AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inevitable Flux

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm still debating whether or not I'll just switch back to my note 5 until Samsung and att put out a plan for replacements. I'm a little nervous , but I'm not having any issues with my 7.i don't think at this point it will do any good to call or go to an att store. This recall was unexpected and they probably need a little time to get their service personnel trained on what they are going to do.

I'm with ya. No point in continuing to contact store or customer service reps until we have official statements :) I, too, also need to decide whether I stick with Note 7 or go back to Note 5 in the interim.

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Went to an AT&T store today and exchanged mine for an S7 edge. They told me I could exchange again for the Note 7 when they had replacements but not sure when that will be. He said possibly next week.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Anybody here return a Bestbuy purchase to an ATT store. I think I would rather deal with and trust ATT with this matter. Its a Samsung issue anyways in my opinion, not a retailer return choice, right?

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Anybody here return a Bestbuy purchase to an ATT store. I think I would rather deal with and trust ATT with this matter. Its a Samsung issue anyways in my opinion, not a retailer return choice, right?

No one has confirmed how that works. But at one point an ATT told me target only and then when I pressed he said ATT. I think ATT is going to have to deal with those of us who bought from brick and mortar but used ATT next.

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: ATT Purchase Through Target

Interesting because I asked about that and was told no. Complicating matters is I purchased from Target and no one seems to have any clue whether that affects the process or not. It was Target but using ATT Next.
I went to my local Target today and was told they will exchange my Note 7 when the new ones come in. I had gone to AT&T first and they said no way because I didn't buy it from them. Target is going to take care of it. I don't even have to go back to the original Target store. Check with your local Target store.

melonzzzzz

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
per Gizmodo

In its announcement this evening, Samsung says customers are allowed to replace their Galaxy Note 7 with a new device, which will be available as early as next week. Alternatively, you can exchange you Galaxy Note 7 for a a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge. If you chose the second option, Samsung will also replace or refund any Note 7 accessories you already purchased, and refund the price difference of the two phones.

All Galaxy Note 7 owners will be given a $25 gift card or that amount off their bill “as a gesture of appreciation.” To exchange your device, “contact or visit the retail outlet where they purchased their device or call 1-800-SAMSUNG.”

melonzzzzz

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Just got off the 1-800-Samsung number.

They said look next week for an update on the exact procedure they will be implementing the exchange.

I asked if AT&T would be taking care of me despite buying my phone from Samsung directly and the CS rep said yes but I'm taking that with a grain of salt.

moc426

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Everyone has different answers. I spoke with costco where I bought it on the phone just now and the rep told me from his understanding they will have new units next week and they will just do an exchange as normal. But he also said it would be at the customer's discretion like if the device is getting hot or other issues. So it's a bit unclear if they are recalling all or not but hopefully things are more clear in the coming days and if they are recalling all, I would exchange mine just in case even though mine is running great.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Everyone has different answers. I spoke with costco where I bought it on the phone just now and the rep told me from his understanding they will have new units next week and they will just do an exchange as normal. But he also said it would be at the customer's discretion like if the device is getting hot or other issues. So it's a bit unclear if they are recalling all or not but hopefully things are more clear in the coming days and if they are recalling all, I would exchange mine just in case even though mine is running great.
The link I posted for Samsung USA right before your post might work better for you since you bought from a retail location.

moc426

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. So from what I understand from that link, I can just exchange it at costco when they get them in. Which I would rather do than mail the phone. I guess costco will handle the $25 credit they mention as well.

The link I posted for Samsung USA right before your post might work better for you since you bought from a retail location.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. So from what I understand from that link, I can just exchange it at costco when they get them in. Which I would rather do than mail the phone. I guess costco will handle the $25 credit they mention as well.
Or you can have Samsung ship you one and they will give you a shipping label.

Costco should do it, but some retail places are giving people trouble.

Samsung is talking about possibly shipping next week according to that link.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Or you can have Samsung ship you one and they will give you a shipping label.

Costco should do it, but some retail places are giving people trouble.

Samsung is talking about possibly shipping next week according to that link.

Unfortunately direct ship from Samsung isn't an option. According to them.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

All recalls are voluntary to a point. In the US, you are not requured to turn in your old device. So even a full recall doesnt mean you cant keep your old one if you want. Samsung simply has need their liability by passing the responsibility for the fix to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.