Non-USA Carrier Note 7 Recall Thread

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
[WARN]UPDATE: The Samsung Galaxy Note7 has been officially recalled. Users who own a Note7 will be able to exchange their unit for another one.

Samsung announces global Galaxy Note 7 recall following battery explosions | Android Central
[/WARN]

[NOTE]Please use this thread for NON-USA CARRIERS only. For an updated list of official statements from Samsung and carriers, plus what to do if you're affected, and links to the other carrier threads, please check the following link.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-7/719826-psa-note-7-recall.html[/NOTE]

DanRomania

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
In Europe, or at least in Romania the phone was supposed to arrive on the 2nd of September. There was a preorder campain which took place here in which if you preordered the phone you could've get your hands on the phone and the vr-headset on the 29th of August. So, did anyone from Europe got the phone? (from an authorised dealer) Any issues regarding the battery? Any notice from the providers?
Also, here the phone does not exist in any stock and there was an official statement from Samsung Romania saying that the phones will be available again starting 16th of September. That was before the recall but I don't think the date is going to be affected taking into consideration the late date... when I am supposed to get my hands on the device.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for this thread. I was looking for info on Canadian carriers. Still no information from Rogers which I'm not surprised. At least TELUS made a statement. If anyone gets any info from Rogers., please post it here. Thanks.

cynth.hgn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm in Canada, but I bought my N7 directly from the Samsung store. They told me at this point, it will be a voluntary recall because there hasn't been any cases yet in Canada

cynth.hgn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
It's not voluntary globally. There are people in the US for example that have already been contacted to return the phone immediately. That's not voluntary. Whereas here, I was basically told there's nothing to worry about but they will exchange if I wish

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It's not voluntary globally. There are people in the US for example that have already been contacted to return the phone immediately. That's not voluntary. Whereas here, I was basically told there's nothing to worry about but they will exchange if I wish

It is voluntary because Samsung is doing a voluntary recall and not through the government.

There is no such thing as a consumer mandatory recall here.

US people have been contacted because Samsung Global said all phones need to be exchanged. Samsung Canada is not up to speed.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

cynth.hgn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
So when I called Samsung Canada, they told me there would be an exchange. She took my IMEI, my address, name etc. Said I would be contacted when the new ones are ready.
I call the local Samsung store, and the guy tells me basically that nothings going to happen, just use a proper charger and I'll be fine. Wth?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So when I called Samsung Canada, they told me there would be an exchange. She took my IMEI, my address, name etc. Said I would be contacted when the new ones are ready.
I call the local Samsung store, and the guy tells me basically that nothings going to happen, just use a proper charger and I'll be fine. Wth?
You have to remember one thing.. This is something completely new and unprecedented. Also it was the middle of the early morning in North America when this was announced. It took a while for Samsung USA to get the info.

I'm sure this is a logistical nightmare for Samsung and phone carriers. It hasn't even been 24 hours yet, it will take some time for info to filter down to all the right people.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Canadian carriers suspend sales of the Galaxy Note 7 following recall | MobileSyrup.com
http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/09/02/c...-sales-of-the-galaxy-note-7-following-recall/

So, the carriers seem to be on top of it. The person I spoke with from Samsung Canada seemed on top of it. Funny that it was someone from the Samsung retail store where I bought it that didn't seem to know anything lol
In a way it is shocking, they work for Samsung, how did they not hear about this?

But today, I've seen crazier lol

mhw100

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Did Samsung Canada say when? I'm also curious for how long the exchange offer is open e.g. indefinitely?

cynth.hgn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
She said in the next couple weeks. She wasn't sure if it would be mailed out or if you can just pick it up at the store . I think if you bought from a carrier you will have an easier time exchanging as they will probably be given priority. I'm not sure how long the offer will be open for though

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Here is the statement from Bell...
d955c74d092124e06f39298b5e60ab4a.jpg

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I spoke with a rogers tech support today who was very adiment that I go in and get a loaner. Apparently a co-worker had his phone blow up as well. Means there are cases in Canada as well.

He also said I can bring my phone in and they would send it off to be repaired. I told him Samsung was sending out new units for replacement, not repairing and sending back

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I started using cellphones back in the late 90's and I don't remember ever going through a global recall like this. So I'm not surprised that Samsung, the carriers and 3rd party stores are scrambling to get the right information out there. From what MS posted on their site, Canadians are to call Samsung Canada for a new replacement. I think we'll know more later on today because some customers may demand for a refund or exchange for a different device and you have to deal with the carrier for billing purposes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34