Samsung.com Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I didn't order mine's through Samsung but like to keep up with most of the threads.

Has anyone tried to contact the CPSC or whatever their called and tell them that Samsung is making yall hold on to your phones without issuing a replacement thus upping the liability of a phone injuring you or someone around you?

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
It would be interesting to find out why they are making this change. Was it the refusal of UPS and FedEx to ship the recalled units? The numerous complaints on the various Note 7 forums, including the Samsung support site? The reports of the rude treatment buyers have gotten from Samsung.com reps (I personally don't blame them, they are just the messengers)?

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Xkoolaidislifex: Did you ever get a confirmation?

I talked to a few different people and they said that in fact, they were handling things differently, and thats why nobody has received e-mails with return labels. Then I got the most honest response ever:

"We are continually getting updates, so maybe if you call back tomorrow or monday, the information will have been updated then, but I don't have anything else to tell you."

It's very obvious that Samsung doesn't have a good grasp on its e-commerce team. I think as that became apparent, they took over the situation. Lets all hope that this gets resolved smoother.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I personally think this is better. From the pre-order fiasco with them, to the constant changing of status, no one ever believes anything they say, so you would think a change has to be better. Maybe Samsung.com/ca could handle it. :)

nonesounique

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
This is where you or others can write or call Samsung to complain about their s**ty ecommerce division.
Samsung Corp (USA)
Corporate Headquarters
85 Challenger Road
Ridgefield Park, New Jersey 07660
United States
Phone: 201-229-4000
Fax: 201-229-4029

marla523

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
There's a Samsung Support Facebook page and I sent them a message and they wrote back quickly. Here is their message....

We understand and sorry for the delay, Marla. Rest assured that we'll be reaching out to you next week with your replacement device information. ^Katy

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
then wouldn't it be so much easier if they allowed us to exchange our phones at retailers? This is so ridiculous.

Yep. This is what they need to do. Issue Samsung.com customers an email/QR code/something where we can take our bomb into a carrier store/Best Buy and swap it right out on the spot.

As for the return logistics...well, the carriers and Best Buy have stockrooms full of returns...so, they can toss our Samsung.com units in with them and back they go with the other ones, however that will be.

Instant fix, happy customers, Samsung retains the sale.

But they'll screw it up somehow, guaranteed.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
There's a Samsung Support Facebook page and I sent them a message and they wrote back quickly. Here is their message....

We understand and sorry for the delay, Marla. Rest assured that we'll be reaching out to you next week with your replacement device information. ^Katy

Someone on Reddit got a response too:

I understand you wanted more information about the Note7 Exchange program. At this time due to FedEx and UPS refusing to transport the packages. They have announced that a new program will be introduced for an actual Exchange instead of the Return/Refund system we had previously instituted.

This system was supposed to go live as of today, but as the last details are still being set up, this will be started next week. At this time please keep watch for new details on our website about this program and when it will be live. Please see the phone number and website below, but know the phone number will not be able to assist until next week.

They are stating they hope to have the phones available as early as 9/21/16. I hope this information addresses any questions you may have.

They left a number: 1-844-365-6197 (This will be active next week)

I honestly think they will have an exchange program this coming week. I know I'm been banging on them a lot, expressing my utter frustration. Others have as well. They need to figure this out ASAP because at this point, I'm ready to do whatever is necessary to find the CEO's email/phone and harass the **** out of them. Totally unacceptable operation they are running here. Our phones are just chilling in our homes and could spontaneously combust at any time it seems. We do not care about the FedEx/UPS drama. Not our problem. We want these things out of our homes and replaced ASAP, just like those who bought from carriers/Best Buy. They are being treated like kings and we are just sitting in the dark.

Unacceptable on any level.

Yeah, I'm mad lol

It's very obvious that Samsung doesn't have a good grasp on its e-commerce team. I think as that became apparent, they took over the situation. Lets all hope that this gets resolved smoother.

That's because their e-commerce team is operated by Digital River. They are a horrible early 2000's-era company that was used back in the day (mostly for software distribution). They have NO BUSINESS running Samsung (or anyone's) customer facing virtual storefront. Does Apple use them? Nope. Does HTC use them? Yep.

Think about that for a moment. Reflect on the anger that is associated with HTC's customer service/returns/orders/whatever. Who is behind the curtain there? Yep, Digital River.

Who is behind the mess we all are in?

Yep. Digital River indeed. How do I know this? They are headquartered in Minnetonka, Minnesota. Check your credit card statement from your Note 7 purchase. Yep.

Feel free to put this guy on blast. He's the head of the snake here:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/dcdobsonsr

(Samsung is too...which is why they are supposedly taking over...long overdue guys)

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
This is where you or others can write or call Samsung to complain about their s**ty ecommerce division.
Samsung Corp (USA)
Corporate Headquarters
85 Challenger Road
Ridgefield Park, New Jersey 07660
United States
Phone: 201-229-4000
Fax: 201-229-4029
Well don't worry about calling that phone number, I tried that on Thursday and all roads lead back to the same people we have been hammering.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, the best solution would be to send a list of samsung.com purchasers to each carrier and have the carrier handle the exchange. At least that's what I am hoping for.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, the best solution would be to send a list of samsung.com purchasers to each carrier and have the carrier handle the exchange. At least that's what I am hoping for.
That or just send us the new phone and let us take the old one back to a carrier store for them to return to Samsung with their other ones....

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Don't know why I even tried to call again. Called Samsung.com again this morning and was given the run around again. First person hung up on me almost as soon as I stated that I bought it from Samsung.com. Called back and got the same old speech. This person i just talked to is still holding to the fact that I have to send my phone in first before they will send one back.. Now they saying someone from Samsung will call me this week. I am still holding out hope that he doesn't know what he is talking about. Plus I get tired of reading all news about owners not returning their phones. Maybe they should ask Samsung.com customers why they haven't returned their phones yet.. If anyone gets any other info I would love to hear it because this call was a waste of time. BTW, I politely asked for a manager and could never get to one.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
"my manager doesn't have more information than I do"

"someone should call you in 24 hrs"

Have they called you within the last week? If not, it's probably going to be the "you can return it but not yet" call others have received. Hopefully they pulled their heads out and have an actual solution this time.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Have they called you within the last week? If not, it's probably going to be the "you can return it but not yet" call others have received. Hopefully they pulled their heads out and have an actual solution this time.
I called today. It sounded like they were actually going to offer an exchange, but they had no information.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
They have never called me, it's been me calling them. Which I don't know why i put myself through those useless calls.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I called today. It sounded like they were actually going to offer an exchange, but they had no information.
The exchange they tried to explain to me is we send them the phone first and only after they receive them will they ship us a replacement. Which is obviously ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18