Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

geekstergrl

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Oh man, I hope that is the case! I was worried this official recall might make things drag out. Maybe it will expedite things after all. Best Buy should figure all of that out around of the 12th of never, though. *heavy sigh*

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Yay that's great news. I must say media feeds on in last few minutes talk about the bad and not the remedy part of it. So is anyone going to beat buy tomorrow for note 7?

mikechaudron

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I took my Note 7 to Best Buy on Sept 3rd replacing it with a S7 Edge and was told to cone back in 13 days before the 14 day return was up to get the replacement. To their credit they really didnt know what was going on.

Went in today and got my preorder confirm for my replacement, even got the manager to write on my receipt they're waiving any return fees, etc. It was pretty painless.

I read on cnet the CPSC had to approve all new replacement models and 'it could take months'. Any one know anything else about that? Makes me think the 21st isn't overly optimistic.

geekstergrl

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Just called Best Buy and asked to talk to someone in their mobile phone dept. She asked what it was in regards to, and I told her my Note 7. Her exact words: "Is there a problem with it, is it not working correctly?" I'm not hopeful about this exchange experience at Best Buy.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Yay that's great news. I must say media feeds on in last few minutes talk about the bad and not the remedy part of it. So is anyone going to beat buy tomorrow for note 7?
I have a preorder but gonna keep calling. I would give them like a day or 2 to catch up with the news lol

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Ya I called a few local stores they are clueless besides the one I did my preorder with. He said they are shipped but don't know which stores and how many or carrier info..he doesn't have an ETA and to check tomorrow. Hopefully the preorder works where in we get email telling us it's ready to pick up. Let's see

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
and.. as I thought - they've released/approved!!! :D :D :D

unfortunately - my local BB where I'm #1 on the list hasn't gotten them in yet..

I'm guessing either ATT/BB is holding them at a local warehouse.. or Samsung is - one of the two... looks like Samsung is publishing that phones should be readily available by 9/21 to everyone...

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I went into BestBuy Monday. They had no clue about how it was done. With the info I mined from here I had them preorder me a new one that will be help in my name. I received a notice saying it will be ready The 19th Store Pickup Items

VZW SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE7 SILVER
SKU: 5622119
QTY PRICE
1 $899.99
Pre-order release date is now Aug 19
PRE-ORDER RELEASE DATE:
FRI 08/19

MzKoKoNY

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Well i just received an email from samsung.com confirming the new phones will be to our carriers no later than the 21st....yessss...patience is a virtue...lol.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I received a notice saying it will be ready The 19th Store Pickup Items.

I got the same email notice. I also got the paper work as well.

I guess it's just away to get you in the system. They are using the same initial system to preorder the device. I could care less as long as I get mine by the 21st, but tomorrow would be even better!

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Wait a min... 2 stores? You have 2 Note7s?
Yes. But I have 3 stores within an hour drive. Closes one were stupid and didn't know swat. The farthest store hooked me up with the preorder agreement thru phone. Then the closed store was up to date and did the same a few days later.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams