Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Unreal!! Some got on a list, some got on a list and referred to att for a loaner and some just get put on an email list (like i was told amd can do myself on their site). BB is so F'ed up. Don't they have an email instructing employees updates every morning on various topics. I guess some are not reading the daily updates and memos. One big reason to never purchase a phone from BB again.

It's like the b-otch at BB that refused my phone because broken screen, 2 days later they take it anyways because they are finally up to speed. Then my wife trades in her note 7 and they say they must have charger returned too, then that night after returning charger they put out a memo saying only phone return is required and only return the accessories you wish to.return.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Can someone post the email they got from BB about getting on the replacement list in-store? Mine is on my work PC at the office right now and I don't really want to drag *** in there on a Sunday to retrieve it.

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
This is the email I received from BB after getting on the list in store. I also put my name on the list on BB.Com. Lady asked if I want to stay with the blue or get something else.. I did pre order from the same store...

Not sure why it say pre release date again... Not sure if she just brought up my order again or what?

d9a4a13005cc4ca3107e515132dca6e4.jpg

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I got my Sprint Model Note 7 from Best Buy. I called into Sprint to inquire about my BOGO credit.

She asked when I was going to take care of my Note 7 Recall issue and I said when Best Buy get some phones in.

She told me I don't have to go through Best Buy if I don't want to. She told me I can go through any Sprint Store. I asked her if she was sure and she said yes.

She also said that I don't have to stay with the a Samsung phone. However if I do, I'd get the $25 bill credit.

Still gonna wait it out some more though.

Hopefully we start to get some replacement Note 7's this week.

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I returned my Note 7 to my nearest Best Buy today with no hassle and received a full refund. I am back to using my Note 4 in the meantime until I decide if I want a new a note 7 when they are released of the Motorola Droid Z Force.

Daunting1

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
They added me to a list when I turned in my note 7 for the loaner s7. It was the one on the website I had already signed up for. My store had the new phones locked up waiting on cpsc approval. What worries me is they spent months approving hoverboard batteries. Government agencies usually aren't efficient.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
They added me to a list when I turned in my note 7 for the loaner s7. It was the one on the website I had already signed up for. My store had the new phones locked up waiting on cpsc approval. What worries me is they spent months approving hoverboard batteries. Government agencies usually aren't efficient.
Hoverboard situation was quite different......They had to track down multiple companies and test all those variants ...Here it's just samsung and one type of battery manufactured at the same source.. Hopefully it's a lot faster cause everything will be laid out and they don't have to go on a wild goose chase with companies that don't wanna play ball and just trying to make a quick buck off the hover board craze...

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

That's what I mean why I don't want to buy an Edge. Because it could be any day then I just waited time and money.

Devenchi

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I just left BB, they just had me preorder and said they will call and email me in a couple of days. The sales rep said they changed the policy so much within a couple of days.

homer813

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I chatted with the Verizon fulfillment company that handles the BOGO offer. They require both Note's to be active when it comes time to give you the BOGO credit. I asked them about the recall and they said that as long as I have documentation from Best Buy showing the exchange of my two recalled Notes for two new Notes (or another Samsung device on the BOGO offer) they can update my submission documents to reflect the new phones IMEI numbers. However, if I don't do give them documentation on the exchange or I sell or return the phones for a different model of phone (for example an iPhone), I would not get the BOGO gift-card.

The BOGO and two $150 Best Buy gift-cards are the only reasons I haven't returned our two Note 7s yet

Did I miss this deal somewhere? When I bought mine, it came with the choice of the watch or the 256 sd card. I don't recall a BOGO deal.

I went to BB today and asked them what my options are. All he told me was that I could be placed on a reminder list for when the new ones get in. I asked him what happens if it blows up between now and then, and he said it would be fine. Never once mentioned anything about returning it for a refund, or getting a loaner. Gotta love the consistency.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Hoverboard situation was quite different......They had to track down multiple companies and test all those variants ...Here it's just samsung and one type of battery manufactured at the same source.. Hopefully it's a lot faster cause everything will be laid out and they don't have to go on a wild goose chase with companies that don't wanna play ball and just trying to make a quick buck off the hover board craze...
Yes but people rather rant anyways. Then compare apples and banana situation. I've already said the same thing but everybody loves that drama .

Daunting1

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
From what I found on the web If you incurr property damage because of the phone after the cpsc becomes officially involved Samsung might not be liable.

My bb manager said I would probably be ok waiting but he would not officially tell me that. The loaner s7 gets hotter than the note I turned in.

