09-19-2016 11:42 AM
144 12345 ...
tools
    Going to speak to a manager at Rogers and speak to a manager Samsung Canada as well. Get a proper confirmation that if I give my phone back for a loaner that I will be receiving a brand new phone in exchange when they come in. Not a repaired or refurb one
    When you call Rogers, make sure you ask them for an "incident" number and the reps. name. Make sure they notate your account so you're covered if for some reason you end up with a refurb.
    09-05-2016 12:45 PM
    Incorrect, Samsung used it and a Voluntary recall exists, nothing new, even if you aren't familiar with it. Most companies don't do a Voluntary recall, they wait until the government forces them.

I posted the legal information concerning voluntary recalls earlier in this thread.

Where has Samsung used the term recall? Maybe I missed it. I have seen multiple references to a product replacement program, but never a recall. I definitely stand to be corrected if you can show me. Cheers.

If the product is officially recalled, Samsung is legally obligated to take my phone back. Right now, Samsung could say tomorrow, we believe we got all the bad units and no further returns will be accepted. They couldn't do that with a recall.
    09-05-2016 12:56 PM
    In the announcement. This is what is known as a voluntary recall, they happen every day.

Samsung is begging for devices back. Now if you bought from an individual, it is going to take a little time to figure this out. This is unprecedented.
    09-05-2016 01:36 PM
    In the announcement. This is what is known as a voluntary recall, they happen every day.

Samsung is begging for devices back. Now if you bought from an individual, it is going to take a little time to figure this out. This is unprecedented.
    No, they didn't mention recall in the announcement. Here's the global announcement in its entirety. Regional announcements are virtually identical but for a line or two specific to individual territories:

Statement on Galaxy Note 7
    Samsung is committed to producing the highest quality products and we take every incident report from our valued customers very seriously. In response to recently reported cases of the new Galaxy Note 7, we conducted a thorough investigation and found a battery cell issue.

To date (as of September 1) there have been 35 cases that have been reported globally and we are currently conducting a thorough inspection with our suppliers to identify possible affected batteries in the market. However, because our customers' safety is an absolute priority at Samsung, we have stopped sales of the Galaxy Note 7.

For customers who already have Galaxy Note 7 devices, we will voluntarily replace their current device with a new one over the coming weeks.

We acknowledge the inconvenience this may cause in the market but this is to ensure that Samsung continues to deliver the highest quality products to our customers. We are working closely with our partners to ensure the replacement experience is as convenient and efficient as possible.

As you say, voluntary recalls happen every day, thus it's not unprecedneted. And companies call it just that. Why? Because everyone knows exactly what a recall is and what it means. It's days later, and, in Canada at least, we still don't know exactly what our rights are, or what we're supposed to do with our phones. I've gotten more information from forums and blogs than from Samsung itself. I still haven't even gotten an email from Samsung advising there's an issue and I bought direct from Samsung. If samsung has issued an actual voluntary recall, then why not just use the word?

Samsung has never used the word recall in any of its official statements or remarks. Using the phrase Product Replacement Program is a sidestep to having an actual recall. There is no definitive definition to what that phrase means; It's left to Samsung to define which is the entire point of them not calling it a recall.
    wirelessgal likes this.
    09-05-2016 04:18 PM
    Actually they did, I watched it live.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    09-05-2016 04:21 PM
    No, they didn't mention recall in the announcement. Here's the global announcement in its entirety. Regional announcements are virtually identical but for a line or two specific to individual territories:

Statement on Galaxy Note 7
    Samsung is committed to producing the highest quality products and we take every incident report from our valued customers very seriously. In response to recently reported cases of the new Galaxy Note 7, we conducted a thorough investigation and found a battery cell issue.

To date (as of September 1) there have been 35 cases that have been reported globally and we are currently conducting a thorough inspection with our suppliers to identify possible affected batteries in the market. However, because our customers' safety is an absolute priority at Samsung, we have stopped sales of the Galaxy Note 7.

For customers who already have Galaxy Note 7 devices, we will voluntarily replace their current device with a new one over the coming weeks.

We acknowledge the inconvenience this may cause in the market but this is to ensure that Samsung continues to deliver the highest quality products to our customers. We are working closely with our partners to ensure the replacement experience is as convenient and efficient as possible.

