Non-USA Carrier Note 7 Recall Thread

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm seriously considering sending mine back directly to Samsung under the buyer's remorse and buying later.

Literally on hold with rogers right now to get an incident id number and to get them to put it on my account to give me a new phone and they are now saying they don't have any instructions saying to give their customers a new phone. Just to send it off for repair

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Literally on hold with rogers right now to get an incident id number and to get them to put it on my account to give me a new phone and they are now saying they don't have any instructions saying to give their customers a new phone. Just to send it off for repair

I forgot, did you preorder your phone through the Rogers website?

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Samsung Canada online.

If you have the option to send it back for a refund, I think you should. I say this because I don't like how Samsung Canada handled this issue. The more people show Samsung Canada how displeased we are with their horrible customer service, maybe they will do something about it.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Australia - Vodafone customer here.

Spoke to the store where I bought it from, they said they knew of the issue and were waiting for Samsung to give them advice on what to do. I mentioned that Samsung Australia have already stated that the devices can be returned for refund or given back, a loan device handed out and a new phone delivered in the future, but they declined and said that they will get in contact with me once they've received advice.

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I forgot, did you preorder your phone through the Rogers website?

Yes I did

After an hour and a half. I spoke to a higher up manager, above customer relations and they will be sending me a new note 7 directly to my house when they come in. Gave me a full bill credit for a free month service for both my phone lines along with a long apology and a promise to forward the proper info onto their tech support

mhw100

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes I did

After an hour and a half. I spoke to a higher up manager, above customer relations and they will be sending me a new note 7 directly to my house when they come in. Gave me a full bill credit for a free month service for both my phone lines along with a long apology and a promise to forward the proper info onto their tech support

I've always had good luck with Rogers.

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I've had good luck with the higher ups in customer support. But the basic tech support people never know anything so that makes for a long time spent on the phone

anon(1499564)

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Malaysia will do 1on1 replacement at the shop we purchase. They will throw in a one year screen cracked warranty plus a free tempered glass protector

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I called the Rogers store I bought my Note from (Stouffville, ON) today to ask what loaner they were giving out while I wait for my new Note 7 (Sony M1... No clue what that is), but he said they are sending them in for repairs not replacing, I told him no that's not what's happening and I didn't pay big bucks for a refurbished phone but didn't feel like pressing the issue maybe that's what they were told. I did ask if I could return it and he said yes you can. Mine was a pre order so I got the 64gb SD card which I would have to give back but that's fine. I already got my gear fit 2 from Samsung I assume they wouldn't take that back. I did get the $200 trade in credit which would still apply if I went to a S7E but I assume if I go iPhone 7 I would lose that...... But then how do I get the phone I traded in back? All in all this sucks and will be a billing nightmare!

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I called the Rogers store I bought my Note from (Stouffville, ON) today to ask what loaner they were giving out while I wait for my new Note 7 (Sony M1... No clue what that is), but he said they are sending them in for repairs not replacing, I told him no that's not what's happening and I didn't pay big bucks for a refurbished phone but didn't feel like pressing the issue maybe that's what they were told. I did ask if I could return it and he said yes you can. Mine was a pre order so I got the 64gb SD card which I would have to give back but that's fine. I already got my gear fit 2 from Samsung I assume they wouldn't take that back. I did get the $200 trade in credit which would still apply if I went to a S7E but I assume if I go iPhone 7 I would lose that...... But then how do I get the phone I traded in back? All in all this sucks and will be a billing nightmare!

Read my post above..rogers is completely in the wrong for giving this info out

She even stayed that even without a recall that witj a phone this new that Rogers policy is to send you a new phone

Call Rogers and ask to speak to customer relations right away. Don't even bother with customer or technical support. They are supposed to be sending a message off to their support team to stop spreading this information

It's direct from Samsung that every note 7 owner is to receive a NEW note 7 replacement

That is on the Samsung Canada site as well

[Official Statement] Galaxy Note7 | SAMSUNG Canada

Also here is the official instructions from Telus

Samsung Galaxy Note7 - What You Need to Know - bhzof35755

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
The manager has no idea who sent out that memo about being repaired but it's completely incorrect. i don't even have to go back into my store this time. They will be sending the replacement directly to me as soon as they receive them from Samsung

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I saw the form this morning and filled it out, shipping replacement to my house so I can avoid the store as much as possible lol I'm happy with this replacement method by Samsung Canada.

Media Warrior

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
[While yes, this is somewhat unprecedented, and yes, I applaud Samsung for trying to act quickly, their response, at least in Canada, has been less than stellar to say the least] .

I received a text from TELUS on Friday Sept 2 about the issue and a link to their response plan. I further received an email from (shameless plug for a decade of awesome service to us) Andre's Electronics with some more detailed info. In both cases there were options available to exchange for loaner and wait it out or return for a different phone. Seems to be very well handled in the BC part of Canada.

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
This one?

https://canadanote7exchange.expertinquiry.com/

Wondering which is quicker. To get it from rogers or through samsung... If it's anything like the preorders I think I'll stick with rogers sending it out to me lol

I don't know if Rogers would handle it on our behalf but I personally would rather go with Samsung directly. I would have done the same to buy the Note 7 in the first place if I could have done a hardware upgrade at the Samsung store but sadly I could not.

I just hope they don't drop the price of the Note 7's now as a result of the bad press for the recall.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Yes I did

That's great you got that all sorted out. That's the bad thing about Rogers, is you have to speak to someone higher up to get what you want and you're on the phone forever. I've gone through that with Rogers many many times.
I have to call Rogers back again to make sure my billing was fixed properly. The rep I spoke with didn't seem to know what he was doing. He kept putting me on hold. He didn't even know about the Note 7 issue.

Did they give you a time frame as to when you will be getting a new replacement?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781