stuck with it for 2 years before I pay it off for a new one. Is there any potential for Verizon to allow us to swap out our phones but still allow us to upgrade to a newer phone down the line without being screwed over? I know its unlikely but it will suck to be stuck with a older phone for a long period of time when the S8s are not too far away. Maybe Samsung will do something right by the Note 7 owners and offer the S7 or S7E at lower prices to keep customers.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Sorry if this has been asked (a lot of pages to read) but is there any talk of Verizon doing anything with future upgrades? I went from an S6 to the Note 7 and paid off the S6 just to upgrade. I am going to be pissed if when I turn in my Note and go for another device, I will be stuck with it for two years (or forced to pay it off sooner) before I can get a new device. Right now there are really no Android phones that really compare to the Note IMO, only the S7E which is 7 months old. I really don't feel like getting a 7 month old phone at full price and being stuck with it for 2 years before I pay it off for a new one. Is there any potential for Verizon to allow us to swap out our phones but still allow us to upgrade to a newer phone down the line without being screwed over? I know its unlikely but it will suck to be stuck with a older phone for a long period of time when the S8s are not too far away. Maybe Samsung will do something right by the Note 7 owners and offer the S7 or S7E at lower prices to keep customers.

Current thinking is no updates for a dead in the water phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49