T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I just talked to T-Force on Twitter. They told me current Note owners would get dibs on the replacements. We'd get a text on how to proceed. She said the new one would be shipped to me with a return label for the loaner and recalled device. No bothering with a retail location at all. Sounds good to me!
They told me the exact same thing.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I called T-Mobile this morning to try and set up having a replacement Note 7 mailed to me and that rep said that I will have to go into a retail store to do the exchange and turn in my loaner. Kind of bummed because that will just add to the amount of time I have to spend there compared to just going in and dropping them off. Obviously this info may vary depending on which rep you talk to but it's what I was told this morning. The only reason I can think they wouldn't ship to individuals it is cuts down on time for them to get the units out; as in just put a bunch on a pallet and send them to a store instead of having to package each one individually and create labels for them.
I hope T-Force was right and the rep you spoke to is wrong. I live pretty far from a retail store and am currently working 6 days a week. There's no way I'm driving to a store on my one day off.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I hope T-Force was right and the rep you spoke to is wrong. I live pretty far from a retail store and am currently working 6 days a week. There's no way I'm driving to a store on my one day off.

Do they know you want one and have it shipped? I was looking in the Note 5 section and someone likes the Note 5 better. They returned to the Note 5 when they had to stop using the N7 and may not go back.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Do they know you want one and have it shipped? I was looking in the Note 5 section and someone likes the Note 5 better. They returned to the Note 5 when they had to stop using the N7 and may not go back.
That might have been me, or perhaps a few of us. Now though I've been debating and I want my Note 7 back

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
They haven't shipped one yet. I'm definitely on their list that I signed up for to get a replacement though.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I just talked to T-Force on Twitter. They told me current Note owners would get dibs on the replacements. We'd get a text on how to proceed. She said the new one would be shipped to me with a return label for the loaner and recalled device. No bothering with a retail location at all. Sounds good to me!
That irritates me because I was told less than a week ago that it wouldn't matter. That's the main reason I returned ours.

Mark Valentine

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, I received a call from my local T-Mo store this morning. The person I always deal with there told me that they received some Coral Blue Note 7s that are replacement phones. She also told me that they would be receiving more units on the 21st as well. I decided to factory reset my current Note 7, box it all up, and swap it out. I literally just stopped by and exchanged it for a new one. Since I was in a bit of a hurry, I didn't even bother to fiddle around with the new one. Plus I'm still using my Note 5 as we speak. I really didn't see a reason to bother with it at the time. So I tossed it in my backpack and continued on with my day. I got home several hours later and decided to pull the box out. I didn't even break the seal on it yet because I caught a glimpse of the label on the box. I called the store and spoke to the girl about the phone. I told her that it's one of the devices that Samsung has recalled, given the date on the label. But she stated that these were devices that Samsung just sent back to their store. She even reassured me that they wouldn't even be allowed to sell them if they weren't cleared, but either way I can still exchange it again for another one on the 21st. I honestly believe that my first Note 7 wasn't defective because out of 1 million devices in the US, the percentage is miniscule. I may just play around with this new one and exchange it anyways.

Attachments

• 20160916_134023.jpg
    20160916_134023.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 93

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, I received a call from my local T-Mo store this morning. The person I always deal with there told me that they received some Coral Blue Note 7s that are replacement phones. She also told me that they would be receiving more units on the 21st as well. I decided to factory reset my current Note 7, box it all up, and swap it out. I literally just stopped by and exchanged it for a new one. Since I was in a bit of a hurry, I didn't even bother to fiddle around with the new one. Plus I'm still using my Note 5 as we speak. I really didn't see a reason to bother with it at the time. So I tossed it in my backpack and continued on with my day. I got home several hours later and decided to pull the box out. I didn't even break the seal on it yet because I caught a glimpse of the label on the box. I called the store and spoke to the girl about the phone. I told her that it's one of the devices that Samsung has recalled, given the date on the label. But she stated that these were devices that Samsung just sent back to their store. She even reassured me that they wouldn't even be allowed to sell them if they weren't cleared, but either way I can still exchange it again for another one on the 21st. I honestly believe that my first Note 7 wasn't defective because out of 1 million devices in the US, the percentage is miniscule. I may just play around with this new one and exchange it anyways.
Hmm Im checking tmobile stores tomorrow morning......

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I don't get it I called T-Mobile 3 times and they said they aren't shipping Note 7's out. They have to be traded in store. I would prefer for mine to be shipped out......than sitting in the store waiting for Smart switch to work....Ugh!

Mark Valentine

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Well I'm from California, and I'm not entirely sure if the new replacement I got today was actually passed by Samsung. Or if it is merely just confusion on my local stores part. Wouldn't the label look different compared to the one I posted? It's the same looking label that my other Note 7 box had. IIRC, shouldn't there be a black square or "S" sticker on the upper right-hand corner?

purplekiss23

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm from California, and I'm not entirely sure if the new replacement I got today was actually passed by Samsung. Or if it is merely just confusion on my local stores part. Wouldn't the label look different compared to the one I posted? It's the same looking label that my other Note 7 box had. IIRC, shouldn't there be a black square or "S" sticker on the upper right-hand corner?

Here i hope this helps! Galaxy Note7 Safety Recall and Exchange Program

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Check the IMEI on the recall site....
Looks the same as the Blue one my coworker got last week... Same production date

Status
Not open for further replies.