09-05-2016 03:35 PM
86 ... 234
tools
    WOW, I read this whole thread. (Thanks for keeping it interesting. LoL) Now I don't feel bad about buying from AT&T, got a full refund.
    And it was easy peasy, walk in, walk out. I'm on Verizon, they probably make it worse then doing a PayPal claim. LOL.
    oditius likes this.
    09-05-2016 02:29 PM
    The Note7 was $915 with sales tax on DPP and if you had to pay the upgrade fee, $935. If you bought a Note7 off of swappa for $750, then you saved $185. You can use that savings to buy a case, screen protector and the Samsung Protection Plus policy. So I can see why people want to do it.

However, just like there are risks selling on swappa/ebay, there are risks buying. I really don't see this issue as much of a risk to the buyer due to the paypal buyer protection. The buyers will be out return shipping, which isn't bad. And the seller will be fine too, they will get to exchange for a fixed Note7 and be able to sell that and all they will have lost is the shipping costs. Or course the resale value of this device will go down but again, flipping phones is not risk free. Typically something like this doesn't happen.

The other thing people can do if they are on Verizon is during open enrollment for the insurance, enroll their device. Then they are covered for warranty, extended warranty and insurance through the carrier. It is deductible free for warranty claims. Through Verizon Total Equipment Protection it about $10/mo including taxes and fees, which if you saved $185 would cover it for about 18 months.
    Except I used the Next plan, paid $85 in taxes and a $45 activation/upgrade fee both in my opinion is wrong. But when I returned the phone I got the tax back, and I then used the chat feature on AT&T and after a few minutes I convinced that the $45 charge was wrong, and she credited my account for that, and also noted on my account that when I order my new Note 7 that there is to be no $45 fee. (Will have to wait and see.) but not going to buy a really expensive phone off a third party source unless it comes out to 1/2 price and I have that much laying around. And this fiasco just gives me more satisfaction that I got to use a great phone and didn't cost me a penny.
    09-05-2016 02:55 PM
    It's sounds like their are a few sellers in this thread trying to persuade people to not return their phones. Lol.

My advise is if you were lucky enough to buy off eBay or Swappa Hurry up and return, I kind of feel bad for those that bought of Craigslist.
    SarahGN likes this.
    09-05-2016 02:56 PM
    It's sounds like their are a few sellers in this thread trying to persuade people to not return their phones. Lol.
    Agreed that that is what is going on.
    09-05-2016 03:01 PM
    Don't refer to me as a seller, I'm neither seller or buyer from swappa. I just think Samsung should just do the recall for the buyer. Just my opinion. I won't be buying or selling on swappa or eBay anymore, glad I don't do it much anyway.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-05-2016 03:03 PM
    I filed claim yesterday got an email from PayPal saying seller has submitted his info but could take up to October 3rd for the results October 3rd will screw the seller because he won't be able to return on his own oh well hopefully they get to it sooner I tried to handle it without going thru dispute but had no choice. I agree Samsung should make it easier for us that bought them for example I have a used car got a letter for recalled air bag I just took it in to get fixed no need to find original buyer a recall is a recall
    Cyberguycpt likes this.
    09-05-2016 03:12 PM
    Don't refer to me as a seller, I'm neither seller or buyer from swappa. I just think Samsung should just do the recall for the buyer. Just my opinion. I won't be buying or selling on swappa or eBay anymore, glad I don't do it much anyway.
    Well the first problem is Samsung never officially did a recall if they had a lot of these eBay sellers who are still selling phones today would be in a lot of trouble. Second I think most people who have sold things on eBay know this is just part of the game. I've been had a few times and had to return money when I knew the buyer was lying so why should these sellers be exempt from something so well documented. The seller took a gamble and lost that doesn't mean their screwed, they will get the phone back and get it switched out and resell it if they wish in the future. Granted they will be out of money the phones will probably lose value really quickly as it's now been slightly tarnished and the new iPhone will be announced and maybe even out by the time the issue gets resolved.
    09-05-2016 03:13 PM
    the phones will probably lose value really quickly
    They got a free GF2 or 256GB SD card that they can sell and many of them are doing the BOGOF and got Best Buy $200 gift cards for each new line and will get another $672 VISA gift card from Verizon. Don't feel bad for them, lol!
    09-05-2016 03:20 PM
    They got a free GF2 or 256GB SD card that they can sell and many of them are doing the BOGOF and got Best Buy $200 gift cards for the new line and will get another $672 VISA gift card. Don't feel bad for them, lol!
    Well if the phone value drops as much as that free SD card value did ( from $200 now selling for $70). There is going to be a lot of sad sellers.lol
    09-05-2016 03:22 PM
    Well if the phone value drops as much as that free SD card value did ( from $200 now selling for $70). There is going to be a lot of sad sellers.lol
    They still have the $200 BB gift card and $672 VISA gift card to console them.
    09-05-2016 03:25 PM
    And we're done here. Thread closed.
    09-05-2016 03:35 PM
86 ... 234