Samsung.com Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Three conversations with Samsung where they will only allow me to send the phone in for a refund. Still waiting for a supervisor to call to discuss (holding my breath on that one). There have been several other posts with the same story. Also, take a look at this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyNote7/comments/51nuxb/bought_from_samsungcom_they_will_not_honor_the/
That's because they don't have any yet to swap. Your only option - at this time - is a return. I called and they told me they will let me know when the new ones are available and will swap mine out at that time.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
That's because they don't have any yet to swap. Your only option - at this time - is a return. I called and they told me they will let me know when the new ones are available and will swap mine out at that time.

I was told that there would be no swap. Their idea of an "exchange" is me sending it back, them refunding me, me creating a new order, and then receiving a new phone.

AhhNote7

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
What happens to the free gift (256GB MicroSD card or Gear watch) that was shipped with the Note 7 bought directly from Samsung.com? Are people supposed to return it with the phone to get refund? Will it be given again when you re-purchase the replacement unit?

I am asking because the only reason I bought early and paid full price was to get the special free gift offer that expired on 8/28.

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Samsung. There will be no exchange for another phone, you can only get a refund, and you get back in line to order a new phone. They said the phone will be available in 3 weeks, no guarantee. If you do not have a replacement phone, then you are SOL. You will need to buy another phone. Not clear if you even get the $25 credit. They are only interested in getting the phones back. I asked about the exchange web site and was told the website is wrong and does not apply to Samsung.com customers. Never buy anything from Samsung.com. Worst treatment. Oh, you do keep the accessories and free gift. This is BS.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Samsung. There will be no exchange for another phone, you can only get a refund, and you get back in line to order a new phone. They said the phone will be available in 3 weeks, no guarantee. If you do not have a replacement phone, then you are SOL. You will need to buy another phone. Not clear if you even get the $25 credit. They are only interested in getting the phones back. I asked about the exchange web site and was told the website is wrong and does not apply to Samsung.com customers. Never buy anything from Samsung.com. Worst treatment. Oh, you do keep the accessories and free gift. This is BS.

Had 5 separate discussions with samsung.com staff, same story. Spoke to someone at Samsung corporate, and they gave a different story. I'm hoping that, much like the ordering process, the samsung.com staff is completely ignorant. Samsung Tech Support said "we are exchanging 100% of the note 7's in the US". We had quite a lengthy discussion. I'm going to let it sit until the CPSC comes through with a ruling, then I will call back.

TL;DR: I got the same story, but I'm hoping they're just stupid.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
The problem here is, the sales end of Samsung.com is handled by Digital River. They are a terrible company and never do things properly.

If Samsung had it's own employees handling their web/phone sales and shipping directly from their warehouses (like Apple.com) none of this would be so bad. Since Digital River is involved, it's a ****show. Figures. They need to get rid of that old school company ASAP and take sales/order processing in-house.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Side Note: If you do decide to return yours for a refund, it will take 3 to 5 days for samsung.com to EMAIL YOU a pre-paid return label. THREE TO FIVE DAYS FOR AN E-MAIL. This is what we're dealing with folks.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Had 5 separate discussions with samsung.com staff, same story. Spoke to someone at Samsung corporate, and they gave a different story. I'm hoping that, much like the ordering process, the samsung.com staff is completely ignorant. Samsung Tech Support said "we are exchanging 100% of the note 7's in the US". We had quite a lengthy discussion. I'm going to let it sit until the CPSC comes through with a ruling, then I will call back.

TL;DR: I got the same story, but I'm hoping they're just stupid.
Got the same info as you guys. I actually called Sunday a week ago the first time, gave me the 3-5 day statement about shipping return label. This past Thursday I called them again and they said we see where you called but don't show them sending you anything. Said Will send me info again in 3-5 days. They must be reading from a script. I also told them I wanted to exchange and they said we don't do that, Samsung website wrong. I said I don't want to be without a phone and she said well you will just have to buy one and ship my current one back in for a refund. When I said if I buy one like it is a new order I would be put in back of the line while waiting on exchanges to be handled first. She said that is wrong also. It's a first come first serve no matter if I originally had the recalled phone or not. No way would I buy another item from Samsung.com again. Told her that. Doesn't phase them one bit. As much as love Samsung products I can't believe they let this company operate their online website. When I mentioned how bad Digital River is not only on this exchange but on the original pre-order she acted like she didn't know what I was taking about. As for the reason they are doing this is because ;they don't have the new ones yet". She told me that even when the new ones are posted on their website they will NOT handle it as an exchange it will STILL BE refund/repurchase? I asked will y'all send me an email stating the new ones are in stock? She said NO I will need to just keep checking on the website and look to see when I can order again. (Like I would order from them again anyway). At this point if I can just get my money back, I think I will just order through an ATT corporate store even if I have to wait in line again...