As you say, voluntary recalls happen every day, thus it's not unprecedneted. And companies call it just that. Why? Because everyone knows exactly what a recall is and what it means. It's days later, and, in Canada at least, we still don't know exactly what our rights are, or what we're supposed to do with our phones. I've gotten more information from forums and blogs than from Samsung itself. I still haven't even gotten an email from Samsung advising there's an issue and I bought direct from Samsung. If samsung has issued an actual voluntary recall, then why not just use the word?

Samsung has never used the word recall in any of its official statements or remarks. Using the phrase Product Replacement Program is a sidestep to having an actual recall. There is no definitive definition to what that phrase means; It's left to Samsung to define which is the entire point of them not calling it a recall.
    You are correct. Samsung Canada never used said anything about a voluntary recall in Canada. What you posted is exactly what Samsung Canada is going by. Even on their social media sites, no mention of a recall. I called Rogers customer service last night about a billing issue I had and I asked the Rep about the Note 7 recall. The rep heard about the battery issues but said the Note 7 was still available for purchase. I told him sales of the Note 7 was stopped in Canada a few days ago. He went on the system to tried to make a purchase and it didn't go through.
    Seriously? Rogers? Even their front liners don't know about the Note 7 and this falls back on Samsung Canada. What they written on their site has confused a lot of people. I know many have called Samsung Canada and neither of them mentioned the word "recall." It's handled poorly in Canada.
    09-06-2016 08:44 AM
    You are correct. Samsung Canada never used said anything about a voluntary recall in Canada. What you posted is exactly what Samsung Canada is going by. Even on their social media sites, no mention of a recall. I called Rogers customer service last night about a billing issue I had and I asked the Rep about the Note 7 recall. The rep heard about the battery issues but said the Note 7 was still available for purchase. I told him sales of the Note 7 was stopped in Canada a few days ago. He went on the system to tried to make a purchase and it didn't go through.
    Seriously? Rogers? Even their front liners don't know about the Note 7 and this falls back on Samsung Canada. What they written on their site has confused a lot of people. I know many have called Samsung Canada and neither of them mentioned the word "recall." It's handled poorly in Canada.
    I have definitely been disappointed in how Samsung Canada operates and treats their customers so far. It's a big step back from samsung USA. Customer support knows absolutely nothing, not even status of promo gifts, no device protection plans and generally no knowledge of anything related to their own products

Not been impressed so far with samsung Canada... Pay more for the device then our neighbors South of the boarder and for less service
    09-06-2016 11:36 AM
    I have definitely been disappointed in how Samsung Canada operates and treats their customers so far. It's a big step back from samsung USA. Customer support knows absolutely nothing, not even status of promo gifts, no device protection plans and generally no knowledge of anything related to their own products

Not been impressed so far with samsung Canada... Pay more for the device then our neighbors South of the boarder and for less service
    Samsung Canada is horrible. We definitely don't get the same level of customer service like our friends in the US. Just because Canada is a lot smaller than the US or other countries, doesn't mean we should get treated this way. The sad part is Samsung doesn't care. As long as their products sell well here, that's all they care about.
    I'm not a fan of iPhones, but at least Apple provides excellent customer service in Canada.

I have been a loyal Samsung user since the Nexus S days and will continue to because I do love TW. If they do something drastic to TW and continue to take away features that I love, then I will jump ship. I have expressed my concerns to Samsung Canada on Twitter and they said they will address it or forward it to the right dept. Whether they actually do it or not is another thing.

I agree. We pay more for the device and get less service than the US. Samsung needs to learn from Apple, IMO.
    09-06-2016 01:44 PM
    Yeah. Samsung Canada is not exactly inspiring any confidence in this process. They must be driving the carriers crazy.
    09-06-2016 02:34 PM
    I'm seriously considering sending mine back directly to Samsung under the buyer's remorse and buying later.
    09-06-2016 02:44 PM
    I'm seriously considering sending mine back directly to Samsung under the buyer's remorse and buying later.
    Literally on hold with rogers right now to get an incident id number and to get them to put it on my account to give me a new phone and they are now saying they don't have any instructions saying to give their customers a new phone. Just to send it off for repair
    09-06-2016 06:01 PM
    Put me on hold to get more updates in what they can do for me
    09-06-2016 06:02 PM
    Where did you buy your phone from?
    09-06-2016 06:41 PM
    Literally on hold with rogers right now to get an incident id number and to get them to put it on my account to give me a new phone and they are now saying they don't have any instructions saying to give their customers a new phone. Just to send it off for repair
    I forgot, did you preorder your phone through the Rogers website?
    09-06-2016 06:45 PM
    Where did you buy your phone from?
    Samsung Canada online.
    09-06-2016 06:52 PM
    Samsung Canada online.
    If you have the option to send it back for a refund, I think you should. I say this because I don't like how Samsung Canada handled this issue. The more people show Samsung Canada how displeased we are with their horrible customer service, maybe they will do something about it.
    09-06-2016 07:10 PM
    Australia - Vodafone customer here.

