T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I got the s7 edge and just realized these people put a 555 dollar bill credit on my account. Wtf. I better not get screwed over with anything later.
They did the same to my account. It's a temp adjustment to process the loaner order through. My JOD is still in place and only this that changed is the new order for the loaner. They did say not to be concerned with the loaner phone and getting anything cosmetic wrong with it. Samsung is covering all the devices they are loaning out. Only caveat is if I lose the phone. Then a claim would have to be made.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
They did the same to my account. It's a temp adjustment to process the loaner order through. My JOD is still in place and only this that changed is the new order for the loaner. They did say not to be concerned with the loaner phone and getting anything cosmetic wrong with it. Samsung is covering all the devices they are loaning out. Only caveat is if I lose the phone. Then a claim would have to be made.
It's not a loaner though. I want to keep it. I told them that.

hypnospastic

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I just called the 844 number and wasted 30 more minutes of my time so now I am up to nearly 4 hours gone.

The rep wasn't aware that T-Mobile is doing loaners over the phone. He stated i would have to pay tax and down payment and that it would be 5-7 days for it to process. Required a credit card and said the manager "may" process the order. Said I would have to pay for overnight or next business day shipping. Told me that what information I read him would require "exceptions".

I went to the two closest stores yesterday and neither could/would help me and one store made me feel like I was a huge inconvenience over the whole thing. I'm super frustrated now and not sure how to proceed.....but I canceled the request because I am not paying for anything as this is something we are being required/forced to do.

Kyd justus

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
46a68e5057f87dcf0bfbf296dfa0cdb0.jpg

So..... I just called the number provided, that says call us today and we'll ship you a loaner device..... Yeah, don't call today, rep said the number is only available during regular business hours. Yesterday got an email to power down and stop using my Note 7. Obviously their not to concerned!

jvm1982

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I've given up at this point and am keeping my Note until there is a replacement. This is 3 hours of my life I'm not getting back. Every person has a different answer and it changes every 5 minutes.

Yep... I am right here too. I talked to 7 different representatives yesterday (Twitter, Phone, Online Chat, Store, ETC) and was told 7 different things. They ranged from "We can only do a full refund and you can pick something from the store." "We can't guarantee that if you get a different phone you will be able to get a Note 7." "It's okay for you to use your Note 7 until the exchanges come it." Samsung has done a GREAT job of trying to get ahead of this and do as much damage control as they can. T-Mobile, not so much. When I talk to people and get a straight answer then I'll look into taking it back. Until then I'll wait.

sincere11105

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Well, I think I've decided to give in and just exchange this for a G7E. I'm disappointed and feel like I'm being forced to do it by pressureing companies, but I honestly feel like the Note 7 is doomed so there's really no point in trying to make it work. I'll use G7E until S8 comes out and then jump to that.
Same here. I just got the s7e and really miss the note. I'll hold on until the next note

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
These guys at T mobile don't know what is going on. Called the number this AM cause I was traveling all day yesterday. I had to point the representative to the page because of course they were not made aware that loaners were now being provided. She then spoke with her supervisor about how to proceed and told me that she made notes in my account, that I had to go into a local store, and they would give me a S7 loaner if they had it in stock. If not, that is when I could pick anything else in their inventory like an S7 edge or whatever and they would give me that. I was just like WTF, and let it go then. I think I will call back later and just be like my local store told me no. Wish they could get their act together on this.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
For those that have a new S7 Edge on the way, did you have to sign a new EIP? If so, what does it say? I won't have access to a computer for a couple days, but I'm also not liking the idea of signing another EIP.
So I did have to sign an eip. It came bout an hour after I posted.
I just got off the phone with the 877 number. At first they were giving me a hard time about shipping me a loaner and wasn't really being very nice at all. Then all of a sudden she put me on hold. When she came back she was much nicer and took my info to ship a s7 edge loaner. Not sure if a supervisor overheard her or what, but her tone and demeanor did a 180 in the blink of an eye.

Side note: I'm just realizing how bad audio is on the Note even using headphones. I put my sim back in my Robin. Listening to the same tracks using the same headphones, the Robin is so much louder and much more clear.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I talked to the local T-mobile store and they said not to return them there. They need to be sent back in. They said they're not a corporate store, so they are not supposed to take them. I guess I'll be calling corporate again just to make sure I am not getting billed extra in the meantime.

tripleblaze

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
The variety of experiences that are being discussed here is crazy. I called the 844 number around midnight Central time last night and the rep picked up the call within a few seconds. I mentioned that I have a Note 7 and would like a loaner phone. The rep happily agreed and asked what phone that I would like to have. They did not ask for credit card info and said that the loaner phone would in no way affect my JOD plan. The entire call took no more than 5 minutes and they apologized several times for any inconvenience that I have experienced as a result of this recall. On conclusion of the call I received a text message confirming our call.
However... my concern right now is that I have not received any emails as of yet regarding EIP or anything of the sort. I was assuming that was probably because the loaner phone wouldn't likely ship until Monday, but other users here are reporting that they received an email within an hour of talking to a rep. IMO the best case scenario would have been to simply swap my Note 7 for another one directly, but it doesn't look like that is likely to happen within the original 2 week window that Samsung originally quoted so that is why I caved and finally called T-Mobile.

