T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
They do it (no tracking number, USPS) mostly with JUMP device returns.....
I guess it's pretty good that I'm paranoid then and video the whole transaction as I'm putting it in the envelope and then handing it to the post office clerk. That way I have video proof that I sent it in LOL!

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
But not a lot who have a recalled phone have attempted to exchange it.
I doubt it's an inventory problem or they wouldn't sell them to new customers.
They probably see that and their inventory is piling up with new shipments. They need to do something.

If someone hasn't got a recall exchange, why not? What are these people waiting for? They can go in today and get a phone, most likely. Or first thing tomorrow morning.

I am kinda hoping that's the case, My wife has been trying to get her phone exchanged since they released the replacements, the TMO stores near Whittier, Ca have not had enough devices to swap everyone out. (I even called their 844 number last week for her and tried to get some assistance but there were no phones available and we were told that they are not shipping to the store for you any more)

Cheers,
BR

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I am kinda hoping that's the case, My wife has been trying to get her phone exchanged since they released the replacements, the TMO stores near Whittier, Ca have not had enough devices to swap everyone out. (I even called their 844 number last week for her and tried to get some assistance but there were no phones available and we were told that they are not shipping to the store for you any more)

Cheers,
BR
Yea I had to call around to several local stores when I got mine. They were going fast

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I guess it's pretty good that I'm paranoid then and video the whole transaction as I'm putting it in the envelope and then handing it to the post office clerk. That way I have video proof that I sent it in LOL!
Then the video stops and the clerk hands you your phone back.
If I was defending the receiving party, I don't think that would hold up.
Can't you pay a little money to get a tracking number or something if people are that worried about it?

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
But not a lot who have a recalled phone have attempted to exchange it.
I doubt it's an inventory problem or they wouldn't sell them to new customers.
They probably see that and their inventory is piling up with new shipments. They need to do something.

If someone hasn't got a recall exchange, why not? What are these people waiting for? They can go in today and get a phone, most likely. Or first thing tomorrow morning.
All stores within 20 miles of me are out of stock of replacements... I never initially went because they never had black and I'm not swapping colors but now they are all just OOS anf even T-Mobile of Facebook told me that they are having supply issues and to sit tight until new ones come in..

Guess no double dipping for me

What really sucks is that I'm getting charged for my Note 7 and G4 that they told me to hold on to until I got my replacement Note

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Can't you pay a little money to get a tracking number or something if people are that worried about it?
Yeah I'd probably just pay my own postage and just put their box in a box at this point... Way too much room for error

ticketbabe2

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
I don't intend on not using mine, either. I wonder if those few people that had that weird battery drain issue are at risk. The fast discharging as well as the ones that shut off at like 40%.
I have Verizon & had the 1st Note 7 about Aug 19 until receiving new one early Sept. Mine got pretty warm at times & completely discharged overnight after full charge & powered off. I kept it in an open cookie tin for safety & only charged nearby. The replacement has been wonderful, no issues..but I stopped charging while asleep. Good luck!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
What really sucks is that I'm getting charged for my Note 7 and G4 that they told me to hold on to until I got my replacement Note

Call them... they waived the EIP on the Note 7 while I waited for the replacement. I only had to pay for the phone (S7) that DIDN'T explode (which is going back tomorrow by the way)

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I actually tried that but they told me the information on the return label had to be showing in order for the package to be routed where it had to be and that I could not add another service on top of the prepaid label. I did not know what else to do other than to video the whole process of putting the phone in the box and then into the package and then handing it over to the clerk at the post office and me walking away. Yes, the clerk though I was nuts but I did not want to be held responsible for the device not getting back. I did not have an issue with it but I felt the video would help corroborate in case it was necessary.
Yeah I'd probably just pay my own postage and just put their box in a box at this point... Way too much room for error

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else still have a funny account balance. Mines about - $735. They still have an S6 edge plus eip on my account (never activated-promptky returned as soon as it arrived -went with N7 repl. Was told the eip should update by Friday. I just don't like wondering if I owe anything. Bill is due Oct 8 and of course with -735 it shows nothing due right now

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else still have a funny account balance. Mines about - $735. They still have an S6 edge plus eip on my account (never activated-promptky returned as soon as it arrived -went with N7 repl. Was told the eip should update by Friday. I just don't like wondering if I owe anything. Bill is due Oct 8 and of course with -735 it shows nothing due right now

I'm in the same boat, but mine shows -$3k and my bill is also due on the 9th, lol. The issue is I already had a $313 credit on my account, so it's a little confusing. Hope it gets straitened out soon.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Both I & my co-worker were told by T-Mobile reps when we exchanged our Note 7's that our bill would be messed up for 1-2 billing cycles, mine even more so because I did the exchange plus I had a loaner.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Yep, mine's still weird as well. The EIP for my loaner is cleared off my account but it shows $-800. My statement closes today or tomorrow so I guess I'll see what happens over the next couple of days.

c921

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Got my bill today. A whopping $1882!! My bill clearly shows I returned my loaner phone and original note 7 but they still charged me for those. They also charged me for upgrade and support charge (dunno what that's for) for $69. Tmobile better fix it because I thought I was over this mess already!

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
My wife was able to get her phone swapped yesterday (She got the last one the store had) Glad that's done. I really hope that TMO gets this sorted out for all the folks that have messed up bills quickly (That's not good service for customers and makes a bad situation even worse)

Cheers,
BR

THRILLHOUSE_ATX

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Received my latest bill and of course it's $100 more than it should be. Welp, time to hit up @TMobileHelp yet again...

Turned out $40 dollars were in "upgrade support charges" and $66 dollars were state and local tax fees. Obviously shouldn't have gotten billed for any of those since I wasn't "upgrading" to a new device. @TMobileHelp rep said these fees should be removed in the next 48 - 72 hours. As with everything during this process, we shall see...

Jimmy Bernstein

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Just got off phone and contrary to original plan, they said only replacement option is doing it in store and you have to walk into store with original phone powered down.
They were supposed to send me instructions on how to back up my info, but didn't. Could someone point me to something useful to accomplish that?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Just got off phone and contrary to original plan, they said only replacement option is doing it in store and you have to walk into store with original phone powered down.
They were supposed to send me instructions on how to back up my info, but didn't. Could someone point me to something useful to accomplish that?

I backed my recalled Note up through Samsung Cloud. I set my new Note up as new. Once all signed into everything I went to Cloud and accounts in Settings. Found the back up from my recalled Note and used that.

Status
Not open for further replies.