Spoke to the store where I bought it from, they said they knew of the issue and were waiting for Samsung to give them advice on what to do. I mentioned that Samsung Australia have already stated that the devices can be returned for refund or given back, a loan device handed out and a new phone delivered in the future, but they declined and said that they will get in contact with me once they've received advice.
    09-06-2016 07:29 PM
    I forgot, did you preorder your phone through the Rogers website?
    Yes I did

After an hour and a half. I spoke to a higher up manager, above customer relations and they will be sending me a new note 7 directly to my house when they come in. Gave me a full bill credit for a free month service for both my phone lines along with a long apology and a promise to forward the proper info onto their tech support
    09-06-2016 09:01 PM
    Yes I did

After an hour and a half. I spoke to a higher up manager, above customer relations and they will be sending me a new note 7 directly to my house when they come in. Gave me a full bill credit for a free month service for both my phone lines along with a long apology and a promise to forward the proper info onto their tech support
    I've always had good luck with Rogers.
    09-06-2016 09:35 PM
    I've had good luck with the higher ups in customer support. But the basic tech support people never know anything so that makes for a long time spent on the phone
    09-06-2016 09:39 PM
    Samsung Malaysia will do 1on1 replacement at the shop we purchase. They will throw in a one year screen cracked warranty plus a free tempered glass protector
    09-06-2016 10:20 PM
    I called the Rogers store I bought my Note from (Stouffville, ON) today to ask what loaner they were giving out while I wait for my new Note 7 (Sony M1... No clue what that is), but he said they are sending them in for repairs not replacing, I told him no that's not what's happening and I didn't pay big bucks for a refurbished phone but didn't feel like pressing the issue maybe that's what they were told. I did ask if I could return it and he said yes you can. Mine was a pre order so I got the 64gb SD card which I would have to give back but that's fine. I already got my gear fit 2 from Samsung I assume they wouldn't take that back. I did get the $200 trade in credit which would still apply if I went to a S7E but I assume if I go iPhone 7 I would lose that...... But then how do I get the phone I traded in back? All in all this sucks and will be a billing nightmare!
    09-06-2016 10:21 PM
    I called the Rogers store I bought my Note from (Stouffville, ON) today to ask what loaner they were giving out while I wait for my new Note 7 (Sony M1... No clue what that is), but he said they are sending them in for repairs not replacing, I told him no that's not what's happening and I didn't pay big bucks for a refurbished phone but didn't feel like pressing the issue maybe that's what they were told. I did ask if I could return it and he said yes you can. Mine was a pre order so I got the 64gb SD card which I would have to give back but that's fine. I already got my gear fit 2 from Samsung I assume they wouldn't take that back. I did get the $200 trade in credit which would still apply if I went to a S7E but I assume if I go iPhone 7 I would lose that...... But then how do I get the phone I traded in back? All in all this sucks and will be a billing nightmare!
    Read my post above..rogers is completely in the wrong for giving this info out

She even stayed that even without a recall that witj a phone this new that Rogers policy is to send you a new phone

Call Rogers and ask to speak to customer relations right away. Don't even bother with customer or technical support. They are supposed to be sending a message off to their support team to stop spreading this information

It's direct from Samsung that every note 7 owner is to receive a NEW note 7 replacement

That is on the Samsung Canada site as well

[Official Statement] Galaxy Note7 | SAMSUNG Canada

Also here is the official instructions from Telus

Samsung Galaxy Note7 - What You Need to Know - bhzof35755
    09-07-2016 02:07 AM
    The manager has no idea who sent out that memo about being repaired but it's completely incorrect. i don't even have to go back into my store this time. They will be sending the replacement directly to me as soon as they receive them from Samsung
    09-07-2016 02:09 AM
    Yeah I saw the form this morning and filled it out, shipping replacement to my house so I can avoid the store as much as possible lol I'm happy with this replacement method by Samsung Canada.
    09-07-2016 07:19 AM
144 12345 ...