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Anyone receive a return shipping label from Samsung.com yet? I have called twice, they stay it's coming but still nothing.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Called today again. Now they are saying they WILL EXCHANGE, but I have to send it back first. If I want to refund, they want me to send back my Gear Fit 2 that I received. So I'm just gonna keep on hoping my Note 7 doesn't burn my house down, wait for them to become available, buy another one from this deplorable website, send mine in, and be rid of this wretched organization.

Its times like this I wish this wasn't hands down the best phone out there (you know, besides the fire hazard).

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Just speculating here, not facts. I think they are planning to issue a credit to those who want to replace their N7 with a new N7. So when it goes on sale, you use the credit and they will know that you replaced a recalled N7. When I called and said I wanted an exchange, the rep said they would know if I was replacing a recalled one. So I'm thinking a credit for exchange or a refund and return the gift if you are not planning to buy a new one from Samsung.com. Again, just my thoughts, not facts.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
It amazes me how often their stories change. I also called again yesterday HOPING to get an answer on why I haven't received my shipping label to send this back. I couldn't get that answer but I did get someone that said they are doing exchanges and when I send mine in they would send out a new one. The reason I couldn't get the answer about my shipping label answer was because they transferred me to the group that handles that and I got left on eternal hold and gave up.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I did get finally get in the correct group and I am on the list for the shipping label but she couldn't tell me when that would happen they are swamped. She also said the info I got yesterday about exchanges is wrong. They don't automatically send out a new one when the old one is received back. She said to get the $25 credit and keep the original gift I would have to reorder through Samsung.com. She swears this is right because their system is not set up for the scenario described to me yesterday.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
It seems to depend on who you talk to. I went into a T-mobile store yesterday to get a loaner and was informed they stopped giving them out and I'd have to call the main number for a loaner... no big deal. I asked them if I would simply bring in the old Note 7, the loaner and get my replacement Note 7 when they got them in at the store and the rep said yes. When I phoned in to order the loaner I asked that rep if the exchange info the store rep gave me was correct and she said yes.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
It seems to depend on who you talk to. I went into a T-mobile store yesterday to get a loaner and was informed they stopped giving them out and I'd have to call the main number for a loaner... no big deal. I asked them if I would simply bring in the old Note 7, the loaner and get my replacement Note 7 when they got them in at the store and the rep said yes. When I phoned in to order the loaner I asked that rep if the exchange info the store rep gave me was correct and she said yes.
Did you buy your original T-Mobile one through Samsung.com?

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
It's really funny how Samsung is encouraging everyone to turn off their phones and return them when those of us who bought through Samsung.com CAN'T because we are waiting on a return shipping label and directions on where to send this phone back to.. I called the first day after the original recall announcement, and they said I would get shipping label in 3-5 days. Didn't happen. Called last Friday and again was told 3-5 days and still don't have it. Has anyone who ordered through Samsung.com received a return shipping label yet? The crazy thing is the label isn't mailed to you, it is emailed to you....

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
It's really funny how Samsung is encouraging everyone to turn off their phones and return them when those of us who bought through Samsung.com CAN'T because we are waiting on a return shipping label and directions on where to send this phone back to.. I called the first day after the original recall announcement, and they said I would get shipping label in 3-5 days. Didn't happen. Called last Friday and again was told 3-5 days and still don't have it. Has anyone who ordered through Samsung.com received a return shipping label yet? The crazy thing is the label isn't mailed to you, it is emailed to you....
Well seeing that the postal services don't want to ship the bad phones in fear of fire it's going to be real interesting what happens next. Maybe Samsung will send you a fire proof pouch to ship it in...

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone gotten a shipping label from Samsung.com? This is just crazy. Just feels like we are an afterthought. I guess the longer they wait, the longer they keep our money.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone gotten a shipping label from Samsung.com? This is just crazy. Just feels like we are an afterthought. I guess the longer they wait, the longer they keep our money.
I haven't yet..Called them the third time this week. First time I had confirmation I was on some kind of list for the exchange..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome