AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(871934)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

He's 2.5 hours away and I domt have his number to contact him. The thing is it shouldn't matter where I loopgot it all that matters is I have 1 and they are being recalled. If I buy a car that someone has had for 2 years and there is a recall I take the car and get it fixed. It doesnt matter if I bought it for $100,000 or $100 all that matters is there's a recal
Car titles are transferred and the government maintains records of the transfer. Totally different issue.

Bfalba3

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

Yes bit this is a global safety recall! All that should matter is I have a note not where I bought it from. But whatever of they don't accept my return then they don't but Monday I'll be calling consumer reports and the BBB. Along with as high up as I can at att and Samsung

Bfalba3

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

This is not a exchange or a return this is a recall they are totally different. And Samsung manufactured this phone that's branded att so when there's any kind of recall the manufacturer has the responsibility of issuing new equipment period

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

This is not a exchange or a return this is a recall they are totally different. And Samsung manufactured this phone that's branded att so when there's any kind of recall the manufacturer has the responsibility of issuing new equipment period
It is not the recall you are thinking about. It is a voluntary recall, different thing.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

At&t is now letting is call for our replacements if we don't want to visit a store...I believe this is if you want to get a loaner sent to you....Still no system in place to get sign up for a new note 7 when it's released

c85a2bb7a6b6e2b6ba948edbfcaa0434.jpg

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

At&t is now letting is call for our replacements if we don't want to visit a store...I believe this is if you want to get a loaner sent to you....Still no system in place to get sign up for a new note 7 when it's released

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160903/c85a2bb7a6b6e2b6ba948edbfcaa0434.jpg
This is how replacements are going to be handled....

Those of us who returned our Note 7's for either a refund or a loaner phone will be receiving an email and text letting us know the new batch of Note 7's have been shipped to At&t distributors. At that point we can either check our local stores for available stock or call At&t directly and have them ship us a new phone at which point you will need to return the loaner. You will be set back up onto a next plan and be done. They will honor all BOGO deals for those who got the phones under a BOGO deal. People who returned their phones will take priority over any new sales and will be the first people notified of the new batches. They dont know how many phones they will get at a time so when you get the message you need to call asap.

What he doesnt know is if the people who have not returned their devices will get the same text/email or not because they wont be flagged in the system as someone who returned their device. Again he doesnt have an answer on that side so thats on you if you dont return it.

Last thing, he did confirm that any damages to the loaners will be the responsibility of you and they will either a)decline your upgrade to the Note 7 or bill you the full cost of the loaner.

As for a timeline on when they will get the new batches, he doesnt know but seems to think it will be pretty quick.

Bfalba3

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

I haven't read 1 thing that says it's a voluntary recall except for canada. It says all note 7 are being recalled no matter what. And consumer reports was criticizing Samsung for not following standard procedure in the US and this is why. Like I said whatever I'll get it taken care of 1 way or another.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

This is how replacements are going to be handled....

Those of us who returned our Note 7's for either a refund or a loaner phone will be receiving an email and text letting us know the new batch of Note 7's have been shipped to At&t distributors. At that point we can either check our local stores for available stock or call At&t directly and have them ship us a new phone at which point you will need to return the loaner. You will be set back up onto a next plan and be done. They will honor all BOGO deals for those who got the phones under a BOGO deal. People who returned their phones will take priority over any new sales and will be the first people notified of the new batches. They dont know how many phones they will get at a time so when you get the message you need to call asap.

What he doesnt know is if the people who have not returned their devices will get the same text/email or not because they wont be flagged in the system as someone who returned their device. Again he doesnt have an answer on that side so thats on you if you dont return it.

Last thing, he did confirm that any damages to the loaners will be the responsibility of you and they will either a)decline your upgrade to the Note 7 or bill you the full cost of the loaner.

As for a timeline on when they will get the new batches, he doesnt know but seems to think it will be pretty quick.
Well i will be keeping a eye on these forums everyday so i will just keep my Note and wait until they come back ....i got a text from att when the recall happened so they know i own one...Hopefully I will get the next text...and with this recall I dont think new customers will be busting down
the doors for the note 7 .. New batch is basically ours for the taking after this mess lol

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I haven't read 1 thing that says it's a voluntary recall except for canada. It says all note 7 are being recalled no matter what. And consumer reports was criticizing Samsung for not following standard procedure in the US and this is why. Like I said whatever I'll get it taken care of 1 way or another.
They announced it in Korea.