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
The variety of experiences that are being discussed here is crazy. I called the 844 number around midnight Central time last night and the rep picked up the call within a few seconds. I mentioned that I have a Note 7 and would like a loaner phone. The rep happily agreed and asked what phone that I would like to have. They did not ask for credit card info and said that the loaner phone would in no way affect my JOD plan. The entire call took no more than 5 minutes and they apologized several times for any inconvenience that I have experienced as a result of this recall. On conclusion of the call I received a text message confirming our call.
However... my concern right now is that I have not received any emails as of yet regarding EIP or anything of the sort. I was assuming that was probably because the loaner phone wouldn't likely ship until Monday, but other users here are reporting that they received an email within an hour of talking to a rep. IMO the best case scenario would have been to simply swap my Note 7 for another one directly, but it doesn't look like that is likely to happen within the original 2 week window that Samsung originally quoted so that is why I caved and finally called T-Mobile.
I got my email right away for the loaner phone. I would follow up with regular customer service to make sure the order was pushed thru. They won't ship the phone until you confirm via email.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
This is getting so complicated I'm just going to hold onto my Note 7 until there's plenty in stock locally so I can just swap out for another Note 7.

hypnospastic

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
So I reached out to the 844 number again and this time, it was as smooth as butter. My loaner (S7 Edge) is on the way and I was informed i would not incur any charges and that I retain priority as an original owner once the new N7s are sent out. I do not know why it has to be so complicated but glad it's addressed.

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Really wierd I should have checked my bill yesterday. They gave me the old bill nothing with the s7 edge eip on it. I checked online and it shows my bill. Odd that they didn't maybe they can print it out for me in store. I'm really worried that the billing is going to be screwed up with eip interm s7 edge and when new note 7 comes in when all is said and done.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

So they shipped you the loaner and what do you do with your Note 7? Bring it to store?

tripleblaze

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
So they shipped you the loaner and what do you do with your Note 7? Bring it to store?

I asked if I would just turn in the old Note 7 along with the loaner phone to my local store when the new Note 7 shows up and the rep confirmed this to be the case. I wouldn't be surprised if that information changes sometime between now and when the new Note 7 shows up.

CardsFan80

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Sooooooo here's my experience so far:
-Went to a T-Mobile store yesterday that is not the one I received my phone from. I was told I "have to go to the store that I received my phone at." The lady then rudely tells me that "I will have to use a JUMP in order to move to another phone." I try to explain to her what T-Mo officially sent out yesterday, but she isn't hearing it. As I'm walking out, a lady walks in w/ her Note 7 to exchange. The lady tells her she "has to call the customer care number, or use 611 as they cannot do in store exchanges." So I turn around, walk back up to the counter and ask the employee if thats true, then why send me across town to the store I received my phone at? Why not tell me that then? She says it "varies by store." The customer that came in after me gets irate pretty quickly, and the employee calls customer care. I leave, not sure how the rest of her experience went.

-I go to the store I received my phone from. The guy clearly acts clueluess about the whole thing. Says he "never heard of this", which I tell him that's his prerogative, but he's heard of it now. He says he has to call his manager, but if she does not answer, there's not much he can do because he does not have the authorization to handle this. I ask him what exactly he does have the authorization to handle? The manager answers, and relays that I cannot exchange in store, I have to exchange over the phone (I'm thinking the same number I'm seeing listed in the threads here). I then load up the webpage from T-Mo where in writing, it says to call, or exchange in store. The employee ends up giving me his phone to talk w/ his manager. She goes on to explain customers are being told one thing, the stores are being told another. Their store is not an "authorized" store, so the stock they carry is not affiliated w/ the main corporate end. I ask her if thats the case, then how can they sell T-Mobile phones in the first place? And why does it say T-Mobile on the store sign then? Sounds like the run-around to me, and basically your telling me to leave the store with a device that not only has Samsung recalled, but so has the US Government. She then plays dumb, just as the employee did, and says that this is the first they are hearing about it.

So, I left, and I'm debating on even calling this number to even attempt to try. What a complete mess. This is in the St. Louis area BTW.

EDIT:

Ok, so I called the number, and it took all of 5 minutes. The lady was extremely helpful, she logged into my acct, verified the Note7, and then asked me which phone I would like to replace it with. I told her a regular S7 is fine, I just want to be able to move my sim and SD card without much hassle. She said that was no problem, and put the order in. She said an email would be coming to verify shortly, but she will have this processed today, shipped tomorrow, and I should receive my loaner on Tuesday. I asked her exactly what the process going forward is, she said I will receive my S7 loaner, and that my lease on the Note 7 will be put on hold. Once they receive the replacement phones, my replacement Note 7 will be shipped to my house, and I use that box to return my loaner phone, and my current Note 7. If I decide that I want to keep the S7, I just need to call the number back, let them know, and they will just add that to the plan and I ship the Note 7 back.

So, hope this helps anyone who is wondering. I spoke with an Angela if you want to try by name.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan