Samsung.com Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blogabelism

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm pretty upset with Samsung. I purchased this device from Samsung.com and received the phone and then the recall. I just now called to find out what to do and I have two choices: (a) return the phone and they will credit my account, or (b) hold onto the phone until the new ones are available and then send it in for an exchange. I believe, based upon my conversation with the CSR at Samsung is that they are replenishing the carriers first before they deal with those of us who purchased it through samsung.com. Also, in the box with my phone (which I have not activated) there was an order sheet with the customer service phone number. That number on this shipping bill is: 1-855-725-8721. This is a non-working number. So, when I called 1-800-samsung then they told me that this number for customer service is wrong and that it should be 1-855-726-8721. Is anyone at Samsung paying any attention to quality on anything? As of now, I have no idea when I can have my phone replaced. Doesn't seem the right way to do business. If I had gone to Verizon to purchase it I guess I'd already have a new phone. Really, really annoying. I was expecting to have them tell me to send back the phone and that a new one will be received by X date. And what about the $25 credit? I asked about this and the CSR was uncertain about whether I would receive this or how I would receive it.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
This is not what was told to me. I was not given a Client Number and that was not an option given to me. I just called today.
I called on Monday as well and not given a client number either. Was told that they would send me info in three days but haven't seen anything yet. When I talked to the rep he said they all got called in to handle this on an emergency basis. I guess we shall see what unfolds.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Talked to a rep. Was told that all they are doing is giving you a refund and the $25 credit. You can order a new phone from them, or pick one up from your carrier, or just tell them to eff off. But if you want to have a transitionless time, you're gonna have to fork over the cash for a new phone before they issue the refund. So when my local VZW or BB has them in, I'll go buy it there and get a prepaid label to ship this sucker back.

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I am so disappointed in Samsung. I will never buy anything from Samsung.com again. I feel that I have been lied to. Bought from Samsung.com on 8/5, did not receive the phone until 9/3. Saw recall notice after I had set up and activated the phone. Samsung site says you can exchange the phone for a new one when they come available, as soon as this week. Called Samsung and they took my info. Missed a call from them and called back. Was told my only option is to send in the phone for a refund and re-order the phone when sales start again. I assume that means going to the back of the line. This is not an exchange. This is a forced return. That is completely different from the Samsung site. I asked for a supervisor to call me, will see what happens. Right now, I have no faith in Samsung. And, I have bought many thousands of dollars of products from Samsung. BTW, added this to a thread on the Samsung support site also.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
If I had gone to Verizon to purchase it I guess I'd already have a new phone. Really, really annoying. I was expecting to have them tell me to send back the phone and that a new one will be received by X date. And what about the $25 credit? I asked about this and the CSR was uncertain about whether I would receive this or how I would receive it.

The Verizon locations do not have the new phones yet, so you wouldn't have a new phone if you'd gone there to purchase it. Samsung has said the $25 credit from them is an e-credit (sent to you in e-mail or a text) that you can use on Samsung.com If you'd bought from a carrier you'd be stuck with either an in-store credit at that store, or $25 off your phone bill (so you wouldn't have got anything better in that situation either).

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
So seeing as how we thought we were so smart ordering directly from the source,we're getting screwed again. I mean, people are walking into their carrier stores and being taken care of while we just sit and wait on Digital River (Samsung's horrible supply chain company) to figure this out. I'm guessing we won't have replacement devices until October. Just a sad situation, really. They are a mess of a company. Should have bought directly from T-Mobile, or honestly not at all. Lesson learned.

The silence is deafening and I have a flight on Monday morning. Fun.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
They are a mess of a company. Should have bought directly from T-Mobile, or honestly not at all. Lesson learned.

The silence is deafening and I have a flight on Monday morning. Fun.

Do you have a T-Mobile branded phone (with their logo on the back), or is it a pure Samsung phone? If its got the T-mobile branding on the back there is no reason you couldn't try taking it into a T-mobile store and try exchanging it there, but if you're seeking a replacement Note 7 you should know that no one who has checked with the carrier stores and posted on the forum has got a replacement phone yet (be it T-Mobile, Verizon, or any of the others). If you've got a pure Samsung phone then I'd hold off and wait for Samsung to replace your phone otherwise you'll probably have the unpleasant surprise of having additional bloatware and stripped features from your replacement phone (most drastically for Verizon users).

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a T-Mobile branded phone (with their logo on the back), or is it a pure Samsung phone? If its got the T-mobile branding on the back there is no reason you couldn't try taking it into a T-mobile store and try exchanging it there, but if you're seeking a replacement Note 7 you should know that no one who has checked with the carrier stores and posted on the forum has got a replacement phone yet (be it T-Mobile, Verizon, or any of the others). If you've got a pure Samsung phone then I'd hold off and wait for Samsung to replace your phone otherwise you'll probably have the unpleasant surprise of having additional bloatware and stripped features from your replacement phone (most drastically for Verizon users).
1) we all bought carrier branded phones from Samsung.com
2) carriers will not exchange phones bought at Samsung.com or Best Buy
3) Samsung is only offering a refund, no exchanges. This is opposite of what their US exchange policy says
4) if you want a new phone to replace your Samsung.com phone, you have to wait until they are for sale again, going to the back of the line.

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Three conversations with Samsung where they will only allow me to send the phone in for a refund. Still waiting for a supervisor to call to discuss (holding my breath on that one). There have been several other posts with the same story.

I see. I guess I was looking for something official from Samsung rather than an interpreted chat with a phone rep. They usually have no clue and just want to get you off the phone as fast as possible. Anyhow, we will see I guess. If it's refund only, I'm gone. Lost a customer if that's the case.

They probably don't have direction from corporate yet so they are just like "send it back for a refund, thanks" because they don't know what else to tell you.

xpediency

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
I just called... My order has been on backorder since August 19th. They told me to cancel my order. lol

I asked why can't I just keep my order and whenever the fixed batch is replenished, just ship it out for me by then. They said they couldn't do that because my order was for the old batch. That's pretty hilarious and stupid. They told me they would eventually cancel my order anyways whether I did it now or wait, so I just canceled.

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the multiple posts on this. After the pre-order fiasco with Samsung.com and the recall mess, I'm just really ticked off at Samsung. This is from a Reddit thread. If I personally hear anything new, I will post it, but it's time to center and move on.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyNote7/comments/51nuxb/bought_from_samsungcom_they_will_not_honor_the/

EmeraldSpyder [score hidden] 4 minutes ago
Got a canned response as follows:
Samsung is encouraging for customers to return their Samsung Note 7 phones. For your convenience, you may return your Samsung Note 7 phone you purchased online. Once the product has been received back at our Samsung warehouse you will receive a full refund. Once the Samsung Note 7 is re-launch on the website you will be able to repurchase. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Nashea
Samsung Direct Customer Service| 1.855.726.8721 | Samsung | ecomm08@sea.samsung.com
So I responded with:
Question, how am I supposed to return the phone before I receive the new one? This is my primary phone and do not have a backup.
Why is this recall process different than the one in the UK?
That one seems more customer oriented. SamsungUSA's process is more of a return. Why is SamsungUSA encouraging returns rather than exchanges?
Thank you,
Hope I get a reply soon.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I think all of us who ordered through Samsung.com this time won't do it again. As much as I love Samsung products and I have a bunch of them, I won't order anything directly from them again. This is the one major difference between Samsung and Apple, I don't have Apple products anymore but their customer service is second to none.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm out. I've been on hold with 1-800-SAMSUNG for 20 minutes now. I'm just going to return it and spend my money elsewhere. They are behaving like a start-up...meanwhile, they are a 300+ billion dollar empire. Cute.

Wonder how they will handle the two freebies they let me order...got both a 256gig card and Fit 2. Both were $0 at checkout, both shipped. I'm guessing if I send only one of them back, they won't notice? I mean, I'm glad they screwed up, but I'm keeping one of the items.

Or are they not asking for them back? I know T-Mobile just let people keep the free 12 month Netflix promo...I mean, we are carrying bombs, so yeah, good gesture would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.