Did our US government issue any statement of a recall?

Did the Korean government issue a recall?

The key here is Samsung did the recall, that is what makes it a voluntary recall. Being voluntary or not has nothing to do with the consumer, but the company.

If you read that about Canada.. Did you read my post addressing that also?

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Can I wait until AT&T have the new Note 7 in stock so I can exchange it directly? I do not want another phone while waiting for new note 7. My current Note 7 works fine.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I came home this morning ,factory reset and boxed up my 7 to take back tomorrow. It makes me sad because I really like this phone. Now I'm sporting this stupid note 5 again (oh the horror of having to use a barely year old phone lol). It's for the best I guess. Until we meet again Mr 7. *cue the dramatic music *Lol

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I came home this morning ,factory reset and boxed up my 7 to take back tomorrow. It makes me sad because I really like this phone. Now I'm sporting this stupid note 5 again (oh the horror of having to use a barely year old phone lol). It's for the best I guess. Until we meet again Mr 7. *cue the dramatic music *Lol

Oh the horror of having to use a... Note 4. Plastic back and all. My pen isn't even clicky! I have to pull on it with my fingernail. Ugh... 😩😊😢😃 #mixedemotions

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I bought my N7 through Sam's. I really wanted to return it through the local AT&T store (I didn't have a ton of confidence in the wireless department at Sam's). I got the text last night so I decided I would return the phone and re activate my iPhone 6+ (I had not sold it yet) and then wait for the new N7 batches to arrive and decide if I wanted to give it another shot. The woman working there told me I had 2 choices...1) keep the N7 until the new ones arrived 2) get another new phone (not a loaner). So obviously most of us, just by reading this forum knew more about this than her (which is what I expected going in). I explained to her that I really liked my N7 and would not be returning it if not for the recall. I told her I didn't want to keep it until the new phones came in (I know the chances of something happening are small but my kids play on my phone & I wasn't going to take that chance even though my phone had given me NO problems) and I didn't want a S7 or an S7E. I explained those options were no good, neither of them solved anything (also, I never raised my voice or used bad language....I actually told them I felt bad for them because I knew this was a pain). So...she said I could go to the AT&T store and see what they would do. Then she asked me to call her back and tell her what they said so she would know. Luckily she wasn't busy and decided to call someone and then said she could accept the N7, activate my old iPhone. I'm feeling pretty good at this point....I got a $150 Sams gift card when I bought the phone, which has long been spent. Sure enough, after a while of working on my return she says she needs the $150 gift card to complete the return. I calmly explain that I don't have it and I'm not going to pay the money back. They had a promo, I took advantage, liked my phone, planed on keeping the phone, then the manufacture & provider told me to return the phone. Of course the store manager was called, along with a department manager...I went through the same thing with them. They said they needed the $150 to complete the return...I explained how that didn't make sense...to them it did but to put themselves in my shoes. They made a call to a regional manager...no problem! I did not have to return the gift card or the $150 in cash. There was another customer there who was going through the same deal. I explained we didn't have to return the card. She was going to get and keep the S7E. They had a promo on the galaxy 7 line - you get $150 gift card when you get one on the next plan (just like the N7 promo they had) she asked if she got the $150 on the S7E and they told her yes! Good for her I say.
Now this whole process took 3 1/2 hours today...quite a pain but they worked with me. A lot of the time they were on the phone with the carrier AT&T trying to do everything in the system done correctly.

Good luck to everyone!

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Ok just got a call from my business att Rep and heres how this is supposed to work.

This is good to know. Exchanged my note 7 for an s7 edge today.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
If the it wasn't looking like the turn around time was gonna be fast i would get a s7edge but its looking like next week we will be either getting the phones or have a good idea when

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Oh the horror of having to use a... Note 4. Plastic back and all. My pen isn't even clicky! I have to pull on it with my fingernail. Ugh... 😩😊😢😃 #mixedemotions
I traded in my note 4 to get the 7. Be strong with that 4. I actually would have been ok with my 4. I think I had that one less time than when I got the 5. I have a phone buying problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1