T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Just heard in another forum that Samsung is saying they will be available for exchange by end of this week. (Their end of week is Sunday) Anyone else hear anything?
Someone on the Best Buy thread said their Best Buy told them to come tomorrow to exchange their Note 7. Of course the BB Rep could have been wrong, but telling customers to come in on a certain day to exchange them for the new Note 7, you would think that would be confirmed information.

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what this means but I pulled it directly from T-Mobiles website. I don't have a note 7 but I have being staying up to date on what's going on because my wife does.

Don't know if this is for replacements due to the recall or when it will go back on sale officially.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160909/e6f7c796bbe067105a8d750cdd4f61cf.jpg
That should be for new orders and shipping dates when not in stock are estimates. It was the same with pre-orders a a then people would order dates would change back and forth and people that ordered a few days before shipping, shipped the same time as people that ordered just minutes after pre-orders started.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
That should be for new orders and shipping dates when not in stock are estimates. It was the same with pre-orders a a then people would order dates would change back and forth and people that ordered a few days before shipping, shipped the same time as people that ordered just minutes after pre-orders started.
Got it, my wife DOES NOT want to let her note go but it looks like she may have no choice.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
If you read what the CPSC just said they are not even sure the new units will be ok to sell

Has gone from bad to worse rather quickly

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
my coworker who ordered directly from samsung.com just got his phone today... This leads me to think that the new units will start trickling in as I'm sure this is from the new batches. It also leads me to think that s Samsung knew about this much earlier than we thought

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Basically now know one should be thinking of keeping any old Note 7's

I would even bet samsung and carriers will block all IMEI of the defective phones.
Well. Highly doubt the blocking of all imei. That's like getting all the Polaris ranger recall and having a random guy go to their house and towing them out. Just saying.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
my coworker who ordered directly from samsung.com just got his phone today... This leads me to think that the new units will start trickling in as I'm sure this is from the new batches. It also leads me to think that s Samsung knew about this much earlier than we thought
Hey can u ask if the box by the bar code has a black square and a sticker with a letter S on it?.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Just on my local news here in Florida Note catches fire in persons pocket at a Costco.

Person injured taken to hospital.

Holy Crap this is 2 miles down the road from me.

I think this is wayyyyyyy worse then we all know

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I just returned my device this morning. It's basically a cluster. They have a paper that gives them all the steps necessary to complete the process, and most of the steps assume that the customer has an EIP. I bought mine outright. They refunded the entire amount. From what i was told, the exchange would be handled just like any other exchange, but I don't think they are refunding your card and then recharging the new device. It's an even swap. But who knows, it's T-Mobile, so the entire process could have been changed since I left the store 2 hours ago. By the way, I was there for 1 hour and 20 minutes for just a return. I can't wait to see what it's like once they get devices in.

Yea took about 30 minutes for them to do mine. They have to do some weird math to recalculate the sales tax "stupid". They ended up shorting me about $5.40 cents and told me the sales tax online is different than our city. So they gave me a $5 bill credit and I kept the headphones. :)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Samsung has just said CPSC MUST APPROVE THE NEW DEVICE

Guys i have a feeling we will not be seeing the new Note 7 anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21