T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Relax.

Use the supplied charger or go wireless charge like me.

And use the phone as normal, when the replacements come in, swap out.

If you are the type that BATHE in anti-microbial soap 3x a day, swap it out now for a loaner S7.

I plan on using my phone until the replacements come in and then I will do a swap out. The news of massive loss of life and property associated to the device....well, if you believe the media, that is your problem. I have never seen such mamby-pamby crying. I never had a iPhone, did they go thru this two years ago? We have become fragile snowflakes.

I'm also using my two note 7's til the new ones come in.

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I agree, they will extend it. I can see them for liability reasons send a out OTA that nerf's all the suspect devices, and pass out the ID's to the carriers so they can not be activated.

But once the replacements come in.

So I will continue to enjoy an use THE MOST DANGEROUS PHONE ON THE PLANET

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
On a side note - I moved over a copy of last weeks Bucs @ Falcons NFL game - FULL HD @ 60fps

OMG it looks so nice on that Note 7 screen! Needless to say I've made a ton of gif's out of it.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I called one of the local T-Mobile stores and ask about if I decided to return my loaner phone and get something new other than the note7 they did not see any reason to have any upfront costs involved in that because of the issues with the note7. Of course they're like others have said you'll hear a different explanation depending on who and where you talk to people at

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I've never been involved with a recall on a high-end phone before so I am just a bit skeptical on whether Samsung will fix the issue and there will be no further issues with the note7 once it's been rebuilt

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I called one of the local T-Mobile stores and ask about if I decided to return my loaner phone and get something new other than the note7 they did not see any reason to have any upfront costs involved in that because of the issues with the note7. Of course they're like others have said you'll hear a different explanation depending on who and where you talk to people at

You have to take what you hear from the front rank of employees for all the carriers. They are not being jerks. They are just not informed until the last moment. And then you toss in all the Fragile Snowflakes asking if the phone will kill them and their family not to mention half the neighborhood.
I used to work for Customer Service, a truly thankless job. This day in age, everyone is going to try to capitalize and demand FREE this and FREE that and then pitch a fit when declined.

I think it is safe to say that those that stay up to date in forums like this are more INFORMED than they are.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
You have to take what you hear from the front rank of employees for all the carriers. They are not being jerks. They are just not informed until the last moment. And then you toss in all the Fragile Snowflakes asking if the phone will kill them and their family not to mention half the neighborhood.
I used to work for Customer Service, a truly thankless job. This day in age, everyone is going to try to capitalize and demand FREE this and FREE that and then pitch a fit when declined.

I think it is safe to say that those that stay up to date in forums like this are more INFORMED than they are.

You ain't lying either I've worked retail before and you can't win with some people.

CardsFan80

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Well, my S7 is here. Its tiny, and I already know I am going to miss this big screen.

I'm going to hold onto this loaner until we hear something from Samsung. If we don't hear anything by Nov. 1st, I am giving up the ghost and will probably just get a Note 5 on the cheap.

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I've never been involved with a recall on a high-end phone before so I am just a bit skeptical on whether Samsung will fix the issue and there will be no further issues with the note7 once it's been rebuilt

Every smart phone has "issues". No matter how good they are, there will be something. It all depends if that "something" prevents you from enjoying and using the device. The Note 7 is my 4th Note series phone, and I have to say they all have been great devices. The last one my Note 5, was good, its issue was the lack of expandable memory. Trying to live off the cloud works ok if you are in a strong LTE signal area.

The Note 7's features that I love are...
  • Water Resistance
  • Wireless Charging
  • KNOX for work
  • Secure Folder for....can't really say :p
  • Iris and Figerprint Scanner
  • Awsome camera
  • Beautiful Screen
  • S-Pen!

No other device out there has these features.

Last edited:

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I wonder if they can force hundreds of people to do that? Plus, how can personnel tell the difference between a note 7 and an S7? That's going to be interesting...

We went to NY last weekend for the memorial ceremonies at the National September 11 Memorial & Museum. I rode NJ Transit and the Path Trains, rode the subways as well since we were there the whole weekend. Even used the phone to purchase tickets and present our tickets through the NJT app to the conductors. I was watching movies on the train. I carried a Jackberry portable battery on my bag and charge the phone with it. Used the phone non-stop throughout the weekend. On the way back home another guy who went to see the US Open, was literally charging his Note 7 on one of the train's outlet. We made jokes about the phone. He too is riding it out until he gets a replacement.
The Path and Subway trains you insert your metro pass at the gates. There's no personnel that checks on passengers aboard the train. NJ Transit, maybe, since there's conductors checking on tickets on board. But I doubt they'll have time to check on phones.20160911_210246.jpg

dario12v

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Question... Can I get a loaner s7e and keep my note 7 also (until replacements come in) or would I have to send it back right away
I want that 256gb SD card promo
Missed it... First time around
NOT willing to part with my note 7 until I have new note 7 replacement

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I should've done that, but I was in a rush to return the Note 7 and thought I was sticking with the Note 5. They didn't mention ahead of time it was a loaner phone (note 5). I did get a $10 Samsung gift card using the Note 5 so that's something at least

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Question... Can I get a loaner s7e and keep my note 7 also (until replacements come in) or would I have to send it back right away
I kept mine and was told to power it down. When the Note replacements are available I'll get instructions on what to do with my recalled Note. I did mine through the 844 number.

CardsFan80

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site

You should. Here is how my process went:

-Called the number that was in the thread, and the customer service representative verified my account, and asked me what device I want to replace my Note 7 until the replacement Note 7 is sent. I told her the S7 is fine, she told me an EIP is coming to sign, but it is not being added to my bill. My payments for my current Note7 will stop until my replacement is in. In the meantime, I am to power down my Note 7 after I do the transfer to the S7. Once the replacement phones are in, they will ship me my replacement Note 7, with shipping labels for both the loaner S7 and the defective Note 7.

If I decide to keep the loaner S7, then I just call them back and let them know. They will credit my payments so far on the Note 7 so the S7 and then start the lease backdating to when I got the Note 7.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Well I called the tmobile store to see if they got a shipment of edges in so I can go and return my Note 7. Guy says let me check, and I end up on hold for 15 minutes (not really on hold because I could hear other people talking) I just gave up and hung up. I'm going to call another store 30 miles away and see if they have them.

My big concern is sept 30th is the final deadline to get a refund and I end up getting stuck with a $930 brick. If I get nowhere might call Samsung about swapping it out through them for an S7 edge and just bite the cost difference. Really getting aggravated.

dario12v

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
You should. Here is how my process went:

-Called the number that was in the thread, and the customer service representative verified my account, and asked me what device I want to replace my Note 7 until the replacement Note 7 is sent. I told her the S7 is fine, she told me an EIP is coming to sign, but it is not being added to my bill. My payments for my current Note7 will stop until my replacement is in. In the meantime, I am to power down my Note 7 after I do the transfer to the S7. Once the replacement phones are in, they will ship me my replacement Note 7, with shipping labels for both the loaner S7 and the defective Note 7.

If I decide to keep the loaner S7, then I just call them back and let them know. They will credit my payments so far on the Note 7 so the S7 and then start the lease backdating to when I got the Note 7.

Hey thanks a lot.
What's that phone number I have to call again?

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
For those of you wondering: I placed my order with TMO (844 number) for an S7 Edge Monday afternoon around 4pm CST. Received the email with my EIP at about 6:30pm. Notified Wednesday at noon CST that my order had shipped and that I can expect it within 48 hours. All said from start to finish I expect to have a new phone in my hands on Friday, so a total of five business days wait time from order to delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.