Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
The best buy store has to do a pre-order for you in addition to that email notification from what I was told for the replacement note 7.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I forgot there is a BB Mobile just across the freeway from the BB I bought from, Perhaps I will see what they have to say. (they are on my way home anyway)

Cheers,
BR

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
The Best Buys and At&t stores I went to. And I drove over 200 miles going to Stores and calling.
Everybody was very nice.
Everybody said I would be more than happy to give you a phone if we had one.
We are sitting waiting on them to be sent to us.

You know when Samsung Sends them to the Carriers. They got to Put their Bloatware on them before they are sent out.

Nobody wants a phone any worst then me.
Blame whomever makes you feel better. You are right.
But people can't give you what they don't have.
And how secure it may make you feel.

The Federal Government can't run its self
And you think they can get involved in a phone recall and not screw it up.
Give me a Break.
Half of the people in the federal government don't even know what is going on.

ScottJ28

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I just find it odd that one BB store in my area of Knoxville had the Note 7 for those that had a reservation and the other 2 stores didn't know when they were going to arrive, but thought they would get them on Monday (today). There is no consistency.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I can't say if this holds true with Cell Phones or not but some other technology comes directly from the factory with the default image installed for the company that the device was made for (in this carriers) so they would basically be shipped per the specifications of the Carrier (eg: rom/firmware/image with features & bloatware) and specific packaging. Again I can't say for certain if this is true with cell phones or not.

Cheers,
BR

Liquid7

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
I just left BB and spoke to the General Manager and the Mobile Manager while there. They put me on the Pre-Order List and said they expect many shipments this week starting as early as today. They also assured me that since I was an original Note 7 Owner that I will be able to turn in my S7 Edge (which I decided on when I turned in the Note7 10 days ago) with no issue even after the 14 day return period. The General Manager told me they have freedom to bypass any rules about exchange/return periods when it comes to the Note 7's within the individual carrier rules for the situation as long as you can prove to them or you show in the their system as an original purchaser of a Note 7. I am in their system and i have all the original receipts as proof.

In Short, I'm on the pre order list now and hopefully everything he says is true and I will walk out with my new Note 7 sometime this week without having to test his honesty about the return period. I have until Thursday the 22nd to return the Edge under the standard 14 day rule.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Just got this from Best Buy email

Samsung and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) have announced a recall and exchange program for the Galaxy Note7 after reports of the devices overheating and causing potential harm to users. If you own a Galaxy Note7, purchased at Best Buy before Sept. 15, 2016, it is extremely important to stop using your device, power it down and visit a Best Buy® store for a return or exchange.

New, CPSC-approved Note7 devices are expected to begin arriving at Best Buy stores as early as next Wednesday, September 21. If you purchased a Note7 from Best Buy, please visit a store near you and a Blue Shirt will help you through the exchange process.

There are a few options available:

1. You can exchange your current Note7 for a new, CPSC-approved Note7 as early as next Wednesday, September 21. If the store does not have a new Note7 device available yet, you can exchange for an interim device and we will contact you when your new Note7 is available.

2. You can exchange your current Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge with a refund of the price difference between devices, and replacement of any Note7-specific accessories.

3. Return your Note7 and receive a full refund.

Visit a Best Buy store for more information or visit our FAQs page.

Could this mean they are getting them soon?

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I just got an email from BB, not the one posted above (it says what the website does, same as the one i got on 09/09) based on the working of the one above, i would say that if you exchanged your note for a loaner you were registered for a replacement. Those that still have their Notes.... I don't know. (perhaps we don't need a reservation based on the wording in this email)
BB_email0919.JPG
this is what I got today.

Cheers,
BR

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Mine has no date wth... and it says next week. If I had to consider next week from today that goes beyond the 21st date. How stupid thanks best buy. Slow agony

Not for nothing I never got an interim device because I had a old s6 edge sitting in my house so idk why they feel I did lol. All I did was get a call from best buy to come in and do preorder reservation for my replacement and walked out with the paper and emails.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Not going to lie I'll be so mad if it's next week or further especially as it cuts close to travel dates. Today is a month since I have the note and was able to use it for what 2 weeks only until the fiasco has begun ? I am sure many are feeling the same way :(. Not cool best buy and samsung!!!!
Also samsung did tell me that if on 21st best buy doesn't have the phone then I should get a manager and call Samsung so they can intervene.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Not going to lie I'll be so mad if it's next week or further especially as it cuts close to travel dates. Today is a month since I have the note and was able to use it for what 2 weeks only until the fiasco has begun ? I am sure many are feeling the same way :(. Not cool best buy and samsung!!!!
Also samsung did tell me that if on 21st best buy doesn't have the phone then I should get a manager and call Samsung so they can intervene.

This is not BB, but all on Samsung for not providing concise information. Forbes and others have pointed out the poor Samsung communication with the recall and correction process.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463