Last edited:

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
After calling 6 stores I finally found one in my area that knew about the registration process (not the generic email one). I visited that store and praised the employee for reading his daily memos and keeping up with the times. It took me painless seconds to register, get on the list and choose my color. I also received documentation, it's basically a reserved pre-order replacement agreement.

michnow

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I decided not to risk it, even though the risk is low and I went to BB to return the Note 7 for the S7 Edge. There was a Best Buy Mobile at the mall and they were great. Unfortunately, the procedure they had was to call AT&T to deal with the AT&T Next BS. The AT&T person they called was horrible, although she was a manager, she never heard about the Note recall and insisted a return without penalty was impossible. The Best Buy person called their AT&T rep directly and she took care of things. I am going to make it my life's purpose to ensure the AT&T manager who was arrogant and ignorant at the same time, get's dinged.

I walked out with the S7 Edge, a BB credit of $150, and a coupon to get the Gear VR for free. It was messy, but the outcome was good.

I think I am going to stick with the Edge. The S7 Edge has much better battery life for my use case. With the Note 7, it felt like I could see the battery life count down like a timer. I was always doing stuff like turning down the brightness, turning off WiFi and Bluetooth, etc. With the Edge 7, I am set and forget and last the whole day without needing a charge. I Don't know if my previous Note 7 was an outlier, but battery life for me was horrible.

All in all, Best Buy and AT&T were great. In the process they were confused and incompetent... sending me back and fourth not knowing what to do. But at the end of the day, I walked away saving money, received the complementary Gear Fit2 Watch, a Gear VR, a $150 BB credit, and an $25 AT&T credit.

djarchow

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Did I miss this deal somewhere? When I bought mine, it came with the choice of the watch or the 256 sd card. I don't recall a BOGO deal.

It wasn't well publicized. They had a similar BOGO on the other Galaxy phones too. The deal was you had to buy two Notes both of which had to be on a device payment plan and one of the them had to be a new line. Then after two billing cycles you would get a $672 gift card. Any new line also got a $200 best buy gift card. Both lines must stay on Verizon for at least 6 months. You also got the gear fit or SD card.

We missed the $200 gift card but there was a couple days at the end of the BOGO promo where any upgrade or new Galaxy phone also got a $150 gift card. So we actually got the best deal with the BOGO and $300 in gift cards. Only bad thing was all the SD cards were gone and we had to get the Gear Fits.

triscuit22

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
To be clear, best buy is now handing out loaner phones?

or are people exchanging their notes for s's?

I went the weekend after the recall was announced and they said no loaner just the website for an email notification.

RobSteal

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
I decided not to risk it, even though the risk is low and I went to BB to return the Note 7 for the S7 Edge. There was a Best Buy Mobile at the mall and they were great. Unfortunately, the procedure they had was to call AT&T to deal with the AT&T Next BS. The AT&T person they called was horrible, although she was a manager, she never heard about the Note recall and insisted a return without penalty was impossible. The Best Buy person called their AT&T rep directly and she took care of things. I am going to make it my life's purpose to ensure the AT&T manager who was arrogant and ignorant at the same time, get's dinged.

I walked out with the S7 Edge, a BB credit of $150, and a coupon to get the Gear VR for free. It was messy, but the outcome was good.

I think I am going to stick with the Edge. The S7 Edge has much better battery life for my use case. With the Note 7, it felt like I could see the battery life count down like a timer. I was always doing stuff like turning down the brightness, turning off WiFi and Bluetooth, etc. With the Edge 7, I am set and forget and last the whole day without needing a charge. I Don't know if my previous Note 7 was an outlier, but battery life for me was horrible.

All in all, Best Buy and AT&T were great. In the process they were confused and incompetent... sending me back and fourth not knowing what to do. But at the end of the day, I walked away saving money, received the complementary Gear Fit2 Watch, a Gear VR, a $150 BB credit, and an $25 AT&T credit.

So you can opt for the s7 edge in the interim (with all the freebies), then when the Note 7 replacements are approved, exchange that for a Note 7 and not have to return the $150 GC & Gear VR?

That doesn't seem right.

Daunting1

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Got the loaner s7 Friday with the free offers. They did it as a new purchase but said I could switch back to Note 7 when available. I made it very clear I wanted my black note 7 back. Personally I am going to get my note 7 replacement before I use the free offers so there aren't any reasons to give me my note 7.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Got the loaner s7 Friday with the free offers. They did it as a new purchase but said I could switch back to Note 7 when available. I made it very clear I wanted my black note 7 back. Personally I am going to get my note 7 replacement before I use the free offers so there aren't any reasons to give me my note 7.
Hope you got more than the word of the employee who just got a commission on your s7 sale. Otherwise I'd plan on returning that s7 within 14 days whether the new notes are in or not.