T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Did that method work for layout of homescreens?
(which seems to be the annoyingly missing piece of this process)

No. It did something really weird with my homescreens, but I can't remember exactly what it was. I wanna say it installed my 3rd party apps, but put all of them on various homescreens. I had to delete a bunch off my homescreens and redo all my folders.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Did that method work for layout of homescreens?
(which seems to be the annoyingly missing piece of this process)

No. It did something really weird with my homescreens, but I can't remember exactly what it was. I wanna say it installed my 3rd party apps, but put all of them on various homescreens. I had to delete a bunch off my homescreens and redo all my folders.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Now I see all carriers offering customers to return them. So far only tmobile is stating it must be within the 14 day buyer remorse period . Now, I'm sure if this turns into a recall, that 14day window and the terms of the return would change

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Now I see all carriers offering customers to return them. So far only tmobile is stating it must be within the 14 day buyer remorse period . Now, I'm sure if this turns into a recall, that 14day window and the terms of the return would change

AT&T never sold new ones, so they're only taking back the recall units. But the other carriers are still selling them.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

If it becomes an official recall they won't have a choice and you will be able to return it. They will get in deep doo-doo if they don't honor an official recall.

magia21

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey Mike! Just got this update, "Effective immediately, all customers with a Samsung Galaxy Note7, new or recalled, will be eligible to return the device to a T-Mobile Retail location and upgrade to a different device of their choice. Note7 devices will be accepted, regardless of condition or date of original purchase." *NoelleM

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey Mike! Just got this update, "Effective immediately, all customers with a Samsung Galaxy Note7, new or recalled, will be eligible to return the device to a T-Mobile Retail location and upgrade to a different device of their choice. Note7 devices will be accepted, regardless of condition or date of original purchase." *NoelleM

Where did this update come from?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
IF you ordered the phone and paid in whole don't expect to get your full refund for weeks. I returned mine sept 14th still waiting for a refund on my charge card. They only refunded the tax so far. Tforce said it might take up to 8 weeks from the time the warehouse scans it. total BS

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
So I finally got my replacement yesterday.... Took about 15 min and was a very simple swap.

The funny thing is that the girl who took my recalled Note7 put it back in the box POWERED ON lol. She said " I haven't been turning any of these off I hope that's not an issue hehe"

truegamergirl

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
I got mine off 3rd party. They hassled me said I couldnt do anything because I'm a prepaid customer and they need proof of purchase...Samsung took 3 weeks to return my calls.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
As I posted before, has anyone else got this BS about it can take up to EIGHT weeks to get your card refunded if you returned a Note 7 you pre ordered from them? 611 said up to 14 days, but then Tforce said up to 8 weeks. I decided to message them back to see if I would get a different response from someone else and here is their reply.

I've order many stuff before online and in store at various retailers and NEVER had to wait more than a week before it went back on my card.

Great question! So the long and short of it is even if the warehouse has received it, the sales tax has been refunded it can still take up to eight weeks for the refund take effect. I do apologize for any inconvenience this can cause. Please know that we are working hard to make sure you are taken care of as soon as we can!

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else still have a funny account balance. Mines about - $735. They still have an S6 edge plus eip on my account (never activated-promptky returned as soon as it arrived -went with N7 repl. Was told the eip should update by Friday. I just don't like wondering if I owe anything. Bill is due Oct 8 and of course with -735 it shows nothing due right now
I had that too until my new bill came in, and now it's normal 😕. It was around -$735

rhsortho

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
As I posted before, has anyone else got this BS about it can take up to EIGHT weeks to get your card refunded if you returned a Note 7 you pre ordered from them? 611 said up to 14 days, but then Tforce said up to 8 weeks. I decided to message them back to see if I would get a different response from someone else and here is their reply.

I've order many stuff before online and in store at various retailers and NEVER had to wait more than a week before it went back on my card.

Great question! So the long and short of it is even if the warehouse has received it, the sales tax has been refunded it can still take up to eight weeks for the refund take effect. I do apologize for any inconvenience this can cause. Please know that we are working hard to make sure you are taken care of as soon as we can!

I returned 2 note7s. 1 to the local store, took them over an hour to figure out how t process the transaction and took 2 days for the full refund to post to my cc. the other one I had tmo email a UPS label. took about a week in transit and a few days after that I was credited back. one phone was a preorder, the other was ordered the day before the recall was announced.
Eight weeks sounds extreme, and unacceptable. good luck!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I returned 2 note7s. 1 to the local store, took them over an hour to figure out how t process the transaction and took 2 days for the full refund to post to my cc. the other one I had tmo email a UPS label. took about a week in transit and a few days after that I was credited back. one phone was a preorder, the other was ordered the day before the recall was announced.
Eight weeks sounds extreme, and unacceptable. good luck!

Yea the local store I went to took them almost an hour. Luckily they had no other customers. Just over a week ago I got an email from tmobile saying they recieved my device at the warehouse and request a refund be issued. A couple days later I got the 80 dollars in taxes refunded onto my debit card. I'm wondering if the store screwed up something and that is why I have not got a refund for the device. All I know is I'm pretty ticked right now. If I tweet them in the open about it on twitter would that help? I've seen on here people calling them out on twitter and they get on the ball with their issue.

rhsortho

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Yea the local store I went to took them almost an hour. Luckily they had no other customers. Just over a week ago I got an email from tmobile saying they recieved my device at the warehouse and request a refund be issued. A couple days later I got the 80 dollars in taxes refunded onto my debit card. I'm wondering if the store screwed up something and that is why I have not got a refund for the device. All I know is I'm pretty ticked right now. If I tweet them in the open about it on twitter would that help? I've seen on here people calling them out on twitter and they get on the ball with their issue.

that is messed up! - they should have refunded the total amount!! when I got that "receveived at warehouse" message, it took several days too but the total was refunded. I would reach out to them on twitter. I had good results. They ordered me the 2nd phone after a nightmare of a 45minute overseas telesales rep experience. hopefully they can straighten out the issue and help you get your money back asap! good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital