Samsung.com Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveappen

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I originally ordered a Note 7 through Samsung.com, but ended up returning it before this whole recall mess. I have already received a refund to my credit card. However, I've now gotten multiple emails from Samsung.com stating that I can exchange said phone for a new one or get a refund. I actually went to the site and entered in my old order number and sure enough, it looks like I can get a new/exchanged Note 7 for my old phone that I already returned. I'm tempted to see if I can get a free Note 7 out of this...

Anyone else in the same situation?

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Called the 1-855-726-8721 number today to see what is going on with my AT&T black replacement phone. Goes to off-shore and they want to set up a ticket and someone would get back to me in 5 to 7 business days. I said no, I wanted someone to look up my order and give me the status. He looked for and found a supervisor who forwarded me to on-shore support. Very nice rep said that the phones were on back-order. She said days, but I don't think she really knows. Did not give her a hard time, she was just the messenger and one of the few Samsung reps who knew what she was talking about and was truthful. So, back to the waiting game. On 9/23 they said they would ship a phone in 2 to 3 business days. 13 days later, no phone. I will not ship the old phone back until I get my replacement.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Even though I received a box to ship the phone back (Which I asked for the box). Got a call from stericycle this afternoon to pick the phone up. Which They are coming out tomorrow to pick up. They can't even handle returns correctly. I already had the phone packed up ready to go and told her I could just mail it and she said she would rather pick it up if ok with me. Apparently she makes a little extra moneyto pick it up. Will leave me a receipt when she picks the phone up. Good grief. She said all she needed was the phone nothing else.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I got the return box last week and while on the way to UPS a lady from Stericycle called looking to come pick it up. So confusing. I told her sorry but I'm following the directions in the return shipment box. She said she was following directions to come pick it up.

I dropped it at UPS and was done with it.

Circus, continued.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Just received my special return packaging and I packed it up. Guess I should be expecting a call from stericycle now.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I got the return box last week and while on the way to UPS a lady from Stericycle called looking to come pick it up. So confusing. I told her sorry but I'm following the directions in the return shipment box. She said she was following directions to come pick it up.

I dropped it at UPS and was done with it.

Circus, continued.
I probably should have done the same thing but ups is way on the other side of town and I am at home tomorrow working so I thought oh well I will let her come pick it up, she can make some extra money and I can save some gas. Good grief how much money is being wasted on this. Samsung seems more like big government with their waste instead of big business... Still feel for those waiting on their new phones. It's an aggravating frustrating feeling while you wait.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Well hopefully they don't end up blocking the IMEI #'s in a month or 2 when they realize what has happened...

Either way I guess your free and clear

Given how this fiasco has unfolded, I'd be shocked to the core if they are organized enough to do that. Not my fault they are a sideshow.

Last edited:

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Well hopefully they don't end up blocking the IMEI #'s in a month or 2 when they realize what has happened...

Either way I guess your free and clear
I called about one of mine, and they forwarded the info onto their returns department. Said that I would have return info in 7 days. If I don't, I'm going to write them to notify them that I gave them ample time to process a return or come to a solution, and that a lack of response on their part means that I will be keeping this item as a free gift, as is my right according to the federal trade commission.

Obviously this is more than is required of me, but my wife said I should do the ethical thing and at least notify them. I'm not expecting them to deal with this correctly.

And as far as IMEI banning, there's no way they are on top of things that much.

I also tried talking to everyone under the sun about getting a free gear vr. No dice. Yet another problem with Samsung.com.

Also, anyone have their $25 gift card yet?

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I called about one of mine, and they forwarded the info onto their returns department. Said that I would have return info in 7 days. If I don't, I'm going to write them to notify them that I gave them ample time to process a return or come to a solution, and that a lack of response on their part means that I will be keeping this item as a free gift, as is my right according to the federal trade commission.

Obviously this is more than is required of me, but my wife said I should do the ethical thing and at least notify them. I'm not expecting them to deal with this correctly.

And as far as IMEI banning, there's no way they are on top of things that much.

I also tried talking to everyone under the sun about getting a free gear vr. No dice. Yet another problem with Samsung.com.

Also, anyone have their $25 gift card yet?
Nope, I wonder if we have to register it to get the $25?

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I called today to ask about my phone (back ordered) and tonight I get a shipping notice from Samsung. Coincidence? Don't know, but happy that this long nightmare may soon be over. Shipping from Indianapolis and arriving on Thursday 10/6.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I called today to ask about my phone (back ordered) and tonight I get a shipping notice from Samsung. Coincidence? Don't know, but happy that this long nightmare may soon be over. Shipping from Indianapolis and arriving on Thursday 10/6.
Donhilla,

Great news.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I thought it was over, but the circus continues. Just got a shipping notice from Samsung that they are sending me another one.....

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Got a call from the people coming to pick up the phones in person. Said she just got another ticket number for me. Looks like that's why I got so many replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac