T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Im using an S7 I still have I was going to sell. The tiny screen is driving me crazy. Apparently it is because it is backordered 3 weeks is why it won't let me select the option to pick up for the iphone. FML.

Maybe it's a sign to hold onto my Note 7 to swap. Is the Edge S7 still a modern phone or better to stick with my Note a bit longer?

LOL...well I do agree with you there. I'd have a tough time going down to an S7 size. Have you considered a Nexus 6P?

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Im trying to order the 7 plus and shipping is 2-3 weeks and with ground I wouldn't get it until early oct. Anyways it won't let me select in store pickup when it comes in. What gives? Can someone help me out? I cant get anyone on live chat.
Apple is not doing in store reservations until mid October. They announced this a couple of days ago.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Apple is not doing in store reservations until mid October. They announced this a couple of days ago.

Yea It looks thats way. My dad talked me out of getting an Iphone anyways saying I'd be mad like I was when I had it 6 years ago and the performance and said stick to the Note or exchange for S7 edge.

Since the Edge is easier to obtain via overnight shipping if worse case store doesn't have it, should I wait a couple more weeks then and see if the Note is released before jumping to the Edge? Then in April next year I'll get the new Edge Plus that is rumored. HOWEVER no more pre ordering again for me. I will wait a month or two to make sure something like this doesn't happen again.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Yea It looks thats way. My dad talked me out of getting an Iphone anyways saying I'd be mad like I was when I had it 6 years ago and the performance and said stick to the Note or exchange for S7 edge.

Since the Edge is easier to obtain via overnight shipping if worse case store doesn't have it, should I wait a couple more weeks then and see if the Note is released before jumping to the Edge? Then in April next year I'll get the new Edge Plus that is rumored. HOWEVER no more pre ordering again for me. I will wait a month or two to make sure something like this doesn't happen again.
Honestly I'd just go right now and swap it out for a Edge, I'm sure your store has them. They aren't exactly hard to get these days. Then you can just stop worrying. That's what I and others have decided to do today. It's not worth all of the Hassel for a phone that we all know at this point is dead in the water. It's reputation is ruined.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Honestly I'd just go right now and swap it out for a Edge, I'm sure your store has them. They aren't exactly hard to get these days. Then you can just stop worrying. That's what I and others have decided to do today. It's not worth all of the Hassel for a phone that we all know at this point is dead in the water. It's reputation is ruined.

This is probably the best advice. If after 2 weeks the Edge doesn't work for you, go back to the Note after this mess is hopefully over. In 2 or 3 weeks we should at least have some clarity on the Note situation. No need to drive yourself mad.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Do you think that the S7 Edge will get an update on the AOD similar to the Note 7? Apparently unless you use regular text messaging it won't notify you of WhatsApp messages or go SMS or tetra etc etc.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
This is probably the best advice. If after 2 weeks the Edge doesn't work for you, go back to the Note after this mess is hopefully over. In 2 or 3 weeks we should at least have some clarity on the Note situation. No need to drive yourself mad.

I still have my regular s7 I'm using so my situation isn't dire like some on here who only have a Note and end up having to use a POS loaner like J7 so I can hold off and just get the transaction done all at once at a tmobile store and walk out with the edge or worse case order one to my house.

Also I have to order a defender style case for it first. Tmobile doesn't sell the defender and Best buy 30 miles from me is the closest one who has it, or order a generic defender case off Amazon.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Do you think that the S7 Edge will get an update on the AOD similar to the Note 7? Apparently unless you use regular text messaging it won't notify you of WhatsApp messages or go SMS or tetra etc etc.

Good point and why I want to try holding out a bit longer before getting an edge.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site

Yes, I believe that it will, at some point. I don't find that to be a huge deal though. I mean yeah its noticeable right away but I've had the Edge now for like, 2 hours and its fine now.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I will say this though, my experience today was that it indeed had to be returned and then done as a repurchase - I had to give up my JOD because I was out of upgrades, so I got switched over to regular Jump - Not what I wanted but I was too tired to even care at that point. I did have to pay the tax on the Edge but I called TMO customer service and they were more than happy to just give me back that money as a bill credit - so that was a wash out. The lady at Tmobile gave me a free LED Wallet case AND fast wireless charger to compensate for my trouble, so that was cool. I still get to keep the Gear Fit 2 that I got with my Note, and now I was able to order a free 256 gig SD card ($200 value) with the new Samsung promotion they just stated for S7 and S7 Edge purchases.

So basically, I had to go from Note 7 to Edge 7 - basically its the same phone minus the S pen and USB C - I technically didn't pay anything and what I got out of the deal (for free) is a Fast Wireless Charger, LED Wallet Case, Gear Fit 2, and 256 gig SD card. That's more than fair for the trouble this situation caused.

So I mean, yeah, part of this has been a huge inconvenience, but I'm overall happy with the Edge 7 and I do feel like both Samsung and T-Mobile did everything that they could do to make this right. So I'm fine at this point.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Is it a huge difference between the edge and the Note 7? I never used the Spen on the Note 7.

I don't find it to be. I have already noticed that the battery life is definitely noticeably better on the Edge, believe it or not. Its a 5.5 inch screen vs a 5.7...hardly noticeable unless you're using both devices side by side. S Pen i never used anyway.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't find it to be. I have already noticed that the battery life is definitely noticeably better on the Edge, believe it or not. Its a 5.5 inch screen vs a 5.7...hardly noticeable unless you're using both devices side by side. S Pen i never used anyway.
Hmm this is definitely something I might do then. Especially since the OtterBox defender case is out for this one. With the Note 7 I was really paranoid all the time because I couldn't use a decent protector for the screen and the cases they have seemed aesthetic than useful.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Fortunately, I never returned our Note5's. I popped my Note7 into mine this morning and it's good to go.
I had to call Thursday to get them to stop billing my JOD for them. I told them we didn't return them yet due to the recall the prior week.

Last edited:

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I will say this though, my experience today was that it indeed had to be returned and then done as a repurchase - I had to give up my JOD because I was out of upgrades, so I got switched over to regular Jump - Not what I wanted but I was too tired to even care at that point. I did have to pay the tax on the Edge but I called TMO customer service and they were more than happy to just give me back that money as a bill credit - so that was a wash out. The lady at Tmobile gave me a free LED Wallet case AND fast wireless charger to compensate for my trouble, so that was cool. I still get to keep the Gear Fit 2 that I got with my Note, and now I was able to order a free 256 gig SD card ($200 value) with the new Samsung promotion they just stated for S7 and S7 Edge purchases.

So basically, I had to go from Note 7 to Edge 7 - basically its the same phone minus the S pen and USB C - I technically didn't pay anything and what I got out of the deal (for free) is a Fast Wireless Charger, LED Wallet Case, Gear Fit 2, and 256 gig SD card. That's more than fair for the trouble this situation caused.

So I mean, yeah, part of this has been a huge inconvenience, but I'm overall happy with the Edge 7 and I do feel like both Samsung and T-Mobile did everything that they could do to make this right. So I'm fine at this point.

Does tmobile store sell S7 edge Otterbox Defender case? They don't list it on their website. best buy 30 miles from only place I know of who does.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Does tmobile store sell S7 edge Otterbox Defender case? They don't list it on their website. best buy 30 miles from only place I know of who does.

No, I didn't see them, but they did have a pretty decent selection of cases. They are definitely overpriced there, I only took it because they comped me for it (and thats definitely probably a store by store thing). You can price match with Amazon at Best Buy, I do it all the time and always get my stuff there at the Amazon price, which is always quite a bit lower. BB has a great price match policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech