T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I went to the store and they were completely clueless. No surprise. They said their manager wasn't allowing them to sell. So I called the 844 number again as a last ditch effort and low and behold they have my new Note 7 being shipped to the store now. Just got the text and email. So I'll have a to wait a couple more days I suppose but that's okay.
So, it sounds like they are processing orders over the phone now? When I called last night, they made it sound like going to the store was my only option.

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The new one i got is very snappy....but I can see the battery life won't be the greatest. I'm already at 70% from just a morning meeting n text messages. Normally from 100% i would be barely at 85% with the supposedly bad one. It does take longer to charge even with a fast charger. Also the icon isnt turning green when fully charged, its still red on mine. N i let it sit there fod awhile.

Did you do the update? You should receive an update from T-Mobile T-Mobile.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The new one I got is very snappy....but I can see the battery life won't be the greatest. I'm already at 70% from just a morning meeting n text messages. Normally from 100% I would be barely at 85% with the supposedly bad one. It does take longer to charge even with a fast charger. Also the icon isn't turning green when fully charged, it's still red on mine. N I let it sit there for awhile.

Not enough time to actually determine battery life...give it a few days and a few charges before determining battery life. I notice it takes a few days for the note to settle down before you start seeing it's practical battery life.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
So, it sounds like they are processing orders over the phone now? When I called last night, they made it sound like going to the store was my only option.

I called last night round midnight eastern and they ordered mine for in store pickup with no problem. At least not yet. I got the processing text and email, but nothing about shipping. I'm not sure I will since it's going to a store. Probably just a text/email once it's there.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I called last night round midnight eastern and they ordered mine for in store pickup with no problem. At least not yet. I got the processing text and email, but nothing about shipping. I'm not sure I will since it's going to a store. Probably just a text/email once it's there.

You can get tracking information from T-Mobile through twitter once you get a notice that it's shipped....that's what I did

JessiLulu

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I just left my local T-Mobile. Horrible experience. I walked in and simply said "We are here to exchange our Note 7s." The lady instantly got an attitude and said "We have not been given the okay and I am not going to lose my job over a few minutes." Excuse me.... I never asked you to lose your job. You could simply tell me you are not able to do so yet. I had never seen this lady in the store before so must be new. I wish I had gotten her name.... She said I should have called. I told her I assumed it would be okay considering the official press release. She told me "well, every carrier is different." I responded with "I understand, but this is the official T-Mobile release." She told me to call back at 12, but I told her no, that's okay, I will go to another store. Waiting on the other store to open in 15 minutes.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I've gotten the order processing text and email. I'm gonna call when it is delivered to the store.

Good luck my friend. Let me know how it goes.
Got here about 30 minutes early, the line has started. I'm 1st but couple other people just pulled up. Employees just walked in. They know they are in for long day.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

Last night when I called the 844 number they told me only option I had to go into the store.

I am going to call back now and tell them ship me one to the store. I am not going to wait there for hours for clueless workers

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
One store told me they can't waive the down pmt and taxes. Other store contacting district manager about that and will call back. I have 2 other local stores to call - one store yesterday confirmed they can and will waive everything up front so anyone needing their replacement Note 7 can walk out with no cost up front

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
One store told me they can't waive the down pmt and taxes. Other store contacting district manager about that and will call back. I have 2 other local stores to call - one store yesterday confirmed they can and will waive everything up front so anyone needing their replacement Note 7 can walk out with no cost up front
I'm confirming this info before Stepping into any store, picking the store with the most updated info so it's a quicker smoother process

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I called up the Downtown Minneapolis store and they had three new Note7's in but they were all blue (mine is silver). I called up the 844 number and had no issue getting through and was very quickly able to get my replacement sent out. I am excited to get my new Note7! I have the S7 Edge right now and really don't think the quality is even close to the Note7.....

Status
Not open for further replies.