Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Did the swap today, fast and easy. AT&T requires a lot of steps, but the BB staff was great. Interesting comparison, there were approx. 3x as many Note 7 buyers on the 1st day as iPhone 7 buyers :)

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes, ridiculous indeed.

I didn't even bother going back to that particularly BB, went to a different one to process the return. They are treating the exchanges as a new upgrade. When I already did the upgrade already to get the Note7 and all it needs to be done is a swap. But BB literally has to do it over again. Return the Note7, have AT&T manually process it for a new upgrade, then... be able to scan in for a new Note7.

I think if I ordered the Note7 from AT&T.. then perhaps they could have tweaked the system some kind of way. But since BB is not necessarily a carrier, then they don't have the system in place to override an error. If anything, I just think the whole process doesn't make any sense.
they're treating it as a new upgrade because they want the Commission

larry1014

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Finally got my 2 New Verizon Note 7's in Coral Blue. Rep was great and knew what he was doing. I didn't bring the boxes so got to keep all accessories. I asked about the S pens and said no at first and than said they are exchanging broken ones so Keep the 2 pens. I am happy. Smart Switch didn't work that great being backed up to the SD Card. Saved the Apps but no settings but not too bad.

don Adams

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm probably a unique person or my best buy is the greatest in the country but i was in and out in 20 minutes. That's including calling sprint and waiting. And i got everything in the box. Good luck to everyone else. Love my Ann Arbor, MI store.

Gmoney600

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm in Florida on business but I took my note 7 box with me just in case. I walked into the Boyton Beach Location and they had plenty of AT&T replacements. She did ask if I reserved one and I hadn't but it wasn't a big deal. They said my transaction was easy because I paid outright so no need to call carrier. They had every color and I switched from coral blue to black. They did ask for everything out of the box.

mike208

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
How are you all setting up these preorders and getting emails? I got my note from verizon but my wife went through best buy. She called today and the guy told her it comes up on the website when you search for note 7. Only thing we can find is the recall and exchange info but no way to "preorder"/reserve one for her. I tried googling fro more info but couldn't find anything.

Killahhops

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
How are you all setting up these preorders and getting emails? I got my note from verizon but my wife went through best buy. She called today and the guy told her it comes up on the website when you search for note 7. Only thing we can find is the recall and exchange info but no way to "preorder"/reserve one for her. I tried googling fro more info but couldn't find anything.
That's the issue that I'm running into. There is no where on their website to pre-order the phone. And I haven't received an email. I'm about to return my phone and go back to my s7 Edge that I have on Swappa.

XprincoX

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site

I just walked into my local best buy, walked over to the mobile department and ask to get on the "wait list" for the recalled note 7. They put my info into the system for my "preorder" and that was that. In and out in like 5 minutes. I got my email notification about 30 minutes ago that my VZ coral blue is ready for pickup.

Side note: Did you guys do a factory reset to clear all your personal data before turning it in or did you let them do it for you?

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

I was told you have to physically go in the store to reserve one and have a device to exchange for the reserve all the while get a loaner instead if they don't have any in stock. I refused a loaner none were in stock last weekend and now have to wait till they get more in stock other than what people put on reserve and getting loaners to swap with. Ridiculous. Next time I'll go to AT&T store like I did before the Note 7. My local AT&T store has plenty but wants nothing to do with me and my Note 7. Retardville.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I think if I ordered the Note7 from AT&T.. then perhaps they could have tweaked the system some kind of way. But since BB is not necessarily a carrier, then they don't have the system in place to override an error. If anything, I just think the whole process doesn't make any sense.

You may want to try exchanging at AT&T.

I bought mine from Best Buy, but exchanged it at an AT&T store. This was first phone I bought at Best Buy. The staff there didn't really seem like they knew what they were doing when activating the new SIM card. It was taking them so long, I went and got lunch while I was waiting and still wasn't done when I got back. It might have just be a single-store training issue, but I wasn't going to go through that again, so I exchanged at AT&T.

larry1014

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I just walked into my local best buy, walked over to the mobile department and ask to get on the "wait list" for the recalled note 7. They put my info into the system for my "preorder" and that was that. In and out in like 5 minutes. I got my email notification about 30 minutes ago that my VZ coral blue is ready for pickup.

Side note: Did you guys do a factory reset to clear all your personal data before turning it in or did you let them do it for you?

I did a factory reset on both of my phones myself while they were activating the new ones.

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Picked up my Coral Blue today after returning my S7E loaner. Changed colors from the silver. Everything went fine. Got to keep the extra headphones from the S7E even. Happy camper here. So glad to have the Note 7 back in my hands!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
That is absolutely ridiculous! This is a CPSC mandatory recall; they have to exchange it. I can see them suspending your phone service, but not refusing a mandatory recall. I would get the name of store manager and report them to the CPSC.

BBs point of sale system is that way and they have no override in regards to phones or account issues. Their hands are tied for issues like this, but I agree they should be able to switch- if their POS allowed it.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
My pre-order was done at the store they had called me in on 9.10 to do it. I did factory reseto yesterday before giving my old note 7 phone for new note 7

MzKoKoNY

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
While I was getting my N7 exchanged for a replacement N7 today tat BB, here were people that did not even buy theirs from BB trying to get exchanges. One was a guy with a Tmo N7 he bought from Tmo. The BB guy explained they could not do it since have no originating record in their POS for non BB purchases.

The guy said Tmo was not indicating when they would get replacements, but seems should be this week as others in US.

That's what happened with a customer last night. Was there for almost 3 hrs with me, they even started the smart switch process only to be told was no receipt in the system. He said he brought it through tmo. Was told the process couldn't be done because it wasnt brought at best buy. He couldn't understand why not since they're a retailer. But they're not corporate. With no receipt to pull up how could they replace it? I just sat there like ummmmm... Didn't you read the details of the recall stating to go to where you purchased it?

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Will be 2 more weeks before my Best Buy gets more replacements in. My carrier AT&T wants nothing to do with me since I bought it through BB. Also now Samsung is sending out the 60% barrier patch to limit my phone to that. Never again Samsung. Next year going with something else.

MzKoKoNY

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site

All transactions must be done in store. You would go and they would process a pre-order agreement where you get to choose the color you want. You don't have to turn in the phone if you don't want to (that's what I did). It's the only way to ensure you will have the phone you want reserved for you. Once the phone comes in the store they will email you to let you know it's in. I got the email from best buy stating phones will arrive next week, but hours later got the email my phone was in. I picked it up last night. It beats calling around or driving store to store unless that's what you want to do.